Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"

Go down 
+15
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Troublezone
EvyMetal
kmorg
MetalGuy71
sovdat
A Handful of Wayne
Stender
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
manny
Gilbert
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Empty
PostSubject: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:25 am

Help me out! Desperatly seeking "refuge denied" by Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:27 am

Here it is at Amazon for $33

http://www.amazon.com/Refuge-Denied-Sanctuary/dp/B0000026D0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1231172800&sr=1-3
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:42 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/SANCTUARY-refuge-denied-88-ORG-EPIC-1st-press-80s-METAL_W0QQitemZ350146783818QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item350146783818&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I dont know what itll end for, but Ive bought from this guy before, he's a good seller.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:04 pm

$33? Holy crap. I found it in a used bin for $6.99 only two years ago. Best $6.99 I ever spent too 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:05 pm

Cant help you, but that band rules!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:22 pm

You can buy the Nice Price version for like $8.99 brand new. Or is that the other one?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You can buy the Nice Price version for like $8.99 brand new. Or is that the other one?

Thats Into The Mirror Black, dont think Refuge Denied ever got a nice price release.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:36 pm

I got one but you cant have it Razz neener neener

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Thats Into The Mirror Black, dont think Refuge Denied ever got a nice price release.
Yeah, I think you're right.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:09 pm

I dunno...I could almost swear that my REFUGE DENIED was a Nice Price disc too but I'd have to go home and look at the disc to be sure.

I know my INTO THE MIRROR BLACK has a Nice Price sticker on it... I found it at Best Buy (of all places) a couple of years ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:53 pm

... wasn't there a new rule about minimum number of posts you have to have in order to post here? Wink
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:36 pm

sovdat wrote:
... wasn't there a new rule about minimum number of posts you have to have in order to post here? Wink

He hasnt tryed to sell anything yet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 pm

I've purchased this disc twice, once new and once used. The first time I got it years ago, for $11 or 12 bucks at a record expo, didn't like it and sold it off. Then when I got into Nevermore, I went back and found it again for $6 or $7. Didn't know that it's a rareity these days. $33? Yow-za!

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:16 pm

For the budget-conscious, Amazon has the mp3 version of the album for sale for $8.99.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've purchased this disc twice, once new and once used. The first time I got it years ago, for $11 or 12 bucks at a record expo, didn't like it and sold it off. Then when I got into Nevermore, I went back and found it again for $6 or $7. Didn't know that it's a rareity these days. $33? Yow-za!

Nevermore's popularity has to be the reason for the price.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Stender wrote:
sovdat wrote:

Good call, sovdat. I'll let this post fly, but don't post any trade or sell lists before we get to know you more.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
$33? Holy crap. I found it in a used bin for $6.99 only two years ago. Best $6.99 I ever spent too 🤘

That's where I found my copy too. A used CD store for about the same price.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:48 am

kmorg wrote:
Stender wrote:
sovdat wrote:

Good call, sovdat. I'll let this post fly, but don't post any trade or sell lists before we get to know you more.

Yeah, I had just assumed he was looking on advice where to get the album don\'t know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:13 pm

SANCTUARY's Classic Albums To Be Reissued On Single CD - Jan. 13, 2010

On March 8, Ironbird via Cherry Red Records will reissue SANCTUARY's first two albums — 1987's "Refuge Denied", produced by Dave Mustaine of MEGADETH; and 1990's "Into The Mirror Black", produced by Howard Benson — on a single CD.

"Refuge Denied" contains a great version of JEFFERSON AIRPLANE's "White Rabbit". "Into The Mirror Black", SANCTUARY's second and final album, is an overlooked masterpiece, blurring the lines between technical, Bay Area-style thrash, traditional heavy metal and European power metal.

Singer Warrel Dane and bassist Jim Sheppard went on to extend SANCTUARY's ambition and songwriting sensibilities into the superb NEVERMORE.

In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Sancreissue
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Neat-O. Wonder if there'll be any bonus tracks? The ultra-mega-rare INTO THE MIRROR LIVE EP, perchance?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Neat-O. Wonder if there'll be any bonus tracks? The ultra-mega-rare INTO THE MIRROR LIVE EP, perchance?

That would probably be the only reason I'd get this. Judging by that press release though, I'm thinking it's a bare-bones, as- is release. Doesn't say anything about remixing, remastering or bonus material. Either it's too soon to say or the Cherry Red Record intern that typed up that release hasn't properly learned how to whet people's appetites for re-issues.

I'll stick to my original copies.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:55 pm

I doubt they will be remastered...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 pm

I have the vinyl for both, cd version would be sweet.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:06 pm

I have "Into the Mirror Black", but need to get "Refuge Denied". Had it on cassette way back in the day. Great album.

So this is a no-brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19226

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Sweet. I have Refuge Denied on tape and I've been wanting to get Into the Mirror Black for sometime. Refuge is an all time favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"   In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In search of Sanctuary's "refuge denied"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next