Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you

Go down 
+30
RevBilly6207
Lurideath
Rex
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
kmorg
candlemass
scottmitchell74
Mordor
Gilbert
Am I Evil?
James B.
Troublezone
mc666
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
jstate
sam
Stender
MetalRob331
XYZ
Smindas
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
manny
Schbopo
tohostudios
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:12 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
And, Yeah, Stryper - Reborn. Man.......

yeah, I have no idea why I still own this...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying
Judas Priest - Nostradamus
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Slayer - God Hates Us All
Carcass - Swan Song
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Iron Maiden-X Factor, now I don't think it is that bad, but when it was first released I thought they had just released their demo instead of a real album, hated it at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Stender wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
And, Yeah, Stryper - Reborn. Man.......

yeah, I have no idea why I still own this...

I like a lot of it, but there is no doubt some filler there.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Stryper "Reborn"

Poor title, should've been; "Still Dead!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Rex wrote:

Blind Guardian - a night at the opera & a twist in the myth (both albums were HIGH on my eager to get list, but they are both way to dense and jumbled for me, the jumbliness ruined this band for me)

Classic example of one man's trash is another man's treasure!

These are my two favorite lp's by BG, and ANATO is in my estimation one of the greatest power metal lp's ever composed! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:20 pm

candlemass wrote:
Rex wrote:

Blind Guardian - a night at the opera & a twist in the myth (both albums were HIGH on my eager to get list, but they are both way to dense and jumbled for me, the jumbliness ruined this band for me)

These are my two favorite lp's by BG, and ANATO is in my estimation one of the greatest power metal lp's ever composed! 🤘

Nightfall In MIddle Earth is one of the greatest concept power metal albums IMO. To follow that with the bloated progginess of ANATO (not to mention ripping off a title that had already been used on a far better album) just plain pissed me off. Following that up with a similarly proggy ATITM and this band lost me as a fan. Way too dense and way too self indulgent for my tastes.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 pm

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
The Gathering is one of my all time favourite thrash albums. It is literally the heaviest album ever.
ditto... it's the best Testament has ever put to plastic. thanks in no small part to Lombardo.

Maybe for those that don't care about guitar solos...
that would be me. i can take them or leave them.

The solos were a big part of why i was liked Testament since the beginning. i thought Murphy did a good job but Skolnick was a part of what set them apart from generic thrash bands.
Back to top Go down
RevBilly6207
Metal novice
Metal novice
RevBilly6207

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Overkill - I Hear Black
WASP - Helldorado
Slayer - Just about everything since Seasons
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/once_dead
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Once Dead - Visions of hell
It sucked, the vocals are horrible if they would have kept the dude from Utlimatum it could have been a good album but as it is it sucked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:07 am

SEBASTIAN BACH:ANGEL DOWN
OZZY OSBOURNE:DOWN TO EARTH and BLACK RAIN
Last two EUROPE albums, last TNT album, last DEICIDE album and a long etc...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
candlemass wrote:
Rex wrote:

Nightfall In MIddle Earth is one of the greatest concept power metal albums IMO. To follow that with the bloated progginess of ANATO (not to mention ripping off a title that had already been used on a far better album) just plain pissed me off. Following that up with a similarly proggy ATITM and this band lost me as a fan. Way too dense and way too self indulgent for my tastes.

Nightfall... is an album I listened to twice a day for over a month when I first got it. The awesomeness of that album is off the charts. While I enjoyed the last two, I can understand why you don't like them because they don't come close.

Kamelot-Ghost Opera: don't know why but this one just baffles me. Sometimes I enjoy it and sometimes Sleep

Circle II Circle-Delusions Of Grandeur: I like the album but after the fantastic Burden Of Truth it just couldn't compete.

The Showdown-Back Breaker: After the masterpiece that was Temptation Come My Way, that album went too far back into metalcore territory.

Allen Lande-The Revenge: Great album but unlike the first one it took me a while to love it.

Masterplan-s/t: my first was Aeronautics and that was followed by MKII, and finally the debut. Every song on Aeronautics is memorable for me, MKII had a lot less memorabilty but was still good. The debut is good and Jorn's voice is out of this world, but the songs just don't stick with me like the other two.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:38 am

Another vote for Death Magnetic from me. I heard the new songs played live before the album was released and i was mega excited; then i got the album and was underwhelmed to say the least. It's just so flat sounding and repetitive.

I hate The Day That Never Comes and the ridiculously unnecessary Unforgiven III to the extent that they completely break-up the flow of the album for me.

The fan-made digital rip of the album from the Guitar Hero III game is far superior sounding to the official version; but it's still not anything that's going to get a lot of play from me.

I think, if i remember correctly, St. Anger actually held my attention for longer. Honestly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you   Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you were looking forward to, but didn't like them as much as you
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3