Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuck Mojo

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Martin doesnt hurt anything I agree, but Rich has shined when he is all alone. The old saying goes "People work better alone"

I actually slammed the blabbermouthers in the review section as well as Turdman lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:41 am

Quote :
I also feel Mr. Martin should have never joined the band

Rich wanted him in the band. It probably frees him to do more on stage.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
When Stuck Mojo started out it was never the Rich Ward show. It was a band. A damn fine one too. Members came and left because Rich wants the focus to be all on him. Go ask Dan Dryden. Ask Corey Lowery. Ask Bud Fontsere. Any of them will gladly let you know. Bonz does have issues with smoking weed. He'll even admit that. But if it was that much of an issue the band would never have covered Sweet Leaf with Bonz's lyrics. But as far as the new record being good or Southern Born Killers being good they aren't to my ears. But if you dig them that's all that matters.
Okay, I'm going to call BS on this one. Let me clarify first. By me saying it was always the Rich Ward show was simply referring to the fact that he is the creative force behind the band. Meaning that he is irreplaceable, while Bonz was not.

As for your comments, I don't buy it. I've been a fan of this band since the first album, and I have rarely heard any band member--current or former--say one bad word about Rich. Except Bonz, and even his nonsense is vague and full of confusion. Meaning, of course, that he's not being honest.

You don't have to buy my comments. I have been a fan since before their first album when they played Charlotte area clubs like Jeremiah's and The Blowout. Corey has been approached more than once to rejoin and didn't. A friend of mine even asked him (while Corey was in Stereomud) if he would ever work with Stuck Mojo again and he said never.When pressed why he said he couldn't work with a certain guitar player. Dan Dryden gave an interview with Metal Sludge once saying that he couldn't work with Rich again. If Bonz wasn't an integral part of this band the fans wouldn't be so divided over it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:51 am

nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
When Stuck Mojo started out it was never the Rich Ward show. It was a band. A damn fine one too. Members came and left because Rich wants the focus to be all on him. Go ask Dan Dryden. Ask Corey Lowery. Ask Bud Fontsere. Any of them will gladly let you know. Bonz does have issues with smoking weed. He'll even admit that. But if it was that much of an issue the band would never have covered Sweet Leaf with Bonz's lyrics. But as far as the new record being good or Southern Born Killers being good they aren't to my ears. But if you dig them that's all that matters.
Okay, I'm going to call BS on this one. Let me clarify first. By me saying it was always the Rich Ward show was simply referring to the fact that he is the creative force behind the band. Meaning that he is irreplaceable, while Bonz was not.

As for your comments, I don't buy it. I've been a fan of this band since the first album, and I have rarely heard any band member--current or former--say one bad word about Rich. Except Bonz, and even his nonsense is vague and full of confusion. Meaning, of course, that he's not being honest.

You don't have to buy my comments. I have been a fan since before their first album when they played Charlotte area clubs like Jeremiah's and The Blowout. Corey has been approached more than once to rejoin and didn't. A friend of mine even asked him (while Corey was in Stereomud) if he would ever work with Stuck Mojo again and he said never.When pressed why he said he couldn't work with a certain guitar player. Dan Dryden gave an interview with Metal Sludge once saying that he couldn't work with Rich again. If Bonz wasn't an integral part of this band the fans wouldn't be so divided over it.

I wonder how Rich treated those guys for them to never want to return?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Man the song Friends is getting hammered everywhere. I find it really immature to bash bands, when they don't make the cd you want them to make. People need to realize Pigwalk and Snappin Necks will never be made again. Rich has a whole new band.

TGR is a great cd and the bashing it is getting is overwhelming especially because of the song Friends.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:17 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Man the song Friends is getting hammered everywhere. I find it really immature to bash bands, when they don't make the cd you want them to make. People need to realize Pigwalk and Snappin Necks will never be made again. Rich has a whole new band.

TGR is a great cd and the bashing it is getting is overwhelming especially because of the song Friends.

Well the old fans liked the band for a certain sound so they can move on now. Mojo needs a new fan base for their "new" sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Its not a total new sound. I just find it funny the way people can turn on a band. They find the band amazing then POOF the bands sucks? Granted people like what they like, but putting a band down and saying "they should die", or "they should take there instruments away", or "You are not a real metal fan if you listen to this".

Those same people are probably at home listening to the cd, and only say this because its the cool thing to say. Read some of the comments for the video below. I can understand if you don't like a song but degrading a band or song because others do seems sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjgmOBSgtiI
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Well the old fans liked the band for a certain sound so they can move on now. Mojo needs a new fan base for their "new" sound.
Funny. I have a demo of "Friends" with Bonz singing. I imagine fans would be praising the song if he were still in the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Funny. I have a demo of "Friends" with Bonz singing. I imagine fans would be praising the song if he were still in the band.

It would probably be the best thing since Rising.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:57 am

How much different does it sound with Bonz on it? Do you have any more of the new album with Bonz? How does it compare?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Rex wrote:
How much different does it sound with Bonz on it? Do you have any more of the new album with Bonz? How does it compare?
Not very different. Here...

MOJO DEMOS

There's a zip file with the following tracks:

I'm Back
Southern Born Killers
That's When I Burn
Friends
Invincible

All with Bonz on vocals. I like both versions, really. Rich is the star of the band.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Rich is the star of the band.

I totally agree with that. I almost wish he'd just take over vocals too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Rex wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Rich is the star of the band.

I totally agree with that. I almost wish he'd just take over vocals too.

same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2