Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 69 Eyes

Go down 
+5
A Handful of Wayne
Smindas
rattpoison
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:08 pm

While looking through Best Buy's CD section a few weeks ago, this band's albums caught my attention. Specifically, the covers of Angels and Devils. They looked pretty cool, but I wasn't sure if it would be something I liked (the albums were calling them Finnish goth metal), but I checked around online and ended up liking their stuff.

I bought both albums today and so far, they're pretty good. The singer is doing a Danzig/Peter Steele thing over goth pop/metal. Really catchy stuff, I like it.

"Perfect Skin" is my favorite song so far:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Probably my favorite goth/rock-metal band!

Pefect Skin is off their last one "Angels" which is my favorite by them. Oddly enough, they started off as a glam band and didn't do that Peter Steele lower register thing much at all.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Their debut Motor City Resurrection is a little cult fave of mine.........incredible scuzzy garage glam sleaze.....like Hanoi Rocks meets the Stooges or New York Dolls meets the Fuzztones!

But then they went all Sisters Of Mercy somewhere around the late 90's.......and i love the Sisters but this was way too HIM for me.

I'm still looking for that single Jyrki did with Claude of legendary Finnish band Smack called "Fellow Reptiles" somewhere around '96 or something.

This 69 Eyes with Claude doing the Smack classic "Run Rabbit Run" which has been covered by Nirvana!.........

And if you don't know who Smack are, click here.........

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/smack-t6239.htm?highlight=smack

I still reckon if they followed their original musical vision you would of been saying things like the Backyard who? Hardcore what?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:00 pm

I have the Maryslim album where Jyrki does The Sister's "This Corrosion".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:50 pm

I bought their album Blessed Be a few months ago and really liked it. I think their self-appointed description of 'goth 'n' roll' sums them up perfectly. I need to look in to Angels and Devils at some point.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Smindas wrote:
I bought their album Blessed Be a few months ago and really liked it. I think their self-appointed description of 'goth 'n' roll' sums them up perfectly. I need to look in to Angels and Devils at some point.

Definitely pick up Angels.

I think it's their most consistent album to date. I have 8 of the tracks off that one on my mp3 player.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 pm

I heard these guys a long time ago and a few months ago I finally broke down and got the Angels/Devils 2 cd set. I havent really listened to it much yet but my favorites song is Never Say Die. I was a little dissappointed with the 2 cd set because theres no booklet or anything. I thought there would be some extras in it but nope just a nice looking book style case and the cds.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I heard these guys a long time ago and a few months ago I finally broke down and got the Angels/Devils 2 cd set. I havent really listened to it much yet but my favorites song is Never Say Die. I was a little dissappointed with the 2 cd set because theres no booklet or anything. I thought there would be some extras in it but nope just a nice looking book style case and the cds.

I repeat, if you are new to the band I suggest picking up "Angels". Most of their earlier releases (after they dumped the glam motif), are sort of "HIM-esque". I think "Angels" is the best 69 Eyes release by light years.

And I have them all, including the glam years.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 pm

BTW,

"Never Say Die" is from the "Angels" disc.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW,

"Never Say Die" is from the "Angels" disc.

Duh lol! I already have Angels and Devils cds. I like them both. Now I gotta work on getting the rest.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:04 am

I was suckered in by the sleazy look and MAJORLY disappointed!!!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:55 am

My wife really likes this band, and chats with the vocalist occasionally on Yahoo.

Not really my personal cuppatea, but they're good for what they do.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 am

Thanks to Toho's comp I really like what I hear. I almost picked it up but was held back by some of the lyrics (I'm torn these days on whether I should pick something up with lyrics I disagree with even when I love the music). I'm still debating on this but I might eventually break down and buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:55 am

What did you find objectionable DB?

I don't remember anything other than a GD or an F bomb here or there.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
What did you find objectionable DB?

I don't remember anything other than a GD or an F bomb here or there.

It was the sexual nature of a particular song (I know, what should I expect from a band with 69 in the title?). It's not anything major but I'm having some issues in my life right now and something as simple as lyrics causes some inner conflict with me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Just curious.

I didn't find anything overtly offensive in their lyrics but we all have our subjective perspectives and I respect that others might have issues with lyrics that I find innoccuous.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:51 am

Cool band. I really dig the vampire looks
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm excited for the new album! Only a few weeks away!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The 69 Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 69 Eyes   The 69 Eyes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 69 Eyes
Page 1 of 1