Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eyes Of Fire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Eyes Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Eyes Of Fire   Eyes Of Fire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:19 am

Any fans of this band here? This is a band that I hang under the flag of Unsung Classic. One of my favorite bands. They sort of straddle the line between doom and sludge. So far they've put out three albums, two full-lengths and one EP. All three are available at CM Distro (https://www.cmdistro.com/clearance.aspx) for $3. The limited version of their latest, Prisons, was a 2CD version, the second CD having a badass 20-minute instrumental track. This version is also $3. Well worth it.

I highly recommend them to anyone into bands like Baroness and...well, I don't listen to many bands like this, so bands like Baroness will have to do. They also formed from the band Mindrot, which I'm unfamiliar with, but some say both bands are similar.

Top video is probably NSFW (no nudity or anything, but close).

http://www.myspace.com/eyesoffire1
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Eyes Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of Fire   Eyes Of Fire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Does this band still exist? For some reason I was thinking they weren't together anymore. I saw them open for Overkill and Prong a couple of years ago. They seem to have more in common with a Neurosis and/or Isis than Baroness.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Eyes Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of Fire   Eyes Of Fire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:34 pm

I have their first album, I need to pull it out again.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Eyes Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of Fire   Eyes Of Fire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:45 pm

i like both them & Baroness. excellent bands.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Eyes Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of Fire   Eyes Of Fire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Yeah I know 2 of the dudes in the band pretty well. The guitarist Dan and bassist Matt used to be in Mindrot back in the early 90's. Eyes of Fire kinda took some of what Mindrot had done in a few senses and you can really hear it in this new band.
Back to top Go down

Eyes Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of Fire   Eyes Of Fire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:39 pm

nevermore wrote:
Does this band still exist? For some reason I was thinking they weren't together anymore. I saw them open for Overkill and Prong a couple of years ago. They seem to have more in common with a Neurosis and/or Isis than Baroness.
They're on "hiatus." But they say they will do a third (full-length) album.

I don't think I've heard Isis, but I know Neurosis far noisier and sloppier than Eyes of Fire. I do think they're similar to Baroness, though, at least on the heavier numbers. Their mellow tracks like "Hopeless" aren't much like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eyes Of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of Fire   Eyes Of Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eyes Of Fire
Page 1 of 1