Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin

Go down 
+9
SAHB Healer
Schbopo
jstate
Shiney
rattpoison
Stender
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:17 am

Spec and rattpoison I had never heard of Core and Tumbleweed, very cool bands thanks for the recommendations.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 am

Shiney wrote:
UNBAND is killer and a Shiney fave....

I think I still have this disc, but it never did anything for me. I put it in the trade/sell pile, but I'm not sure if I ever got rid of it.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:27 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
I got Cryptic Slaughters Stream Of Consciousness still sealed in the longbox for 3.99 in a discount bin once.

I was robbed!

Do you still have the longbox?

Yep Smile Im not talking about the one I had traded you though, I found this one abot three months later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Quote :
Yep Im not talking about the one I had traded you though, I found this one abot three months later.

2 in one lifetime?! Man!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:16 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
Yep Im not talking about the one I had traded you though, I found this one abot three months later.

2 in one lifetime?! Man!

Yeah, I was pleasently surprised, even though the album kind sucks. lol!

Do you want the longbox?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Quote :
Do you want the longbox?

Absolutely. And you are right - that album is weak. But it is one that I won't sell [unless really desperate - or there is an inpending re-issue] or trade and is on my wall of fame.

Will pm ya.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:07 pm

I'll post a whole list, just because getting 90's stuff out of the discount bin was one of my most fun experiences ever. Not much metal here per se, but lots of heavy alternatives to Alternative. I got them all for $5 or less. Ranked by favorites.

1. Only Living Witness- Prone Mortal Form
2. Sex Love and Money- Era
3. Mindfunk- Dropped
4. Chum- Dead To The World
5. Black Market Flowers- Bind
6. Karma To Burn- s/t
7. Collision- Course
8. Sugartooth- s/t
9. Only Living Witness- Innocents
10.Bad Seed-s/t
11.Bogeymen- No Such Thing As
12.New Idol Son- Reach
13.Larva- Waiting For Daybreak
14.Muthas Day Out- My Soul Is Wet
15.Kerbdog-s/t
16.Gouds Thumb-s/t
17.Nudeswirl-s/t
18.God Machine-Scenes From The Second Story
19.Gruntruck-Push
20.Mental Hippie Blood- Pounds
21.Tribal Stomp- s/t
22.Greta- No Biting
23.Southfork- Straight Ahead
24.Sweetwater-s/t
25.Supafuzz-s/t
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm

I dug Muthas Day Out out of the discard bin as well. Paid 1.99.

Did they ever put out another album?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I'm told they grew up and joined several different stoner bands, but I've never followed where they went. Might be some good stuff? Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Every home should have those first 2 Collision records, some of the best hard rock/metal of the 90's......

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 pm

I didn't list the Collision or the Mindfunk s/t's because:
A) I payed full price for them
B) They are more traditional HR/Metal than most of what I listed.

Damn fine albums though, both of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:26 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
4. Chum- Dead To The World
5. Black Market Flowers- Bind
8. Sugartooth- s/t
10.Bad Seed-s/t
14.Muthas Day Out- My Soul Is Wet
15.Kerbdog-s/t
17.Nudeswirl-s/t
19.Gruntruck-Push
22.Greta- No Biting
Pretty awesome list, man! All of those above are favorites of mine, especially Bad Seed. I am frickin' shocked you listed that. I have mentioned that band so many times over the years and no one knows them. That album is KILLER!

Did I even tell the story about Mutha's Day Out? I was actually friends with Chuck and Jeff while stationed in Little Rock, even played in a band with them for a bit, and I had no idea they were ever in MDO. Haha. At first, anyway. Crazy-small world.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Yeah, Bad Seed was pretty heavy, stoned, and even doomy. I don't know what happened to most of these bands, I don't think very many of them lasted very long. Too bad. But great cheap thrills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:14 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I'm told they grew up and joined several different stoner bands, but I've never followed where they went. Might be some good stuff? Does anyone know?
No. They never did another album. They have some unreleased tracks on various singles and such, though. I can upload them, if anyone is interested.

As for the rest of the band. Most of them went on to a slew of doom/sludge bands--Rwake, Deadbird, Copsodomy, and some others. Deadbird is awesome. Copsodomy was brilliant, but they never made it beyond the demo/compilation stage. Rwake is also really good, but sometimes a bit too sludgey for me. Then there's a bunch of really underground bands like BUTTorSLOUCH and Crack Sabbath. Another band is Sickshine, who at times were amazing. A very unique singer.

Either way, the members that carried on in music went a far heavier route. Except the singer, who is in a Christian pop band called Gazer. Check out these links:

http://www.myspace.com/deadbird
http://www.myspace.com/copsodomy
http://www.myspace.com/sickshine
http://www.myspace.com/rwake
http://www.myspace.com/gazermusic

For some reason the Copsodomy tracks aren't playing, but there's some shoddy live vidoes. And listen to "Stand Aside To Rot" and "Stupidity Storm" by Sickshine. Two awesome songs. The singer had such a cool voice.

I met Rocky Gray down there, too. First met him at Camelot Music, at the mall, where he worked. He was in a band called Shredded Corpse and Fleshcompressor, and a few others. Then he joined Living Sacrifice. I thought that was a sweet gig. Then he joins Evanescence! Haha. Now THAT was a sweet gig.

Anyway, Little Rock sucked, but I did meet a lot of cool, random people. There were a lot of awesome bands from that scene, believe it or not. Crankbait, Shitfire, Camp Suicide, Seahag. Here's some worthwhile links:

http://www.myspace.com/shitfire
http://www.myspace.com/seahagdoom

Some of the MDO guys now:

Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 L_49ea4c599f60f7efc12922cad338fac3
Jeff (far right)

Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 L_513c6c9b72ae00d0da661fe839effe92
Chuck (second from left)

Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 L_128a4fa320854423bfed76ccaea70117
Mikal (second from left)

Don't expect a Mutha's Day Out reunion any time soon. lol!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:44 pm

The first 3 that come to mind:

Grinspoon - Guide To Better Living

Guano Apes - Proud Like A God

Tree - Downsizing The American Dream

My all time best bargain:

Sun Red Sun (Anthology) 3 discs - 3 bucks!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:09 pm

the sentinel wrote:
The first 3 that come to mind:

Grinspoon - Guide To Better Living

Guano Apes - Proud Like A God

Tree - Downsizing The American Dream
Three more great bands! 🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:55 pm

Last year I went to Montana to visit some folks and ride motorcycles without a helmet. Got the three disc Box of Scorpions for 3 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin   Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Treasures of the Discount Bin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2