Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981

Go down 
+8
mr.electric39
Todd Jaymz
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
krokus
kmorg
stepcousin
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981   DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:08 pm

I am sure it is from King Biscuit, for one thing, his label at the time Elektra was not going to spend tons of money to record an unknown band like Dokken live, who's debut sold well but was not going to became the next 'Metal Health' record in terms of sales. Hiring a mobile recording truck or a producer to handle the recordings etc

King Biscuit was good at recording bands, and giving bands who they thought might break big exposure by broadcasting them with a bigger act.

Part of Ozzy's 'Randy Rhoads Tribute' where taken from a King Biscuit broadcast if I remember correctly.

In the early 90's they had released a few archieve recordings such as Deep Purple, Girlschool, etc.

Other bands who had complete control of their publising etc such as AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and other big names, have King Biscuit live recordings that have yet to see the light of day.

Last edited by manny on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981   DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Whoever owns the rights to those King Biscuit Flower Hour radio shows must be sitting on a gold mine. I know there was a K.B.F.H. record label at one time which was releasing the concerts on CD but I have no idea if it's still active.

I have a Ramones live disc from them ("NYC 1978") which was recorded in NYC a week or so after the shows in England that they used for the "It's Alive" album. It's kind of pointless to own cuz it's more or less the exact same set list as It's Alive, but I'm a fanboy so of course had to pick it up.

I also have a Deep Purple Extended Versions disc from the short lived "Mark IV" lineup (w/Coverdale and Tommy Bolin) that apparently started life as a King Biscuit broadcast.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981   DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Whoever owns the rights to those King Biscuit Flower Hour radio shows must be sitting on a gold mine. I know there was a K.B.F.H. record label at one time which was releasing the concerts on CD but I have no idea if it's still active.

I have a Ramones live disc from them ("NYC 1978") which was recorded in NYC a week or so after the shows in England that they used for the "It's Alive" album. It's kind of pointless to own cuz it's more or less the exact same set list as It's Alive, but I'm a fanboy so of course had to pick it up.

I also have a Deep Purple Extended Versions disc from the short lived "Mark IV" lineup (w/Coverdale and Tommy Bolin) that apparently started life as a King Biscuit broadcast.

Yep, I have it under the original name 'King Biscuit Presents....'
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981   DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I have a couple boots from KBFH, would love to see them released on CD. The KISS one from the LIU tour is great
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981   DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 5:39 pm

I had the Girlschool KBFH at one point, got it used through Swapacd and gave it to a friend. I've always wanted to collect these; Amazon seems to have a buttload for reasonable used prices. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_0?rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3Aking+biscuit+flower+hour&keywords=king+biscuit+flower+hour&ie=UTF8&qid=1404768471&rnid=2941120011

As for Dokken, I would grab it to round out my collection but I'm just not a big fan of their work before Tooth & Nail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981   DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - From Conception: Live 1981
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2