Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do you think of Prong?

Go down 
+16
ultmetal
DallasBlack
manny
Troublezone
Required Fields
mc666
DeathCult
arttieTHE1manparty
SideShowDisaSter
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
fingers
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:
One of my favorites. Scorpio Rising is top notch.
Really? I think that album is largely a big turd. I thought everyone agreed, even the band. Haha.

Scorpio Rising is great imo.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Prong was the first "heavy" band I saw in concert. Have a couple of thier records. Good band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
You pop in every now and then and say the most ridiculous things. Korn and Prong sound nothing alike, nor does Jonathon Davis sound like Tommy Victor.

Listen to Hell Have I on Prove You Wrong and Jon Davis sounds exactly like him and Jon Davis has admitted in interviews that he was influenced by Tommy Victor's voice. Also you misunderstood what I said about KoRn sounding similar to Prong I didn't say that they are exactly the same I just meant they had 1 or 2 similarities listen to Cleansing and first album by KoRn you'll see what I mean. But no KoRn when it comes to the music they were more influenced by RATM, Helmet, Faith No More and Pantera.
Korn also sounds nothing like RATM, Helmet, FNM, or Pantera. All bands have similarities. I still don't think Jonathon Davis sounds like Victor. Not in the slightest.

you wouldn't pick it up anyway since KoRn were one of the first bands to tune their guitars down like 5 to 6 semitones which made their music sound unique back then enough said!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 pm

fingers wrote:

you wouldn't pick it up anyway since KoRn were one of the first bands to tune their guitars down like 5 to 6 semitones which made their music sound unique back then enough said!

Kyuss & Sleep were both tuning down to C before Korn ever came out.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:20 pm

What were CARCASS tuned to? I always thought they were one of the first to tune ultra-low.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
What were CARCASS tuned to? I always thought they were one of the first to tune ultra-low.

Not sure, I don't have any. You can trace it all back to Iommi however, he started tuning down to C# on Master Of Reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Nope, Korn was first. what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 0791
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Nope, Korn was first. what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 0791

Yeah, no doubt.

Okay, I did a little research, Korn tunes to C F Bb Eb G C.

Carcass tunes down another whole step to B.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Korn INVENTED metal y'know. They're the ones who introduced the Abbott brothers to Metallica. If it weren't for Korn, then Pantera never would've become a thrash band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 pm

If you guys don't stop it, I'm taking my black baggy pants with a bunch of zippers and my hula hoop home.
what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Goth_loves_the_hula_hoop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you think of Prong?   what do you think of Prong? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do you think of Prong?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2