Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?

Go down 
+6
skullsmasher
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:58 pm

I was in a German Heavy Metal shop, and found this album by a band called "Rawhead Rexx" - It was a blind buy. It was very cheap, and had this unbelievably cheesy, yet cool cover art. I couldn't resist buying it, and hoping it wasn't some generic Death Metal band - Fortunatly, is wasn't - These guys play ferocious speed metal, with lots of power and classic influence. I think it's a concept album, about some werewolf-type monster haunting a town. The album also features a game with the album as soundtrack - But it's very bad. Haha

These guys are killer!

Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Rawhead_rexx_rawhead_rexx_2002_retail_cd-front

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Heard of them and the movie of the same name. Never actually heard the band though.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Rawheadrex

Most likely inspired by this...Rawhead Rex (the movie), based on a Clive Barker story.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Heard of them and the movie of the same name. Never actually heard the band though.

Check them out - They are killer!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Yea their drummer is now with Helloween thats how I found out about them. They are pretty good very similar to Helloween actually.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea their drummer is now with Helloween thats how I found out about them. They are pretty good very similar to Helloween actually.

Indeed, especially the vocals - I'd say their sound is a little more raw and the music a little more ferocious.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 pm

definetly. Shame they only made 2 albums though. I dont know if they are on break or what but as far as I know they havent done anything since he joined Helloween.

Last edited by Phoenix Reign Drummer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Heard the name but have never heard the band. That cover is awesome! The band is like Helloween? hmm
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 pm

I bought that album and didn't care for it at all.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I bought that album and didn't care for it at all.

Yes, but you don't like anything

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Some songs are better than others, I'll admit - But the opening track, "Town of Sculls" totally annihilates! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Heard the name but have never heard the band. That cover is awesome! The band is like Helloween? hmm

Yes, but a more raw and faster version. Pick it up. I got mine for a mere 3 bucks 🤘
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Lurideath wrote:
This is my thought too, I like Helloween.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:35 pm

I've heard of them but never heard them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 am

Awesome metal. I listened to their cd once at my friend's place. I just can't seem to find a copy for me. Too bad. Will probably check them out when i'm in barcelona (some very good metal stores there!).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Both their albums have been on my wantlist forever. If anyone can pick them up for 3 buck each for me, I'll pay you back! Very Happy

Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:12 am

Yes, love them. I have had both albums now for years. The singer is Jurgen Volk who use to be in Letter x & Glenmore, great singer. Also Geoff Thorpe of Vicious Rumors also appeared on one of their albums as a guest. I believe they are in the middle of writing another album YES!!!! 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

The game truly does suck big time lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 7:01 am

The best track on the album, in my opinion - my initial excitement wore off quite fast, but it turned out to be a decent record and surprisingly good, price considered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?   Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of Rawhead Rexx?
Page 1 of 1