Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)

Go down 
+6
scottmitchell74
Wargod
mr.electric39
Required Fields
kmorg
Shiney
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Empty
PostSubject: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 8:40 am

Ok....

Since a few folks are chomping at the bit to get in on this one....I guess I will handle the reigns again.

I think this is how it will be done this time so Ol' Shiney doesn't muck it up again...

ANYONE interested in partaking in the trade off send me a PM. Put "COMP WAR 4" in the subject box and then your name in the message block. Also if you can list who you have traded with in the past swaps so I don't re hook anyone up...

I think it will be hard fo me to miss anyone this way...as I'll have no extra posts to sift through or overlook....

I'll wait about a week and then match 'em up and post the list.

Sound good?

Last edited by on Thu May 24, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 11:58 am

Yeah, and people need to hurry and write reviews from the 3rd swap

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 1:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
Yeah, and people need to hurry and write reviews from the 3rd swap

Bloody hard to do when you have no idea who sings what on the CDs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 1:50 pm

I sent you a PM, Shiney.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 3:34 pm

Smurf poo! I need to do the reviews of those song!

EDIT: At least make "Smurf" capitalized! lol!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 8:34 pm

I would be interested but what's the details???
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 10:17 pm

Not me this time, never go any reviews from the last 2 I sent out with bands and songs!

I posted reviews for both I got!

Wargod49

NP: Chaosphere - Reign In Chaos
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 5:34 pm

For Mista Electric39:

details: Prety simple.

I get all the names of those interested...put them in a hat and match them in pairs.

Those paired must then contac each other or adresses, then make a mix disc(or two) ad send to each other. It can be all metal..or some of your favorite tunes...whatever YOU like and would like to try and tun others on to.

Once you receive your disc(s)...Listen to them...and then post a review of it on here.

Simple.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 9:49 pm

Sounds like a plan !!! sign me up please..!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Please submit your participaion as the opening post stated...by PMing me. I'm not beig rude, I just do't wana mess this up by missing anyone this time....Smile

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 2:02 pm

PM'd ya.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Shiney, did you get my PM?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:03 am

Required Fields wrote:
Shiney, did you get my PM?

And mine? Cool
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:06 am

I did get both of your messages...

....I think before I do the matching up I will make a post here of all the names I received in via PM and then wait a day or so for any last minute additions or anything....

sound fair?

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:19 am

Very fair. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 7:45 am

What are the details? I'm definitely interested...

(i.e. does the comp I make have to be specifically metal, etc.)

)+(
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 10:53 am

STIGMATADOR wrote:
What are the details? I'm definitely interested...

(i.e. does the comp I make have to be specifically metal, etc.)

)+(

No! We all get paired up, and you but what you want people to hear on your comp. If you wanna shear some polka music, GO FOR IT!! lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:07 pm

When are the names going to be drawn?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 7:48 pm

I hope to do the match ups over the weekend...give it a few more days for people to PM me their names...lots of folks who partook of the earlier swaps have yet to submit....

I'll let you know when I post them..

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:26 pm

OK, thanks for letting me/us know.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:34 pm

you are most cerainly welcome....

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 9:36 am

Ok...here is a list of all the folks who have Pm'ed me for inclusion in the wap....

If your name is NOT on the lst and you wat in...Pm me. I plan to do the matching up over the weekend or early next week.

SIDESHOW DISASTER
SCOTTMITCHELL74
KMORG
LOCKY
SHINEY
SHAWN OF FIRE
SOVDAT
GHOST
MR.ELECTRIC39
STIGMATADOR
REQUIRED FIELDS

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 4:45 pm

I can't wait to start inflicting my tastes on others...

(fiendish grin)

)+(
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 2:23 pm

Okay...I ammended the thread title to reflect the fact that reviews for the swp discs should be posted here....

Hope everyone has fun with this....

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 8:05 pm

Review for Shineys discs :

CD 1

Chainsaw Kittens - 2nd Theme / Flipped out in Singapore

I have one CD belong to this band ("Violent Religion", don't like it) and when this track started I was going "yea I hate these guys" but in fairness it got better after 1.30secs as they kicked in to the second part of the song. nothing to write home about though.

God is Lsd - Hyena

Song 3 can't come quick enough. these guys were signed to Century Media ?

Into Another - Running into Walls

I take the above statement back, roll on song 4 ! Damn it Shiney what are you trying to do to me ? this song is dreadful
and the fecker is 5.31secs long. I'd rather catch me willy in my zipper than have to listen to an album by these guys.

Ironboss - Motherf*cker

Go on Shiney ya good thing, something I like, it's a cool song and not cause the "F" word is in it but the music and vocals are cool. These guys have attitude that's for sure, and with song titles like "Bad Motherf*cker", "Motherf*cker", "F*uck it" and my favourite "Hung like a Horse", who couldn't like 'em

Pure Rubbish - Johnny Attitude

Ahh Poison worship (well I though of "talk dirty to me" when the track kicked off), great stuff indeed (good going Shiney two in a row) alas they are no more, shame really. I liked this track alot.

Roxanne - Coming for you

It's official, Shiney has TASTE ! I wonder is this the first time that two partners have sent a track off of the same album to each other ? I included a different song from this CD on Shiney's comp, I have this CD and it smokes. very enjoyable.

Seraiah - Devastating Daydream

Hard to believe this track is 17 years old, it's still great, and the cover had Ronald McDonald on the cover too (well it looks like him) could never find the self titled album, may search again.

Thought Industry - Third Eye

Never heard of thsse guys before and wont be looking for anything by them in the near future but the song is an enjoyable slab of Progressive Metal, I've heard worse tonight (see tracks 2 & 3)

Tuff Luck - Stranger in the Night

I like this too, nice pace to it, I'd be very interested in picking this CD up but I feel that since it's 20 years old this year that it may cost abit !

Blaze On - I want your love

Another cracker of a song, the vocals and guitar work stand out here.I'd love to hear a faster tempo song by these guys.

Decoy Paris - Take me in the Night

Very good song, vocals remind me of Ralph (Primal Fear, during his Tyran Pace days) & Rob Halford in places, a great '80's feel to this song. Heading to the net now to purchase this for $10 (could you go wrong for $10 ?) Thanks Shiney.

Mirror - Sacred Son

Like the song but not that found of the vocals weak in places but enjoyable, know nothing about these guys, must look into them, they say the Ebay average for their CD is $6 approx, looks like I may shell out on this too.

New Legend - No More Crazy Nightmares

Excellent song, another great record released by BMG in the early '90's. Just bought this CD for .49cent on ebay (buy it now) could you go wrong ? even if it's shite it's only .49cent.

Bashful - Let it Ride

Decent Rock 'n Roll, bloody expensive CD thought, nothing to get overly excited about.

Corum - Flight of Dusk

Some more Progressive Metal, it's not what I'd fancy really, the vocals turn me off this.

Miss Crazy - No Compromise

Another band from the Metal Mayhem stable, I have been meaning to take a gamble on Miss Crazy for awhile now because Metal Mayhem are so good, but I had never heard anything by them until now, definitely a buy sometime soon, cracking song.

Last Cry - City Queen

Another good AOR band from the '90's. it's a shame that they never released a full lenght CD (unless one has been reissued and I don't know about it). Brilliant, certainly the best track on the Comp. CD

Jukebox Zeros - Yeah You

After an shakey start, Shiney is producing the goods at a fast rate
very enjoyable song.

Lazarus - Fit to be Tied

More Hair Metal madness, when I saw the name "Lazarus" I did think Power Metal but what I found was something much better, Kickin guitar work on this track and the Vocals are perfect too, a keeper.

CD 2

Hostage - Who Do you think you are

Better start to this disc than CD 1, I'm seeing a trend here, Shiney likes his Hair/Glam Metal (the Power Metal I sent him should be a shock to the system for him) Gonna have to look for this CD too, it's a great track and will take something special to stop it being the best on the CD

Von Blondies - C'mon, C'mon

Ahh I know this song, it's the main song from the Denis Leary TV programme "Rescue Me" the track is ok, but not to my liking unlike "Rescue Me" which I love.

Cellophane - I'm so glad you came

This I like also, it's very radio friendly and their sound is the exact same a local band here in Wexford, will have to check these guys out.

Greta - Rocking Chair

Don't like this at all.

Rez - The House is on Fire

This is a cool song indeed, the vocals are great. Never heard of these guys before.

Saigon Kick - Ugly

Saigon Kick are a decent rock band in my opinion but they are nothing special, I don't like this song, never did.

Tattoo - Top of the rock

Ahh a great song and band, damn shame they only released one studio album, this song has it all, fast pace music, kiler vocals, a fine slab of Heavy Metal.

Thee Hypnotics - All Messed Up

Ohh I really dislike this song, the band do nothing for me.

Dead End Jane - Dirty Mary Sue

Rock N' Roll executed correctly, nuff said.

Temple of Blood - Conviction

It's ok, noting special, vocals don't do it for me. With a different vocalist I may be interested some more but for now ..... nah.

Dirty Angels - Flash a Go Go

Yeah this is more like it, band are unknown to me though

Naughty Naughty - Getaway

I know nothing about this band, I kept thinking I knew the name but it dawned on me that I was thinking of the band Danger Danger who had a song entitled Naughty Naughty, ahh well this has some good guitar work in it and I must hear more of these guys.

Formicide - Them

Had to be a Thrash Metal band with a name like Formicide, and indeed it is, this is a good song, vocals are clear which I like. Good '80's Thrash Metal worship.

Madd Hunter - The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh

Heard of the band Madd Hatter before but never Madd Hunter, all i can say is I would never have believe this album was out in the last 10 years, sounds behind it's time, well I'm off to buy som Madd Hunter (Damn you Shiney, I'll be broke because of you). Great Song, Love it.

The Slaves - Dominique

Don't like this , the vocals are too depressing for me, there's no sign of life in them at all, and I keep thing of the Blondie song "Atomic" when I listen to this and then David Bowie comes to mind !. weird.

Dog Days - Nikki Sixx u 2 Death

Dirty, Sleezy & Rockin', what else do you want ?

Zane Campbell - Post Mortem Bar

For the love of all that's holy, what the hell is this ????????? well If i'm totally honest, it's better that some tracks (check out tracks 2 & 3 on CD 1) !

Woodbox Gang - God Box Wagon

It's different I'll give you that, where's me Zipper.

Zeros - Loves not fair

Not to my liking at all.

Steven Patrick - So Long Say Goodbye

Ahh we finish the disc on a high note, this is a good melodic song.

Overall thoughts : Some good, some bad and some down right evil (Shiney you should be ashamed of yourself
lol! ) Sure not everyone is gonna like every track on a CD but this is a great way to check out different bands that you may not otherwise get the chance to.

Highlights : Decoy Paris, Mirror, New Legend, Miss Crazy, Madd Hunter, Last Cry, Hostage & Steven Patrick

Lowlifes : God is Lsd, Into Another, Greta & Thee Hypnotics.

Cheers Shiney, due to this CD I already have 3 CDs on order.

Last edited by on Fri May 25, 2007 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)   COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMP SWAP IV (and the reviews)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next