Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year

Go down 
+15
arttieTHE1manparty
Lari
sam
Gilbert
Ben Grimm
DallasBlack
Sabbath In Solitude
Temple of Blood
skullsmasher
SideShowDisaSter
powermacho
Rex
manny
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:05 am

I get it now, his first solo album, "Play My Game," is dropping sometime in May of 2009. I kinda thought that Beyond Fear was considered his band, a band where he was considered to be the band-leader. But, you're telling us that all those big name musicians are coming together to lay down tracks for a Tim 'Ripper' Owens exclusive release. . . He's got to be in his glory, this guy. Got hisself a real late start in the industry, prolly thinkin' that he had no real shot at super stardom, and them, blazoomy! The guy is off to the races, and he becomes the most sought-after, 'in-demand' metal vocalist in the bidnitz. But, I don't know if we can truly consider that the bloke has really made it until he gets hisself a vocal spot on the next Ayreon album. If Arjen Lucassen writes a part for ya, then ya know you've made it. Well, I'm psyched to hear anything that the guy conjures up. His voice is pure power. And, he has some real talent as a writer, as the Beyond Fear release attests to. I'd really like to see him back in Iced Earth though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:26 am

I think you have better chances of John Bonham being risen from the grave than seeing Tim 'Ripper' Owens back in Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

What happened there? I know that Matt Barlow is Schaffer's brother-in-law. And, he's just naturally going to get the nod over Owens. But, something had to happen for Schaffer to switch vocalists in the middle of a project. And, I know nothing about the nitty gritty. So, What happened?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:14 am

The album will have Owens, Caffery and Aldrich. Enough to sell it to me.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 pm

I'll give this a listen for sure.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Quote :
What happened there? I know that Matt Barlow is Schaffer's brother-in-law. And, he's just naturally going to get the nod over Owens. But, something had to happen for Schaffer to switch vocalists in the middle of a project. And, I know nothing about the nitty gritty. So, What happened?

John prefers Matt over any other singer and I think once the opportunity presented itself he went for it. Tim was a gun for hire.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
By the way, i read in metalhammer's latest issue that owens teamed up with andreas kisser, dave ellefson and jimmy degrasso under a band named "hail". They had some live performances in CHILI, during which they played some cover songs of maiden, sabbath, ac/dc and metallica, as well as a set of songs of their own.

Could that be the beginning of a new band??

I would love to hear a bootleg of one of those shows. (I believe the name of the project was "HAIL!") I doubt it's going to become a new ongoing band, but I'm sure those were fun shows to see. That's one hell of an all star metal jam! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Marc Mason wrote:

My inner cynic suspects that the European fan base, which is where Iced Earth's bread and butter resides, never really took to Owens as the I.E. vocalist...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Owens is so talented. He just can't seem to settle anywhere he goes...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:38 pm

This definately interests me. I love most of his work.

Why didn't Beyond Fear work out? I love that album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My inner cynic suspects that the European fan base, which is where Iced Earth's bread and butter resides, never really took to Owens as the I.E. vocalist...

I'm not sure if their problem lie soley with Owens, but I do know the European fan base hated the patriotic theme of The Glorious Burden.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm not sure if their problem lie soley with Owens, but I do know the European fan base hated the patriotic theme of The Glorious Burden.

Because it was "show-it-down-your-throat" version of said patriotic theme.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Zdan wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Because it was "show-it-down-your-throat" version of said patriotic theme.

I didn't get that but again, I'm not European. I see lyrics of The Glorious Burden as mostly history based. Nothing said in the songs were not uttered by the founders of the US themselves. It was done from John's fondness for American history and not at all meant to be shoved down anyone's throat. If your refering to When The Eagle Cries, the only throats I hear it being shoved down is those who wish to cause America harm. Again though, I am an American and I have no idea what it's like to be European.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:59 am

What was up with the Yngwie release with Owens on it? Any good? After I heard Beyond Fear, now I want more. I heard that he did one release with an outfit named, Winter's Bane. What's that one all about?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:51 am

Marc Mason wrote:
What was up with the Yngwie release with Owens on it? Any good? After I heard Beyond Fear, now I want more. I heard that he did one release with an outfit named, Winter's Bane. What's that one all about?

All I can say is CHECK THEM OUT NOW!! - The debut Winters Bane release, "Heart of the Killer" annihilates!! Buy that album, otherwise you are really missing out!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:42 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
All I can say is CHECK THEM OUT NOW!! - The debut Winters Bane release, "Heart of the Killer" annihilates!! Buy that album, otherwise you are really missing out!!

Agreed! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Unfortunately Winters Bane is out of print and goes for $30 or more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:40 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:

Not on Soulseek it doesn't. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Really? You have an address?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:32 am

I'm lovin' on that Beyond Fear record. And, now I'm 'bout to give some 'tention to the latest Yngwie Malmstein (such a good Jewish boy) record with Tim 'Ripper' Owens behind the mic. That is the Perpetual Flame record, kids. Anyone have this one? Would you care to say a word or two on its behalf?

Try to think of another group that The Rip could benefit at this juncture. Iced Earth seemed like a no-brainer. Even better of a fit than him walking into Judas Priest...By the way, what did ya'll think of the two IE albums and one EP with Rip there?

I rabsorutely loved The Glorious Burden and the re-cording of the Something Wicked Trilogy on the EP. I wanna say that I loved Framing Armageddon as well, but.....ah, phug it, ming, it costs nothin'. I wanna say it, so I will. I loved Framing Armageddon too! It was a hugely ambitious project and that frakkin' Jon Schaffer pulled it off admirably. He's a huge, huge mind stacked inside of an abnormally small body. I think he's only 4' 7" at last tally.

The only thing that really has let me down since their upward trajectory and maintenance of an extremely high level or craft, beginning back on Something Wicked for me, is this last project, Crucible of Man. I think that Schaffer probably spread hisself thin, trying to write a sequel and third part for Something Wicked, all in a very short time frame.

The good thing about Crucible is that, although the thing starts off slow and has some unmemorable tracks at its start, the album actually does get much better as it moves into the middle section and the finale. Anyway ya stack it, the IE albums with Owens are winners.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:09 am

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:

I think it's on either Amazon.com or Itunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:31 am

WORST.....COVER.....EVER....It looks like a bad video game ad. Terrible.

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 3359222657_f5e34f9abd_o
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:11 am

That's an odd cover for sure but not the worst in my opinion. The "Not Free" thing in the corner is funny though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:07 am

SpectreFate wrote:
WORST.....COVER.....EVER....It looks like a bad video game ad. Terrible.

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 3359222657_f5e34f9abd_o

Yea, the 1st thing that came to mind was Grand Theft Auto. Or that weird movie A Scanner Darkly or something like that. It's no The Devil You Know. That's for certain.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
What was up with the Yngwie release with Owens on it? Any good?

I am playing the new Yngwie right now and I have to say this is some of the best Malmsteen has ever put out, and it has MUCH to do with Ripper. Worth getting IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next