Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I never heard it like that before

Go down 
+4
stormspell
SAHB Healer
mc666
bgast1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

I never heard it like that before Empty
PostSubject: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Anyone here ever have one of those moments where you've maybe listened to the same album lots and lots of times and then all of the sudden you listen to it just once more it grabs you and never lets go? I just listened to NIGHTWISH -- Dark Passion Play for like the 50th time and it seems like, but tonight that album just plain grabbed me from the opening note until I was absolutely blown away by the last track Meadows Of Heaven. What am epic masterpiece this album is, is all I can say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Great. This is gonna be like being in the front row of a Gallagher show in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 am

the best albums always turn out to be the ones that grow on you.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:46 am

Sevenchurch-"Bleak Insight". It took me ten years to digest the thing. (I know, I know, I never should have eaten it in the first place).

It's an extremely complex, lethargic doom band with Ian Curtis type vocals.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:23 am

I need to buy this Nightwish. I shall go to overstock.com soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 7:56 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Sevenchurch-"Bleak Insight".

It's an excellent album alright, I got it when it came out and it's still sitting there on the shelf, It's one of those albums that I'd listen to once a month and then put it back up.

Pity they never followed it up.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:14 am

mc666 wrote:
the best albums always turn out to be the ones that grow on you.

Very True.Usually the ones you like immediately kinda grow old quickly
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:21 am

There are a few albums I've bought, put aside, and didn't discover till some time later. One was TOO TOUGH TO DIE by the Ramones. I bought that (on cassette) years ago on the day before I headed back up to college. I listened to it once or twice while I packed up my stuff, thought "Meh, it's OK," and it promptly got lost in the shuffle of moving all my stuff into my dorm room. I didn't find it again till months later when I was looking for something else in a drawer, and thought "Hmm, guess I should give this another listen," and was like "WOW! This thing kicks ASS!" To this day it's still one of my favorite Ramones albums.

Megadeth's RUST IN PEACE was another one. For whatever reason, I never gave that album the time of day when I first bought it (dunno why, I guess cuz I was buying TONS of music @ that time and I must've bought it at the same time as a few other things I liked better), but a few years later I dug it out, put it on, and was blown away. Nowadays when I'm in the mood for Megadeth, this is the CD I reach for.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:26 am

ghost reveries by opeth grew in me a great deal before i actually liked it. i mean i liked it when i got it but i did not really like it if ya know what i mean
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:56 pm

This happens to me all the time. I've even owned albums for years, and never gotten into them. Then I've sat down do add them to my website, and listening to them while tyoing a lukewarm "review", then BAM, the thing opens up to me, and I have to type the thing all over.....

And I agree, the best albums are like this.... growers.

PostSubject: Re: I never heard it like that before   I never heard it like that before Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I never heard it like that before
Page 1 of 1