Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverence: Where to begin?

Go down 
+12
MetallicSeminarian
nevermore
chewie
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Infinite
ultmetal
muckie
16 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Deliverence: Where to begin? Empty
PostSubject: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm curious about this band and want to know what album to start with. Maybe a compilation, even?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:19 pm

I'd go with the first self-titled album or Weapons of our Warfare. Classic speed metal.

Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:25 pm

YouTube is your friend. You can sample all the albums there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Quote :
Maybe a compilation, even?

For some reason I imagined this being spoken by Dr. Zoidberg from "Futurama." He always sez "...even?" at the end of his sentences. Laughing

But seriously....

ultmetal wrote:
I'd go with the first self-titled album or Weapons of our Warfare. Classic speed metal.

^^ What he said.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Maybe a compilation, even?

For some reason I imagined this being spoken by Dr. Zoidberg from "Futurama." He always sez "...even?" at the end of his sentences. Laughing

But seriously....

ultmetal wrote:

^^ What he said.

Yep
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Start with Weapons for their speed metal sound then get Stay of Execution as they changed it up on that one but it's excellent. After that, they are hit and miss for me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:35 pm

"Weapons of our Warfare"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Lol Zoidberg.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 1:44 am

ultmetal wrote:

This
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 11:05 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

This

Another vote for this one!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:

And another vote for this.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Weapons, followed by Stay of Execution. I like a lot of stuff outside of those, but those 2 are the essentials. I'm not as big on the debut as most. Way too samey throughout.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:03 pm

nevermore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

And another...just start from the beginning, and you'll have an experience as close to organic as those of us who were lucky to begin that way. GREAT band.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:03 pm

nevermore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

And another...just start from the beginning, and you'll have an experience as close to organic as those of us who were lucky to begin that way. GREAT band.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Yeah, forget Youtube. Chronological order.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:33 am

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:43 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Start with Weapons for their speed metal sound then get Stay of Execution as they changed it up on that one but it's excellent. After that, they are hit and miss for me.

Same here.

Weapons and Stay of Execution are the only 2 that I've kept over the years. A few other discs I've had and stuff I've heard over the years has been too spotty for me to care much about.

Aside from those 2 (and maybe their s/t debut) I'd recommend checking stuff out on-line first and see what grabs you.

PostSubject: Re: Deliverence: Where to begin?   Deliverence: Where to begin? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverence: Where to begin?
Page 1 of 1