Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuck Mojo

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:33 am

Blabbermouth gave a sad review for the new one!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:52 pm

I heard it last friday. The cd sucks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:21 am

nevermore wrote:

That's what i heard. Rich needs to get Bonz back and return to the heavy stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:38 am

Why does the new one suck?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:33 am

Well there's one good song called The Fear but the rest is lackluster.

http://www.tower.com/great-revival-stuck-mojo-cd/wapi/112532244
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I agree.

Toho, the cd in spots is closer to Rich's The Duke record. There's even an awful cover of Country Roads. But the songs just aren't good and Lord Nelson doesn't have the distinctive voice Bonz has. The record isn't Stuck Mojo but more like the Rich ward show.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:19 pm

That's too bad. I also read that there's a bunch of filler spoken word tracks.

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Nonsense. The album is a GOOD album. It's just very different. Rich didn't have much time to write and record it, and those are the songs that came out at the time. He was probably in a mindset closer to his solo stuff.

Either way, the Blabbermouth review disgusts me. If I ever meet Keith Turdman, I'm going to punch him in the face. He's a grown man playing to the 12-year-olds with his hateful, dishonest nonsense. He pisses in the face of every real music fan out there. He needs his titties stomped.

That said, it's a very good album. There is a John Denver song on the album, a cover. Did Turdman do any research and find out Rich recorded that as a gift to his mother? His dead mother. Of course not. His review says he expected the band to evolve, and then trashes them for doing so. Pffft!

And the album has been getting GLOWING reviews everywhere else. Blabbermouth is a joke, the TMZ of music.
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:33 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I agree.

Toho, the cd in spots is closer to Rich's The Duke record. There's even an awful cover of Country Roads. But the songs just aren't good and Lord Nelson doesn't have the distinctive voice Bonz has. The record isn't Stuck Mojo but more like the Rich ward show.
It's always been the Rich Ward show. Bonz is overrated as an integral part of this band. So many claim that Declaration of a Headhunter is their best album. Where is Bonz on that one? He's on about 10% of the album.

Bonz may have a cool, unique voice, but the dude has issues. Lord Nelson does a fantastic job. Sure, his voice isn't so unique, but there is still no band out there that sounds like Stuck Mojo. And I'm really not sure how anyone can be so shocked with this album if they heard Southern Born Killers.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Nonsense. The album is a GOOD album. It's just very different. Rich didn't have much time to write and record it, and those are the songs that came out at the time. He was probably in a mindset closer to his solo stuff.

Either way, the Blabbermouth review disgusts me. If I ever meet Keith Turdman, I'm going to punch him in the face. He's a grown man playing to the 12-year-olds with his hateful, dishonest nonsense. He pisses in the face of every real music fan out there. He needs his titties stomped.

That said, it's a very good album. There is a John Denver song on the album, a cover. Did Turdman do any research and find out Rich recorded that as a gift to his mother? His dead mother. Of course not. His review says he expected the band to evolve, and then trashes them for doing so. Pffft!

And the album has been getting GLOWING reviews everywhere else. Blabbermouth is a joke, the TMZ of music.

Sorry, from what i've heard it's a turd. I don't want to hear Rich's new sensitive side, i want Mojo crunch.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:45 am

What I've heard of it I really like, especially the John Denver cover.
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Sorry, from what i've heard it's a turd. I don't want to hear Rich's new sensitive side, i want Mojo crunch.
So listen to the old stuff. The album is good, and if you can't hear a good song for a good song then you're just being stubborn. You don't have to enjoy it, but a good song is a good song.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I agree.

It's always been the Rich Ward show. Bonz is overrated as an integral part of this band. So many claim that Declaration of a Headhunter is their best album. Where is Bonz on that one? He's on about 10% of the album.

Bonz may have a cool, unique voice, but the dude has issues. Lord Nelson does a fantastic job. Sure, his voice isn't so unique, but there is still no band out there that sounds like Stuck Mojo. And I'm really not sure how anyone can be so shocked with this album if they heard Southern Born Killers.

When Stuck Mojo started out it was never the Rich Ward show. It was a band. A damn fine one too. Members came and left because Rich wants the focus to be all on him. Go ask Dan Dryden. Ask Corey Lowery. Ask Bud Fontsere. Any of them will gladly let you know. Bonz does have issues with smoking weed. He'll even admit that. But if it was that much of an issue the band would never have covered Sweet Leaf with Bonz's lyrics. But as far as the new record being good or Southern Born Killers being good they aren't to my ears. But if you dig them that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:06 pm

I have been listening to this cd a lot lately and its killer. The more spins I gave it the more I opened up to it. It has always been the Rich Ward show, its about his riffs and his songwriting. Rich solos cd is amazing too, so I glady welcome that side of him too..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Quote :
So listen to the old stuff.

That's a definite. I am open to new influences to the band like what they did on the bonus tracks from HVY1 but i cannot get into the new vocalist or songs on this one.
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:29 pm

nevermore wrote:
When Stuck Mojo started out it was never the Rich Ward show. It was a band. A damn fine one too. Members came and left because Rich wants the focus to be all on him. Go ask Dan Dryden. Ask Corey Lowery. Ask Bud Fontsere. Any of them will gladly let you know. Bonz does have issues with smoking weed. He'll even admit that. But if it was that much of an issue the band would never have covered Sweet Leaf with Bonz's lyrics. But as far as the new record being good or Southern Born Killers being good they aren't to my ears. But if you dig them that's all that matters.
Okay, I'm going to call BS on this one. Let me clarify first. By me saying it was always the Rich Ward show was simply referring to the fact that he is the creative force behind the band. Meaning that he is irreplaceable, while Bonz was not.

As for your comments, I don't buy it. I've been a fan of this band since the first album, and I have rarely heard any band member--current or former--say one bad word about Rich. Except Bonz, and even his nonsense is vague and full of confusion. Meaning, of course, that he's not being honest.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:08 pm

I just got it off of iTunes (gift card) and man, I think it rules. It doesn't sound like old Mojo, but that doesn't bother me at all. I didn't expect it to though....I read and interview with Rich a while back and he said it would be different.
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:48 pm

My one complaint is that it's way too short. Three interludes is retarded. Take those away and you've almost got an EP. Kind of annoying when Rich initially intended to do a double album, but Napalm wanted the record sooner and wouldn't put up more money. Maybe all the heavy songs were those yet to be finished?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Yeah, I think they could have gotten rid of the first track/intro thing.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Rich has never dissapointed me yet, the man can write and play one heck of a guitar. Only complaint about the new album is the lack of solos and sometimes Lords lyrical input.
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Yeah, Nelson needs to stop saying poopoo and doodoo. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Laughing very hard I just wish fans of Stuck Mojo realize that Rich and his music has matured. I love Snappin Necks and Pigwalk but those days are over. What we have now is a more personal side of Rich IMO..
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:56 pm

I don't think those days are over. Mojo has never put out two albums that sound alike. But the days of heavy Mojo are not over. No way.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't think those days are over. Mojo has never put out two albums that sound alike. But the days of heavy Mojo are not over. No way.

I dont mean the heaviness, i just mean the attitude behind the music itself. Richs trademark riffs are always going to be there. I also feel Mr. Martin should have never joined the band. Rich was always more then capable of doing it alone.
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:18 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I dont mean the heaviness, i just mean the attitude behind the music itself. Richs trademark riffs are always going to be there. I also feel Mr. Martin should have never joined the band. Rich was always more then capable of doing it alone.
You're not that crazy dude--wait, let me finish--that posts all that Mike Martin hate/Rich Ward love on Blabbermouth, right?

As for Rich doing it alone--Martin doesn't hurt anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuck Mojo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo   Stuck Mojo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next