Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lead singers that didnot work out

Go down 
+18
candlemass
TrogDawn
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
ultmetal
Addy
Schbopo
XYZ
iamrockerfun
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
kmorg
manny
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Quote :
Has Journey put out an album with the new Phillipino guy or has he just been touring with them?

Yeah. It's called "Revelation". It's good too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:51 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Has Journey put out an album with the new Phillipino guy or has he just been touring with them?

Yeah. It's called "Revelation". It's good too.

Meh, I'll stick with my lone Greatest Hits disc. I like to listen to 'Open Arms' and dream about my 8th grade dance where Christy let me get my 1st touch of boob (over the shirt, of course).

On to the current topic, do you think this new guy will have any staying power with Journey or is he "1 and done"?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:54 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Never heard the album he did with'em myself (tho I hear it's pretty decent), but it probably wouldn't have mattered if Kevin DuBrow sang on it, cuz QR were pretty much dead as a doornail by that point (1988) anyway.

Maybe in your house. But at my house and in Japan, QR never died. Smile

Understood, but you know what I mean. In the "Behind the Music" on Quiet Riot Frankie Banali basically admitted that the Shortino album was just thrown out there to fulfill their record contract. I don't think they even toured for it (except maybe in Japan).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Quote :
On to the current topic, do you think this new guy will have any staying power with Journey or is he "1 and done"?

That's really up to Neil Schon. My opinion (which is worth a lot, as you well know) is that they never should have gotten rid of Steve Augeri. Steve Perry despite all the clamoring of fans to get him back, isn't the same guy anymore so he would never work if he came back. The new kid is their best bet now, but I personally think he'll have one more record before he's gone. Then Perry will come back and it will be disasterous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Quote :
Understood, but you know what I mean. In the
"Behind the Music" on Quiet Riot Frankie Banali basically admitted that
the Shortino album was just thrown out there to fulfill their record
contract. I don't think they even toured for it (except maybe in Japan).

Oh yeah, I'm just ticklin your nads. Smile In the late 80s, Shortino was looking for a new record label for Rough Cutt and ran into Spencer Proffer who promised him things that were never delivered. Essentially like with all Pasha QR albums, the only one who made any significant profit is Proffer himself.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Oh yeah, I'm just ticklin your nads. Smile

And I appreciate it. But I'd appreciate it even more if you'd get a manicure once in a while.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
That new dude in Queen, I hope!

Paul Rodgers? "That new dude"? You have gone mad. Paul Rodgers runs circles around that dead guy they had before.

Wow that's quite a statement! They are not even comparable outside of the realms of Rodgers trying to sing Mercury's songs. I think that Paul Rodgers is a bad fit for Queen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:06 pm

old Seb's Skid Row and new lead singer of ''skid row'' = disaster
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Paul Rodgers? "That new dude"? You have gone mad. Paul Rodgers runs circles around that dead guy they had before.

HA HA! Good one! Do tell us another. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Eric Brann in Iron Butterfly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Gordon Haskell in King Crimson - He didn't even complete the album Lizard before being canned, they hired Jon Anderson to finish off the last needed vocal track.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:29 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Say What??? Nobody can repleace Freddie Nobody Queen without Freddie is only a shell of its former self IMO
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:13 pm

GG Allin in My Cousinis Butt Trumpet. Pretty obvious why that union ended so ugly, but at least we are left with an astronomically, insanely good album in "Fore-Flew over the Coo-Coo's House" [Koo-Koo's? I can't remember now]. Man, they simply don't make music like they did in 1985 any more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Sorry guys and gals, I don't get the attraction of Freddie Mercury. His voice really grates on my nerves. But then so doesn't Queen's music. There isn't much that I dislike more than a Queen song.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Sorry guys and gals, I don't get the attraction of Freddie Mercury. His voice really grates on my nerves. But then so doesn't Queen's music. There isn't much that I dislike more than a Queen song.

Sometimes it seems like you just try to piss everyone off. Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 927150
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:49 pm

If I was worried about making peeps mad, I wouldn't say anything. But why get pissed over another's opinion? Pass the green beans please. Damn Sax, these biscuits are righteous!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 pm

I've known plenty of people in my life that hated Queen and/or Freddie Mercury, not a big deal. As I've said before, if we liked all the same bands it would be a damn boring planet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:57 pm

detuned wrote:
I've known plenty of people in my life that hated Queen and/or Freddie Mercury, not a big deal. As I've said before, if we liked all the same bands it would be a damn boring planet.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:00 pm

Ian Gillan in Black Sabbath, although I love what they did together and the tour was equally great.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:35 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
GG Allin in My Cousinis Butt Trumpet. Pretty obvious why that union ended so ugly, but at least we are left with an astronomically, insanely good album in "Fore-Flew over the Coo-Coo's House" [Koo-Koo's? I can't remember now]. Man, they simply don't make music like they did in 1985 any more!

Laughing very hard Post of the day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ian Gillan in Black Sabbath, although I love what they did together and the tour was equally great.

I agree completely, still wish they made more than one together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:48 pm

I never did get to hear anything from these guys while he was in the band but Whitfield Crane From Ugly Kid Joe sang in Life Of Agony for years but they would only do live shows and they never recorded anything with him. I thought that would have been an interesting album if they were to ever record one. I miss hearing this guys voice. The other bands that hes been in I havent seen their albums anywhere.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:53 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

That's really up to Neil Schon. My opinion (which is worth a lot, as you well know) is that they never should have gotten rid of Steve Augeri. Steve Perry despite all the clamoring of fans to get him back, isn't the same guy anymore so he would never work if he came back. The new kid is their best bet now, but I personally think he'll have one more record before he's gone. Then Perry will come back and it will be disasterous.

I heard the new guy is already saying he's homesick.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:58 am

Ripper lasted about the same amount of time as Blaze was in Maiden, so i guess he didn't work out long term even though he is more than capable. He was in Iced Eath an even less amount of time.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:45 am

I just thought of another one. Now, I'm not even sure it was ever intended that this guy should do more in this band than the concert(s)(?) he did, but Bride's Dale Thompson did sing for Stryper for a short spell!

PostSubject: Re: Lead singers that didnot work out   Lead singers that didnot work out - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lead singers that didnot work out
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next