Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lead singers that didnot work out

Go down 
+18
candlemass
TrogDawn
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
ultmetal
Addy
Schbopo
XYZ
iamrockerfun
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
kmorg
manny
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lead singers that didnot work out Empty
PostSubject: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 am

I was cruising around the web and saw that JD Fortune was fired from INXS after only one album, and then I thought of other major bands where the replacement vocalist did not work out, not talking about the quality of the music, but for whatever reason the vocalist only lasted one album and then they were out, here is my list:

Gary Cherone in Van Halen
Ray Wilson in Genesis
Joe Lynn Turner in Deep Purple
Glenn Hughes in Black Sabbath
Graham Bonnet in Rainbow
John Corabi in Motley Crue
David Reece in Accept,

any theories why some these guys did not work out, btw no official word from INXS why JD Fortune got fired, but apparently according to horse's ass himself, JD has to being addicted to cocaine and contributed to his own fate by acting like a tool and not being smart enough to know that this band has already suffered a devasting loss and may not have wanted to be a witness to another.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:56 am

That new dude in Queen, I hope!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 am

I actually like that David Reece Accept album better than any other Accept album.

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:02 am

re: Glenn Hughes. He was having major substance abuse issues at the time which was seriously affecting his voice. He was fired after only 5 shows with the band.

Of course my argument is that Seventh Star was never intended to be a Black Sabbath album (thank Warner Brothers for that one), so I just view it as Iommi's first solo album.

Thankfully they teamed back up and released these two fine albums.

The 1996 Dep Sessions
Fused
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:11 am

Karl Agell - Corrosion of Conformity's Blind

I just listened to this one this week. I really enjoy this album, but as far as I know Karl only lasted for this one album. Don't know why? I understand he is/was in a new band (Leadfoot), but I've never heard it.

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Karl Agell - Corrosion of Conformity's Blind

I just listened to this one this week. I really enjoy this album, but as far as I know Karl only lasted for this one album. Don't know why? I understand he is/was in a new band (Leadfoot), but I've never heard it.

I've never heard the background story on that one, but I think Pepper's lead vocals on "Vote With A Bullet" helped open the door for his departure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:13 am

kmorg wrote:

Paul Rodgers? "That new dude"? You have gone mad. Paul Rodgers runs circles around that dead guy they had before.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 am

I like Paul Rodgers and I like Queen but I'm not a fan of Queen and Paul Rodgers.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:16 am

I like Pepper Keenan just fine in COC. It just so happened that I have Blind in my cd case this week, so I thought I'd go with that.

Another one that comes to mind is Kory Clark singing for Trouble. They haven't released anything official, but from those live recordings that were posted, I'm not sure he's the right guy for that band.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 am

Paul Shortino in Quiet Riot.

Never heard the album he did with'em myself (tho I hear it's pretty decent), but it probably wouldn't have mattered if Kevin DuBrow sang on it, cuz QR were pretty much dead as a doornail by that point (1988) anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 am

tohostudios wrote:
I like Paul Rodgers and I like Queen but I'm not a fan of Queen and Paul Rodgers.

I am fan of both of them, but together their newest albums was a disappointment, but even if it was the greatest album of all time, it is hard to replace any vocalist, even 10x harder when it is Freddie Mercury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Never heard the album he did with'em myself (tho I hear it's pretty decent), but it probably wouldn't have mattered if Kevin DuBrow sang on it, cuz QR were pretty much dead as a doornail by that point (1988) anyway.

Maybe in your house. But at my house and in Japan, QR never died. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 am

I always find that 1988 Quiet Riot album to be a weird album in their discography, Paul Shortino is a great vocalist but that first single 'Stay with Me Tonight' sounded to my ears like left over Whitesnake, and I feel that without Kevin Dubrow it is not really QR. DuBrow was the heart and soul of the band and he is not replaceable in that band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Another one that comes to mind is Kory Clark singing for Trouble. They haven't released anything official, but from those live recordings that were posted, I'm not sure he's the right guy for that band.

I saw that tour this year and I can GUARANTEE that he is the wrong choice for Trouble. In fact it was nothing short of godawful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:32 am

detuned wrote:

I saw that tour this year and I can GUARANTEE that he is the wrong choice for Trouble. In fact it was nothing short of godawful.

Did you know beforehand that Eric wasn't going to be there? If not, I would have asked for my money back. What a terrible mix of musicians that is. Eric Wagner is perfect for Trouble, Kory is perfect for Warrior Soul.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 am

It will also be interesting to see how the new guy works out with Anthrax. There is more recent video floating around with him singing a few older 'Thrax tunes and he sounds better than he did.

EDIT: Here's the new guy from Feb. 5th...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4fxaR0_p4

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:40 am

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

Did you know beforehand that Eric wasn't going to be there? If not, I would have asked for my money back. What a terrible mix of musicians that is. Eric Wagner is perfect for Trouble, Kory is perfect for Warrior Soul.

Yes, I knew he wasn't going to be there. But, I went primarily to see Bruce Franklin (who I had hung out with at a King's X show in Chicago - great guy). We talked for almost an hour before the show started and I could read between the lines that he's not a happy camper with the current lineup. During our conversation he said "Touring is not a good thing for Eric". The sad thing, is that Clarke came stumbling in drunk off his ass about 10 minutes before they were supposed to take the stage, he was so smashed he used the mic stand to prop himself up for the majority of the gig. He sucked so bad I wanted to kick his ass after the show was over.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:44 am

I could not imagine Kory Clarke singing for Trouble, I agree with Spec it sounds like a terrible idea, did Trouble ever record or even release a live album with Kory?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:45 am

manny wrote:
I could not imagine Kory Clarke singing for Trouble, I agree with Spec it sounds like a terrible idea, did Trouble ever record or even release a live album with Kory?

Oh no....no.no.no. Let's hope they just go their seperate ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:53 am

manny wrote:

Here's my concert review: http://www.heartofmetal.net/the-hurting-words-f7/trouble-live-emos-austin-tx-7-15-08-t6281.htm

Here's Kory doing Touch The Sky: Touch The Sky
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Oh no....no.no.no. Let's hope they just go their seperate ways.

That one worries me too....... I'm with everyone on the Quiet Riot/Paul S - weird.....

Although not a one and done, Blaze Bayley was totally wrong for Maiden (he was a 2 and done) - I know that one is beating a dead horse!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I actually like that David Reece Accept album better than any other Accept album.

That should be a bannable offence! angry

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:34 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Paul Rodgers? "That new dude"? You have gone mad. Paul Rodgers runs circles around that dead guy they had before.

fainting

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 pm

kmorg wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That should be a bannable offence! angry

lol!

I just got that album the other day. It is NOT an Accept album. What a turd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Judging from some of the comments in the other thread, Wade Black can't seem to keep a steady job anywhere.

Has Journey put out an album with the new Phillipino guy or has he just been touring with them?

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lead singers that didnot work out
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next