Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09

Go down 
+6
Selvmord
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
BillRoxx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Empty
PostSubject: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:35 pm

I think it's about time Ticketmaster got some healthy competition... Thoughts???

Starting January 1, 2009, all tickets for concerts and events produced by Live Nation and presented at Live Nation Venues will be available for online purchase exclusively through LiveNation.com.
Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Headerdivider
View Participating Live Nation Venues

You can also buy your tickets via venue box offices*, participating Blockbuster stores, and Live Nation ticketing phone numbers. Please visit LiveNation.com to learn about upcoming show information for your favorite artists!

Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Bah. I still like Ticketmaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Who cares? They're both overpriced.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Who cares? They're both overpriced.

LOL - how true. The "service" fees are outlandish. They both suck
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:08 pm

I usually don't bother with either because I either rely on the box office, pay at the door, or get in free here in Vegas. If I have to travel then I'd rely on Tickemaster or Live Nation, but very seldom.

The price of tickets these days is beyond a rip off and I agree the service charges are horrible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:18 pm

I go to concerts so seldom these days that it doesn't really make a difference to me. Ticketmaster, LiveNation, one is just as bad as the other.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:33 pm

TicketWeb. The only way to go....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:02 pm

I don't do either, most concerts with bands I want to see are at Ridglea Theater and they use a different ticket company. I used to use Ticketmaster for my first few concerts and only used LiveNation for the Masters Of Metal show.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:17 pm

I thought Live Nation wasn't doing many of those "service" fees? I read in Rolling Stone one of the execs for Live Nation was bashing Ticketmaster for all their extra fees and said it was something they were looking to trim when they start up.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:37 pm

its all just corporate ox manour
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:42 pm

sam wrote:
its all just corporate ox manour

Yup! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09   Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live Nation vs Ticketmaster - The ticket wars begin 01-01-09
Page 1 of 1