Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Totally Random Deliverance Question

Go down 
+3
Follower of Jesus
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Totally Random Deliverance Question Empty
PostSubject: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:24 am

I could've sworn that this was answered in a Deliverance thread around here somewhere a while ago, but I can't find it now (or maybe it was at a different message board, I dunno)... so here goes...

Does anyone know where that way-cool spoken-word intro to "Slay The Wicked" comes from? ("For I am a jealous God... and I abhor their abominable practices! Therefore, spare nothing from the sword... NOTHING! *sound of head being chopped off*) Is it a sample from a movie? If so, what movie? Every time I listen to the track I could almost swear that it's being spoken by one-time James Bond portrayer Timothy Dalton!

Just idle curiosity on my part... carry on...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:25 am

From the movie "King David" w/ Richard Gere...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
From the movie "King David" w/ Richard Gere...

That was quick. Laughing Thanx!

"King David" eh? Never heard of it. Gonna have to check that one out sometime. (goes to IMDB.com to get the scoop on it)...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 am

And the intro to the album sounds like Sean Connery.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:35 am

Troublezone wrote:

Yea, I've always thought that too... so that's another question... who's the guy behind that opening voice-over? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yea, I've always thought that too... so that's another question... who's the guy behind that opening voice-over? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Laughing

It's got to be Shhhhawn Connery. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
("For I am a jealous God... and I abhor their abominable practices! Therefore, spare nothing from the sword... NOTHING! *sound of head being chopped off*)

I always thought that sound was a guy whipping the reigns of a horse as he was riding off. That's a head being chopped off?!?! Good grief!

affraid sick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
("For I am a jealous God... and I abhor their abominable practices! Therefore, spare nothing from the sword... NOTHING! *sound of head being chopped off*)

I always thought that sound was a guy whipping the reigns of a horse as he was riding off. That's a head being chopped off?!?! Good grief!

affraid sick

Hahaha, it sure sounds like a sword coming down and someone's melon getting lopped off to me... at least, that's what I always thought it was...though I guess maybe one of these days I should check out this "King David" flick it's taken from to find out for sure.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:43 pm

I always assumed it was an execution. I imagined the head rolling scenerio as well, FF.

Just listened to Weapons today after some time.....amazing, amazing album by any measure. They were Thrash titans!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I always assumed it was an execution. I imagined the head rolling scenerio as well, FF.

Well, after all, the song IS called "Slay The Wicked!"

Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Deliverance   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:17 pm

ok,it seems Deliverance has ripped sabbath horribly. the song "Symptom of the Universe" has the exact same riff from one of thier songs, but i cant remember the song title.
any help ???
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:29 pm

Um... I assume you're talking about the "Symptom of the Universe" riff that they slipped into the middle of "After Forever," which is a cover of another Sabbath song. So how is that "ripping them off horribly?" I'd say it's paying homage.

Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:35 pm

yeah your right. i knew they covered After Forever, but i couldnt remember where that other riff was.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Well, after all, the song IS called "Slay The Wicked!"

My thoughts exactly.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:55 am

SuprimuS wrote:
ok,it seems Deliverance has ripped sabbath horribly.

Who hasn't?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm

That movie sample is indeed from an execution scene...Solomon was beheading someone...
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:02 pm

candlemass wrote:
SuprimuS wrote:
ok,it seems Deliverance has ripped sabbath horribly.

Who hasn't?! Laughing

true that man....
almost every riff you hear now a days u think to yourself havent i heard that before?? Iommi can really put out some music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totally Random Deliverance Question   Totally Random Deliverance Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Totally Random Deliverance Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: