Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian is back!

Go down 
+14
MetalFRO
Glenn Rogers
Shiney
kmorg
7thSaviour
YngwieDokkenfan
7thSecond
mc666
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
stevegarveyfan
ultmetal
Troublezone
kethdredd
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Guardian is back! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 pm

I thought they sounded like downtuned crap.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:46 pm

"we would still be singing cowboy songs." as said UNCLE SAXON

Why would that be such a bad thing? It's those cowboy songs, mixed with early blues standards, slave song and sea shanties that give us 99.9% of the music we all know and love or know and hate.

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:07 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I thought they sounded like downtuned crap.

Metallica was always tuned down weren't they? I don't think they drop-tuned at all on either of their supposed "grunge" records...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Yeah, I wasn't very clear and they have always downtuned. I guess I don't like the move away from solos, the different tunings that seem to be used to make up for the lack of solos and less crunch. There are some ok moments here and there and they are nowhere near as bad as St. Anger but I was not enjoying the direction they went.

What was the original question? happy
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:54 pm

I have one thing to say" space suits."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Back to the original topic, they have released 4 "live recordings" that they have redone. No new material but they changed up the songs a bit, you can see/hear it all at http://houseofguardian.com/ . Pretty interesting endeavor, I'm curious to see how many "episodes" they do.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
I have one thing to say" space suits."

Guardian is back! - Page 2 Guardian_gardian_pic

I used to have an even cooler one, where they were totally looking like the Power Rangers. But I think I lost it when my last computer crashed! I really like the Gardian (yes, spelled just like that), and the Fusion tunes.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:29 am

TheNazgul wrote:
We keep mentioning Fire And Love then BR and miss their best album, Miracle Mile. Trend chasers or not that was a great one.
F&L 10/10
FW 9.75/10
MM 9.5/10

All 3 albums rule! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:04 pm

That version of "Psychedelic Runaway" is great!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That version of "Psychedelic Runaway" is great!
headbanger Who did it originally?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:02 pm

It's a Guardian song, I meant this raw, live "version" on the HouseOfGuardian site...
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:38 pm

Yeah, I thought "Psychadelic Runaway" sounded pretty good. I didn't think "Shoeshine Johnny" came off quite as tight as the original, but for a relatively off-the-cuff live in the studio cut, it's pretty good. I have been a Guardian fan for a LONG time, and other than "Bottle Rocket", I've liked all their stuff immediately. I have issues w/ "Fire and Love", mostly the somewhat sterile production. "Bottle Rocket" was disappointing to me upon first listen, but subsequent listens have proven it's a great album in its own right. "First Watch" remains my all-time favorite because it holds a special place in my heart (first "Christian" metal album I ever heard), but honestly I think their best album song-writing wise is "Buzz" by a country mile. "Miracle Mile" is awesome, but "Buzz" has one over on it. I'm glad to see they're back at it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Guardian's the latest band to give the Kickstarter thing a try in order to fund a new album...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/guardian2012/guardian-the-cat-starter-project?ref=category

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:56 pm

I guess if it works but i'm not paying 'til I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:32 pm

I've always wondered what happens if you contribute to a band's Kickstarter fund, receive your album, and you think it sucks. Can you ask for a refund? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've always wondered what happens if you contribute to a band's Kickstarter fund, receive your album, and you think it sucks. Can you ask for a refund? Very Happy

nope. buyer beware.

Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:38 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
but honestly I think their best album song-writing wise is "Buzz" by a country mile.

The band can only take partial credit for the songwriting on Buzz. Steve Taylor had a huge hand in writing that album, particularly the lyrics and vocal melodies.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I guess if it works but i'm not paying 'til I hear it.

This!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Boo for them

PostSubject: Re: Guardian is back!   Guardian is back! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian is back!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2