Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling

Go down 
+8
sam
manny
Smindas
EvyMetal
the sentinel
Troublezone
mc666
Gilbert
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Empty
PostSubject: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:19 am

I recently managed to secure savatage's "dungeons are calling". Probably their best album ever.

However, i was surprised to discover some amusingly yet stupid metal rap song at the end of the album. scratch
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:42 am

i only have the original 84 version with 6 songs. none of them have any rap in them. what version do you have?

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:13 am

Silver anniversary special edition. It has some bonus tracks too. Worth getting.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 am

ult's review of the album speaks of the rap song.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 am

I have both versions. It's amusing. Smile
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:01 pm

I have that album, but I don't think the rap song is on it, must be the original mentioned by mc666
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Quote :
Probably their best album ever.

angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm a HOTMK [a hot monkey?] guy myself. That album is pure brilliance.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:04 pm

Hall of the Mountain King is a fantastic album, but I've actually always been a sucker for Streets.

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:04 pm

Edge Of thorns for me. Criss was on top of his game.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 pm

My favorite by Savatage is 'Gutter Ballet', BTW in newest issue of Guitar World (With Kirk Hammet and Adam Jones on the cover) it has nice lengthy article on Criss Oliva. It seems he is being regarded as an unsung guitar hero.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:09 pm

manny wrote:
My favorite by Savatage is 'Gutter Ballet', BTW in newest issue of Guitar World (With Kirk Hammet and Adam Jones on the cover) it has nice lengthy article on Criss Oliva. It seems he is being regarded as an unsung guitar hero.

This is on stands now? they're the same clowns who didn't have him in the top 100 metal guitarists.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:16 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
manny wrote:

This is on stands now? they're the same clowns who didn't have him in the top 100 metal guitarists.

I subscribe to the mag, but I believe it is on the stands now, here is the cover:

Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling 0409-Hammett-Jones
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:26 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
manny wrote:

it is, I've read about half of it and so far their doing him justice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Smindas wrote:
Hall of the Mountain King is a fantastic album, but I've actually always been a sucker for Streets.

Yes!!!!!! Its all about Streets. Very Happy

That makes you, me, and Freddy!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:24 pm

manny wrote:
It seems he is being regarded as an unsung guitar hero.

'Bout time....

I love that rap song on the silver edition. It's obviously intended as a joke, and it's a good one, IMO. It cracks me up everytime I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:24 am

TDAC is my fave Sav album. definitely their heaviest. Oliva is kinda like Dimebag to me though. the more i hear about him, the less i want to.

Last edited by mc666 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:20 am

The Dungeons Are Calling was the first Savatage album I got and still my sentimental favorite. I pretty much like all the albums from Sirens through Gutter Ballet (skipping Fight For The Rock of course).

Streets was too much Paul O'Neill and not enough Savatage. There are some songs I like (Jesus Saves in particular), but it pretty much leaves me cold.

If Jon had sang vocals on Edge Of Thorns that would be one of my favorites, as it stands however I can tolerate it, but Savatage isn't really Savatage without BOTH of the brothers on hand. I don't like anything after Edge Of Thorns.

After Criss passed away they should have changed the name of the band to "The Paul O'Neill Project"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:04 am

Hall of the Mountain King is my favorite, followed by Sirens, and then The Dungeons Are Calling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:21 am

Stender wrote:

That makes you, me, and Freddy!

Pillow fight!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:54 am

Can't wait for savatage to release new material. It's about time. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:48 am

Gilbert wrote:

The closest you'll every get to the old Sava sound is Jon Oliva's Pain. Even if they resurrected the Savatage name, it still wouldn't be as good as JOP.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:18 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

The closest you'll every get to the old Sava sound is Jon Oliva's Pain. Even if they resurrected the Savatage name, it still wouldn't be as good as JOP.

I'm not familiar with the work of JOP. I should consider their records. Are we talking savatage style?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:19 am

Old Savatage style a mix of the eighties stuff and the early 90's stuff. If you like Savatage, you'll love JOP.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:31 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Old Savatage style a mix of the eighties stuff and the early 90's stuff. If you like Savatage, you'll love JOP.

I'm on it then 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling   Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap metal song on savatage's dungeons are calling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next