Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session

Go down 
+7
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
chewie
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
adrian
Eyesore
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Empty
PostSubject: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 am

Anyone hear about this?

Quote :
New remastered edition of Sirens and The Dungeons Are Calling. Originally conceived as all of their debut album, the material was split up because it was too long for vinyl release. Jon Oliva states that this is the first time the material is appearing as it was conceived. This "complete session" release includes one new bonus track recorded by Oliva in 2010.
As far as I can tell, the bonus track is "In the Dream," which obviously isn't a new song. Maybe a new recording.

Anyone got any more info on this one?
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:23 am

Great news! I have yet to get any Savatage albums, but I've been wanting The Dungeons Are Calling for a long time.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:42 am

I'm getting a little tired of all these reissues. I haven't heard about this, but I can't see why I should rebuy these akbums for the umpteenth time, just becasue of 1 "new" song.

It's not like they haven't released these 2 together before....

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:04 am

Havent heard about this but like Kmorg said the reissues are rediculous. Why I don't get is that All their albums were just reissued recently as digipacks but I cannot find them in any store by me. Months ago I came across Wake Of Magellan and Edge Of Thorns which I picked up but I haven't seen the rest of them. They might be on amazon but I'd hate to get them and they end up being the wrong versions.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:19 am

http://www.amazon.com/Dongeons-Are-Calling-Savatage/dp/B003ELZKZW/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1292775442&sr=8-32

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:34 pm

How about I just combine those two albums into one myself since I already have both.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:02 pm

It wouldn't be a terrible idea if they'd included a second disc with all the bonus tracks from the previous reissues.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It wouldn't be a terrible idea if they'd included a second disc with all the bonus tracks from the previous reissues.

That's what it would take for me to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Ehhh... I'd think about this one. I have a prior CD issue of DUNGEONS (the Metal Blade pressing from the mid 90s) but I've never had SIRENS on CD. It would be nice to have'em all in one place.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:31 pm

I got 2 versions of each the reissue in '94 (I believe) and the silver editions. I would probably get this to complete my Savatage reissues that I have. The only thing Im wondering is how the spine of the cd will be. Its suppose to spell out Savatage, but for some reason the ones I have start out spelling the S but if it spells out the whole name they won't be in order they were released so I don't know what to do.

Seeing that its only $10 on amazon I might just get it and see what happens. The packaging is pretty nice and I believe theirs info about each album written by Jon.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 am

I happen to own both reissues (silver anniversary)

The best two savatage albums ever.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:28 am

Figures, since I just bought Dungeons Are Calling. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on that Sirens silver anniversary edition. I really love both albums, so at that amazon price point I may just pick it up. Hate to reward the constant reissuing but in this case I know I'll play the hell out of it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:44 am

I have the originals of both of these already. Pass.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 pm

so did anyone got this? I don't have either, is it worth the buy, or should I wait for another re-issue?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Actually got mine today. Theres really no booklet which is wierd because I thought there would be atleast lyrics or something. It just has some liner notes from Jon Oliva and thats it. Not sure how it sounds but I'm guessing its fine. I'm taking it with me in a minute so I'll find out.

PostSubject: Re: Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session   Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savatage - Sirens/The Dungeons Are Calling: The Complete Session
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: