Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting King Diamond interview

Go down 
+7
manny
sam
A Handful of Wayne
skullsmasher
mc666
DeathCult
kmorg
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting King Diamond interview   Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I really don't believe there are any real Satanists out there (with the possibility of Glen Benton, but I even doubt that). King Diamond claims to be an athiest and even the Church Of Satan has admitted this (there was a Discovery Channel special about this several years ago-a Satanic priest stated that they don't believe in God and therefore don't believe in an actual Satan). They believe that men are animals and shouldn't resist their natural instincts. Christianity teaches one to resist temptation and they resent that so they adopt the occultic imagry as a protest and to ruffle our feathers and sadly, we [Christians] take the bait. This underlying athiest belief has caused Glen Benton to reject the Church Of Satan but I suspect this is to keep up his Satanic image.

The other so called Satanists in the black metal community are actually pagans and use the anti-Christian imagry as a protest as well. The church burnings and other stuff is done to intimidate Christians. Each group dislikes/hates Christianity but neither are real Satanists. It's all a gimic and/or image. Maybe there are real Satan worshipers but I doubt it. Who in their right mind would worship a certain character knowing eternal punishment would be their reward?
LeVeyan "satanism" has nothing to do with the actual christian character of satan. it was just named as such, as it's dogma is polar opposite.

actual "devil worship" is an oxymoron.

PostSubject: Re: Interesting King Diamond interview   Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:40 am

mc666 wrote:

LeVeyan "satanism" has nothing to do with the actual christian character of satan. it was just named as such, as it's dogma is polar opposite.

Exactly. The idea is to live life "naturally", without all the Christian-imposed behavioral rules (which tend to go against how we are actually wired).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Interesting King Diamond interview   Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 am

detuned wrote:
And Christians have never intimidated anyone? Might want to read up on the Crusades when you get a chance....

I never said they didn't. I know exactly what Christians did in the past and it is a stain on the history of Christianity, one we have been trying to live down for a long time. As I'm sure as you know, the Christians of today are not killing people because they don't believe (except for a few nutjobs here and there and as a Christian I condem them for it). People should never forget the past but after so many generations, it's time for them to move on but sadly, some people can't let go of the past.

Last edited by DallasBlack on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to rethink my reply.)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Interesting King Diamond interview   Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 am

mc666 wrote:

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Interesting King Diamond interview   Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 am

I have always know that Satanistm and Devil worshipping is two different things. I also agree that there are virually no people actually worshipping Satan (although the Bible does claim that you are either for Him or against Him, you can't be in the middle.) I still say that King used to claim to be one, and a part of the Satanic Church. Now all of a sudden he denies it. I found that funny.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Interesting King Diamond interview   Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:28 am

Well, here is a short interview with him from Geraldo (towards the end of the cluo=, and here he says that he personally is a Satanist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-K_B3Ull3Y&feature=related

PostSubject: Re: Interesting King Diamond interview   Interesting King Diamond interview - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting King Diamond interview
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2