Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lead singers that didnot work out

Go down 
+18
candlemass
TrogDawn
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
ultmetal
Addy
Schbopo
XYZ
iamrockerfun
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
kmorg
manny
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:36 am

James Rivera sang for Flotsam a very short time.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
On to the current topic, do you think this new guy will have any staying power with Journey or is he "1 and done"?

That's really up to Neil Schon. My opinion (which is worth a lot, as you well know) is that they never should have gotten rid of Steve Augeri. Steve Perry despite all the clamoring of fans to get him back, isn't the same guy anymore so he would never work if he came back. The new kid is their best bet now, but I personally think he'll have one more record before he's gone. Then Perry will come back and it will be disasterous.

I heard the new guy is already saying he's homesick.

AFAIK, that was just Rolling Stone taking sound bites and spinning the article that way. He & Journey released a statement after that issue came out and said his words were taken out of context.

It's a good bet he'll be around for the next album, hopefully, they can secure the release thru Walmart again. The Revelation album and tour were incredibly successful and his vocals are even more Perry-like than Augeri's, and that's a HUGE plus when it comes to touring.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Joe Lynn Turner - Slave & Masters album, did fit in but it's not so bad album, JLT is good singer but not for DP, i think.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:53 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
Joe Lynn Turner - Slave & Masters album, did fit in but it's not so bad album, JLT is good singer but not for DP, i think.

Even if it was the last commercially successful album in the States alot of Deep Purple fans agreed with you, especially European fans.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 pm

J. D. Fortune is a tool and this is the lastest about this future has been in regards to INXS:

JD Fortune may not really have been sacked by INXS but he will never get back in the band after last weeks outburst on Canadian television.

The INXS / JD Fortune saga will continue this week following an announcement from former manager and new record company boss Chris Murphy that the band did not sack JD Fortune.
Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, Murphy says, "Not only are we shocked by the claims, even the place the supposed incident was to have taken place is a mystery to the band."
He goes on to say that the band has a new recording deal coming up with his own label Petrol Records and that Fortune was about to be called.
"I guess I have no reason to call him now," he said.
JD Fortune announced on Canadian television last week that he was fired by the band at Hong Kong airport, that he was homeless and living in his car and had a problem with cocaine.
Fortune became lead singer of INXS after winning the reality TV show Rock Star: INXS.
His Canadian TV appearance was in support of his forthcoming solo album.
Fortune’s behavior has been somewhat erratic of late.

What a dick!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Quote :
That's really up to Neil Schon. My opinion (which is worth a lot, as you well know) is that they never should have gotten rid of Steve Augeri. Steve Perry despite all the clamoring of fans to get him back, isn't the same guy anymore so he would never work if he came back. The new kid is their best bet now, but I personally think he'll have one more record before he's gone. Then Perry will come back and it will be disasterous.

You realize this kid is about 40? And if they let him go they are really dumb.

Quote :
James Rivera sang for Flotsam a very short time.

He also did Vicious Rumors-Warball album then he and Geoff got into in on tour and he's bye-bye.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Eric Brann in Iron Butterfly.
If I remember correctly, Eric was the original guitar player for IB. Did I miss the period where he attempted to fill the vocal spot? surprised
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:32 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

If I remember correctly, Eric was the original guitar player for IB. Did I miss the period where he attempted to fill the vocal spot? surprised

Yeah, he was the original guitarist. After the "Metamorphosis" album, he took over and they released 2 albums with him on vocals, "Scorching Beauty" and "Sun and Steel".
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Hmm...I have those albums, but apparently I haven't paid close enough attention. Thanks for the heads up. Eric passed away a few years ago... Sad
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ian Gillan in Black Sabbath, although I love what they did together and the tour was equally great.

According to Geezer that tour was a disaster, he thanked God when Ritche called Ian to come back to his sences! (Deep Purple)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Been thinking about covering "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" in The Doors tribute. It would fit in nice, but only if the Vox is working!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:39 pm

candlemass wrote:
Been thinking about covering "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" in The Doors tribute. It would fit in nice, but only if the Vox is working!

I'd like to hear you guys do the extended version of that.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
candlemass wrote:

I'd like to hear you guys do the extended version of that.

That's the version I want to do, it would give me a nice break! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Jaime St. James sang on the Warrant album Born Again, and I liked
it OK, he was the singer for Black N' Blue.

When Jani Lane
rejoined the band last year and then left again soon after, I wondered
if they tried to get Jaime back. He was alright IMO.

Last edited by Getizzyback on Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am

Paul Di'Anno didn't work out so well with Iron Maiden. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:05 am

the guy that sang on peter criss' albums after he left KISS
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:31 am

manny wrote:
I was cruising around the web and saw that JD Fortune was fired from INXS after only one album, and then I thought of other major bands where the replacement vocalist did not work out, not talking about the quality of the music, but for whatever reason the vocalist only lasted one album and then they were out, here is my list:

Gary Cherone in Van Halen
Ray Wilson in Genesis
Joe Lynn Turner in Deep Purple
Glenn Hughes in Black Sabbath
Graham Bonnet in Rainbow
John Corabi in Motley Crue
David Reece in Accept,

any theories why some these guys did not work out, btw no official word from INXS why JD Fortune got fired, but apparently according to horse's ass himself, JD has to being addicted to cocaine and contributed to his own fate by acting like a tool and not being smart enough to know that this band has already suffered a devasting loss and may not have wanted to be a witness to another.

I have a pretty good theory why none of those guys worked out... they all kinda suck.

But seriously, in many cases they were replacing a lead singer that was very charismatic and defined the band's sound. By putting them in, they unfortunatley sound like a weak cover band. It might not be very fair, but many fans relate primarily with the lead singer of a band. They are like the head of PR.
In other cases, the problem is also band chemistry, simple as that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:34 am

From Manny's list the only one I like is Glenn Hughes, but that was really a solo album (Warner Bros. in their infinite wisdom tagged Black Sabbath on it). It also doesn't help that Hughes was having so many drug issues at the time he was fired after only playing 5 dates with the band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lead singers that didnot work out
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3