Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"

Go down 
+15
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Troublezone
EvyMetal
kmorg
MetalGuy71
sovdat
A Handful of Wayne
Stender
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
manny
Gilbert
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 am

I'd go as far as to say that "Refuge Denied" is the best piece of work Warrel Dane has ever done.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:05 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I'd go as far as to say that "Refuge Denied" is the best piece of work Warrel Dane has ever done.

I'd go ao far to say "No it isn't". In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_razz

I'm a Nevermore fan-boy. While I like the Sanctuary stuff, I think Nevermore has more depth and feeling. But hey, that just one ass hat's opinion.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:21 am

Nevermore are kinda hit-and-miss with me. I really dig some of their CDs while others are just "meh."

Both a'them Sanctuary discs womp booty though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

I agree with ya.While I like Nevermore,I prefer him in the Sanctuary days.Both those albums are Great.Good to see them getting a re-release.
I searched forever for a copy of Refuge Denied at a reasonable price.It became my Holy Grail for a long time.I finally found a copy on Ebay one day for 12.99.Score!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Apparently these discs are going to be reissued as a double cd album very soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Rex wrote:
Apparently these discs are going to be reissued as a double cd album very soon.

Really? Where did you hear that? In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:26 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Refuge-Denied-Into-Mirror-Black/dp/B0032BVEQS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1263484170&sr=1-2

Was it mentioned already? I didn't read the thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Yeah, I bumped the thread with that news.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 pm

my bad Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:51 am

Shadow Kingdom Records will also be releasing a Serpent's Knight (Dane's band before Sanctuary) compilation disc soon. Never was a big fan of Nevermore, but Sanctuary are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 pm

I've never heard Serpent's Knight. What were they like?
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19226

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:36 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I've never heard Serpent's Knight. What were they like?
Kind of Sanctuary-ish, but more raw. They even did a cover of "White Rabbit" as well. You can find some stuff on Youtube. They even had a website at one time, but I think they may have shut it down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:17 am

I have the Serpent Knight stuff in mp3-format. Pretty raw stuff, yeah!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:03 am

I need to get the Serpent's Knight stuff! Cool they are re-releasing it!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 am

I like everything I've heard from Warrel Dane.Never heard of Serpent's Knight before but that sounds very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2023 5:42 pm

I just noticed Dave Mustaine produced this record !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2