Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite Great White album?

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
mez
James B.
7thSecond
metalken
Eyesore
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

What is your favorite Great White album? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:07 pm

I have their greatest hits album - and am really starting to like this band moreso than ever.

What are your favorite albums? How many fans are there here?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Once Bitten and Twice Shy are all the Great White I need.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Their debut is awesome. I find myself going back to that album more often than anything else. They were a pretty heavy band on that album. Their sound definitely started to change by Shot In the Dark.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Not sure there's a bad album out there by these guys.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:34 am

Shot In The Dark has always been a sentimental favorite of mine since the mid eighties.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 am

Once Bitten is my favorite. Good stuff on all of them though.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:41 am

Another audition...another denial !

The E.P which was out in El Lay before Capital / EMI signed them is very sentimental. But I like the live Zeppelin tribute album the best.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:26 am

Greatest Hits is a good place to start, after that if you dig them enough Once Bitten....Twice Shy are what I think is the best. Dont really know any of the stuff from the 90's on though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:19 am

The debut is probably my favorite, though I don't really dislike anything by Great White.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 am

Toss up between SHOT IN THE DARK and ONCE BITTEN for me. HOOKED isn't bad either. Haven't heard much from them since that album.

Great live band (at least back in the day, haven't seen'em since the early 90s) too.

Though to be honest, ever since the infamous Station Nightclub fire incident I don't find myself listening to Great White's music much. It's kinda depressing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:08 am

I'm partial to Hooked. Radio/MTV overkill of ...Twice Shy kinda ruined that album for me, to the point where I never upgraded my badly worn-out tape to cd. After that, my discography of Great White is sorta spotty, but I'd agree that from what I've heard, they haven't released anything bad. They're consistant, if anything. You know what you're getting with a Great White album.

Believe it or not, they were one of the loudest bands I've ever heard when I saw 'em live years ago. Saw them twice, once at the Spectrum, once in a little place in Old Bridge, NJ. After the Station Nightclub tradegy, it sorta freaked me out. I thought, "Wow, that could have been me at that tiny club in Jersey". I don't listen to Great White much these days and I think that's partially the reason. Like Freddy, it depresses me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
once in a little place in Old Bridge, NJ.

Ahhh, the Birch Hill Nightclub, am I right? Gawd, I miss that place. Saw a bunch of great shows there in the early/mid 90s. A buddy who lives in that area tells me there are condos on the spot where that club used to be now. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
once in a little place in Old Bridge, NJ.

Ahhh, the Birch Hill Nightclub, am I right? Gawd, I miss that place. Saw a bunch of great shows there in the early/mid 90s. A buddy who lives in that area tells me there are condos on the spot where that club used to be now. What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_sad

Yea, Birch Hill. I couldn't remember the name as I was typing my response. I was hoping you'd chime in with that name. It was a bit of a hike for me to get there from Philly, so I didn't go as often as I woulda liked (especially when I didn't have a car), but they had some great shows there. I'm not sure, but the Great White show was probably the last time I went there. If I had to guess, I'd say it was the early/mid 90's? when "hair metal" was being shown the door and bands like Great White, who could once fill an arena were relegated to small, half-sold nightclubs.

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:32 am

Through Psycho City is good stuff. After that it's pretty hit and miss.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, Birch Hill. I couldn't remember the name as I was typing my response. I was hoping you'd chime in with that name. It was a bit of a hike for me to get there from Philly, so I didn't go as often as I woulda liked (especially when I didn't have a car), but they had some great shows there. I'm not sure, but the Great White show was probably the last time I went there. If I had to guess, I'd say it was the early/mid 90's? when "hair metal" was being shown the door and bands like Great White, who could once fill an arena were relegated to small, half-sold nightclubs.

Yea, that place was a haul for me too (I'm in way Northern Jersey, so it was about a 90 minute drive) but at the time there were no other places near me booking "my" kind of bands so I made the trek. I never saw Great White there, but I did see Raven, Anvil, Kix (twice), Savatage, Joan Jett a couple of times, Ace Frehley/Peter Criss' "Bad Boys" tour, Warrior Soul, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting. It was always packed when I went there too. South Jersey is the Home of the Mullet, after all, so '80s metal/rock never died out down that-away. Every time a hair band played there in the '90s, Joe Dirt and his friends were always out in force.

One of my great regrets is not going to see Iron Maiden (!) there when they were on the X FACTOR tour. I was still firmly in the "Blaze Bayley Must Die" camp at that time so even tho a friend invited me to come, I passed. Years later, of course, I wish I hadn't, cuz when I think about it, it would've been pretty damned cool to see Iron freakin' Maiden in a tiny little club like that, regardless of who was on the mic.

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Does anyone have the latest Great White album, "Rising"? I just ordered it from Amazon.com. It's a 2009 release.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Does anyone have the latest Great White album, "Rising"? I just ordered it from Amazon.com. It's a 2009 release.
I have it, and it's really good. I did a short review of it here:

http://www.getcharocksoff.com/2009/05/great-white-rising.html
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Pretty much all of their albums are worth looking into.

You should definitely start with Once Bitten and Twice Shy though. Hooked is okay, but from what I've heard from their catalog, it's the most average of all their releases.

The last three albums you should pick up as well (Can't Get There From Here, Back to the Rhythm, Rising). CGTFH is laid back and mellow, Back to the Rhythm is a great combo of classic GW & modern hard rock and Rising is about as close to a classic GW-sounding album as you're gonna get these days.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Cool! Thanks for the info guys. I'm glad I ordered "Rising". Looking forward to hearing it. I really like the cover art too.

What is your favorite Great White album? 0213gre
Back to top Go down
stars destroy
Metal novice
Metal novice
stars destroy

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Once Bitten for sure. Saw em live a few times. Great live band.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 pm

I'd hafta go with The Beatles White Album. It's great and it's white.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:52 pm

stepcousin wrote:
I'd hafta go with The Beatles White Album. It's great and it's white.

Badump-PISH (rim shot)

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Cool! Thanks for the info guys. I'm glad I ordered "Rising". Looking forward to hearing it. I really like the cover art too.

What is your favorite Great White album? 0213gre

What did you think?

I ordered Psycho City and Sail Away used on Amazon a few days ago. Already got'em in the mail. I didn't know it at the time, but I ended up getting the limited edition of Sail Away with a bonus live disc. headbanger
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:05 am

What is your favorite Great White album? Greatwhite-greatwhitre1

Has always been my favorite one........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Great White album?   What is your favorite Great White album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Great White album?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: