Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year

Go down 
+15
arttieTHE1manparty
Lari
sam
Gilbert
Ben Grimm
DallasBlack
Sabbath In Solitude
Temple of Blood
skullsmasher
SideShowDisaSter
powermacho
Rex
manny
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Empty
PostSubject: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:56 pm

I e-mailed Ripper the other day, and he just replied tonight. He's a cool guy, giving out his personal e-mail addresse to the public. He wrote that his new solo disc will be released early next year. I am certainly looking forward 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Another silly move on his part. This dude doesn't follow his heart at all. This was a record company demand (i.e. "encouragement").
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Why is he not with Beyond Fear? Or is it the same band with his name? In that case, that's bullsh!t
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Yea, I don't understand why it has to be a "solo" disc. Wasn't Beyond Fear his "solo" project? Even if he has different musicians, it's still his band, right?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:14 am

More details:

Follwing his awesome vocal performance on the most recent Yngwie Malmsteen album, "Perpetual Flame," American metal vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (Beyond Fear, ex-Judas Priest, ex-Iced Earth) is set to surprise the public with the release of his first solo album, "Play My Game," in May 2009. The CD consists of a dozen or so brand-new tracks that Owens composed himself or together with renowned friends, such as Bob Kulick, Chris Caffery (Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra), Mike Callahan (ex-Earshot) and John Comprix (Beyond Fear, Ringworm).
The list of guest musicians featured on Owens solo album is even more spectacular: along with Bob Kulick and Chris Caffery and the others, he was supported by the guitarists Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake), Michael Wilton (Queensryche), Jeff Loomis (Nevermore), Steve Stevens (Billy Idol), bassists Marco Mendoza (ex-Whitesnake), Billy Sheehan (Mr Big, ex-David Lee Roth), Dave Ellefson (ex-Megadeth), Rudy Sarzo (Dio, ex-Ozzy Osbourne, ex-Quiet Riot), James Lomenzo (Megadeth), Tony Franklin (ex-Blue Murder), Dennis Hayes (Beyond Fear) and drummers Simon Wright (ex-AC/DC, Dio), Vinny Appice (Heaven & Hell), Ray Luzier (Korn), Bobby Jarzombek (Riot, ex-Halford), and Brett Chassen. Fans and experts alike will love this sensational all-star line-up and may rest assured that the haunting songs will effortlessly live up to this illustrious cast of musicians: Tim Ripper Owens has never sounded more impressive, melodic and multi-faceted!
"I've gotten better as a songwriter," Owens explains. "And I also write songs that the fans can really get into and get their fist pounding in the air. I’ve always been a great fan of the Black Sabbath line-up featuring Ronnie James Dio, and I love Judas Priest. Both bands delivered records that are straight forward and go directly to the bloodstream – which also happens to be my compositional approach."
Release Dates for "Play My Game" on Steamhammer / SPV:
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:32 am

I'm looking forward to this one!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:02 am

Rex wrote:
I'm looking forward to this one!

Same here. I like this guy and I'll be picking this one up.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 am

I'm really excited about this. I have loved anything Owens has ever put his voice to (although I still have yet to hear "Perpetual Flame") and I have my hopes high for this disc. RIPPER RULES!! 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 am

This guy needed to built his own band and write his own music, I hope that he makes great music, since he has a great opportunity to record
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Me n the wanker saw Beyond Fear [apparently a rare event] a couple years ago. Ripper was unbelievable!! We saw Queensryche the night before. So, that was the best weekend I have ever had, as far as vocalists go.

If Tim ever got together with Jeff Waters, that would be a Beautiful Disaster for sure!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:57 pm

I saw Ripper Owens last year singing with Yngwie Malmsteen and I have to say the guy is incredible live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm really excited and you have to hear what he does with Malmsteen. He almost outshines Yngwie's guitar work.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:32 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
If Tim ever got together with Jeff Waters, that would be a Beautiful Disaster for sure!!!

Now THERE is an idea; kick what's his name out of Annihilator and put Ripper in. That might actually be pretty cool...

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:36 pm

This guy is really good. I would love to hear his new album. He has always been in someone else's shoes and that really isn't fair, the guy is phenomenal. Really looking forward to hearing this and possibly seeing him live someday.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:39 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Now THERE is an idea; kick what's his name out of Annihilator and put Ripper in. That might actually be pretty cool...

Let's put Gene Hoglan on drums and Doug Keyser from WATCHTOWER on bass while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Cool This does sound cool,this is what he needs to be doing,sounds like he is focusing on what he does best ,and getting a few friends to help with it.

Also sounds like he actually knows what most metal fans want, Shocked if he stays in the Dio-Sabbath (a shame he couldn't have got the legend himself on a track) and Judas Priest vein, it should be one of the best of the year,will be seeking out this one
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Let's put Gene Hoglan on drums and Doug Keyser from WATCHTOWER on bass while we're at it.

I was thinking more along the lines of DiGiorgio on bass, but if you HAVE to have Keyser I guess I can live with that...

lol!

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:06 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of DiGiorgio on bass, but if you HAVE to have Keyser I guess I can live with that...

lol!

I can live with that too! But do you know how cluttered that album would be Drum fills on top of guitar solos on top of funky basslines on top of Ripper's stellar vox. A guy would need 8 ears to listen to it! haha
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:18 pm

I've liked everything I've heard from Ripper so far (Jugulator, Glorious Burden, Crucible Of Man, and Perpetual Flame) so I look forward to hearing this.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:07 pm

This will be cool!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:34 am

This guy is so talented. I just don't know why he doesn't settle in a band: priest, iced earth, winter's bane, beyond fear, yngwie, hail...Weird.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:42 am

By the way, i read in metalhammer's latest issue that owens teamed up with andreas kisser, dave ellefson and jimmy degrasso under a band named "hail". They had some live performances in CHILI, during which they played some cover songs of maiden, sabbath, ac/dc and metallica, as well as a set of songs of their own.

Could that be the beginning of a new band??
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:21 am

Gilbert wrote:
By the way, i read in metalhammer's latest issue that owens teamed up with andreas kisser, dave ellefson and jimmy degrasso under a band named "hail". They had some live performances in CHILI, during which they played some cover songs of maiden, sabbath, ac/dc and metallica, as well as a set of songs of their own.

Could that be the beginning of a new band??

I don't think so. I think they just formed the act for fun and to pay tribute to their heroes. Ripper singing Metallica songs? Now that's interesting
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:46 am

Gilbert wrote:
This guy is so talented. I just don't know why he doesn't settle in a band: priest, iced earth, winter's bane, beyond fear, yngwie, hail...Weird.
I have wondered myself why he can't seem to settle in a band he had a good run in Iced Earth, but they dropped him like a bad habit. I wonder if he is hard to work with?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I have wondered myself why he can't seem to settle in a band he had a good run in Iced Earth, but they dropped him like a bad habit. I wonder if he is hard to work with?

most of the old fans were still stuck on matt barlow and wanted him back in the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year   "Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Ripper" Solo CD to be released early next year
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next