Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away

Go down 
+7
Required Fields
nevermore
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
Leatherface
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:09 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/dr-death-steve-williams-passes-away-last-night-93507

Wrestling legend Dr. Death passed away recently. R.I.P

Last edited by DallasBlack on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Tried to delete this but my internet didn't want to function properly and it's too late.

Last edited by DallasBlack on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_cry I thought he was cool. Good old school style. Great theme music too. RIP..
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 am

I thought we could at least finish the year without another wrestler dying too soon. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:09 am

R.I.P! I can't believe it so many death so soon Sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:17 am

I used to like him. I remember when he was in The Varsity Club with Rick Steiner.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

tohostudios wrote:
I used to like him. I remember when he was in The Varsity Club with Rick Steiner.

Yeah, Dr. Death with the Oklahoma gear, and Rick Steiner with the Michigan gear. The good old days of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
The good old days of wrestling.

You mean before the circus it has become? I still watch it out of habit but Pro Wrestling is lacking the interest old school used to have. Sadly, with personality over performance a great athlete like Dr. Death would be relegated to lower card status (just look at Sheldon Benjamin and Charlie Haas).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:05 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:12 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

You mean before the circus it has become? I still watch it out of habit but Pro Wrestling is lacking the interest old school used to have. Sadly, with personality over performance a great athlete like Dr. Death would be relegated to lower card status (just look at Sheldon Benjamin and Charlie Haas).

I only watch it out of habit too but I sure miss the days when storylines trumped personality. I also don't like the "PG" direction WWE has gone. I remember the days when ECW had their own prime time show and it was simply great. Logical feuds that lasted more than a month and culminated in some kind of special stipulation match that inevitably included blading.

On the hopeful side, there are rumors that Paul Heyman may be recruited to TNA as a writer. That man is a genius when it comes to creating pro wrestling storylines. Who else could have made a 90 lb weakling like Spike Dudley into a star?

I really think Heyman as creative could give TNA a huge edge over the haphazard writing in WWE these days.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Another day, another dead wrestler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:43 pm

yah, it's a bummer,I never seen too many of his matches (I have one great one on a UWF vhs comp he's against "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorf.

I still watch wrestling.
Don't like RAW much, ECW and Superstars is great, Smackdown is better than RAW, and TNA has the feel of original ECW. I love TNA, and another smaller promotion which has great,great wrestling ROH - Ring Of Honour.

Though with Hogan and Eric Bischoff now making changes in TNA, I'm afraid they will ruin one of my fave shows and bury it like they did to WCW.
They already have been telling Vince Russo what to do, and he was the one since he joined has turned TNA around and made it a much better show.... so much for that now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Vince Russo is also the idiot who killed WCW. He's the brains behind putting the world championship on a Hollywood actor.

Russo is OK as a booker as long as he has someone around to reign in his whackier ideas. I'd really like to see Paul Heyman write for TNA.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I only watch it out of habit too but I sure miss the days when storylines trumped personality. I also don't like the "PG" direction WWE has gone. I remember the days when ECW had their own prime time show and it was simply great. Logical feuds that lasted more than a month and culminated in some kind of special stipulation match that inevitably included blading.

On the hopeful side, there are rumors that Paul Heyman may be recruited to TNA as a writer. That man is a genius when it comes to creating pro wrestling storylines. Who else could have made a 90 lb weakling like Spike Dudley into a star?

I really think Heyman as creative could give TNA a huge edge over the haphazard writing in WWE these days.

The PG thing is utterly ubsurd. To have an entire PPV of table, ladder, and chairs matches without blood is just unreal. Yeah, you have to suspend your disbelief to be a wrestling fan but that goes to ridiculous levels. If you get hit in the head with a chair you're going to bleed.

Russo, Bischoff, and Hogan all on TNA does not give me any added incentive to watch it (though Hogan and Russo hate each other's guts). The heart of TNA is people like Daniels, Joe, & Styles and those are the kind of people that Hogan usually holds down (he loves muscle and looks over talent-Joe is big but doesn't fit the mold). Good news for Abyss, Nash, and Morgan but smaller guys (if the past teaches us anything) could be held back. Paul would be a good addition but he could be pushed out the way Cornette was. I'll keep myself informed on TNA and if it looks like it won't go in that direction, I will try to find the time to watch it but I won't hold my breath.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 7:43 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yeah, Dr. Death with the Oklahoma gear, and Rick Steiner with the Michigan gear. The good old days of wrestling.

Wow!!! I thought I imagined that or something. RIP, good sir.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:59 pm

R.I.P. Dr. Death. The Matches he had with Mike Rotunda were always great. I seem to watch wrestling out of habit nowadays but back then there were some good matches.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:54 pm

One of Dr. Death's closest friend and WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross comments on his death:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/jim-ross-blog-comments-on-death-of-steve-williams-93597
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:27 pm

akeldama wrote:
R.I.P. Dr. Death. The Matches he had with Mike Rotunda were always great. I seem to watch wrestling out of habit nowadays but back then there were some good matches.

Widham and Rotundo vs. Volkoff and Sheik were always good back in the day. On a somewhat related note, Hogan is coming back to wrestling on TNA tonite. I am watching the TCU/ BSU Bowl game but I may surf a bit and just see what kind of reception he gets. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:24 pm

I'm taping the TNA special. I used to watch TNA simi regularly a while back but the only wrestling I watch lately is Monday Night Raw but I want to keep an eye on TNA and see whether it will be able to rival WWE or just offer the same ol' status quo. There is a rumor that Hogan might bring back the NWO because he has his five o' clock shadow dyed black and Nash, Hall, and Sean Waltman will all be there. I sure as hell hope not, NWO worked as well as it did because it was at the right place at the right time and it was something new. Now it is something we've seen before and bringing it back would be a stupid idea IMO.

BTW Hogan and Bichoff are trying to get TNA to stop the six sided ring thing and go to a traditional wrestling ring.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:28 pm

TNA was pretty good I DVR'd WWE & watched TNA, it was cool to see the Nasty Boyz.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Who's in the Nasty Boyz these days? Didn't one of them die a few years back?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 pm

akeldama wrote:
TNA was pretty good I DVR'd WWE & watched TNA, it was cool to see the Nasty Boyz.

Oh' they were there huh? I put the satellite on the wrong channel and taped the weather channel instead. I'm going to wait for Impact to be re-aired Thursday to find out what happened. So please refrain from revealing anything else from TNA unless you use the spoiler function.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Another of my childhood favorites dies too young. What I loved about him was how legit he was. I assume people like him go into MMA these days instead of pro wrestling. One of the most incredible things I ever saw in going to live shows was him military-pressing Dick Murdoch and then doing reps. Of course he did this after doing the same thing to the much smaller Eddie Gilbert. Scary kind of strength.

I'll also remember him for the fact that in my soccer playing days I stole that run in place and turn circles thing he used to do. It was my psyche up routine. RIP Dr. Death.

Now I just need to know that Randy Savage, Tito Santana, Ricky Steamboat, Nikita Koloff, the Midnight Express, and Tully Blanchard are living healthy and happy lives. And will do so into a nice old age.

My wrestling fandom lasted into the late nineties (I'll still always love the 80's stuff though). The Owen Hart tragedy really made it no longer fun for me. Not to mention that I really started to get uncomfortable with all the hardcore craziness. Falling off of high places and through things or getting hit hard with stuff just got too out of hand.

Oh, and the Varsity Club was such a cool group. Loved the matches against the Road Warriors and Steiners. The one thing that always cracked me up though was you had a Oklahoma guy, a Syracuse guy, a Michigan guy, then a Georgia guy (Dan Spivey). All big sports schools. Kevin Sullivan though was the Boston U. guy. No offense to Boston University but outside of hockey one of these didn't fit.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:48 am

jstate wrote:
All big sports schools. Kevin Sullivan though was the Boston U. guy. No offense to Boston University but outside of hockey one of these didn't fit.

That and the fact that Kevin Sullivan wasn't a gifted athlete nor technical, just a bodybuilder who found his way into the business (not an insult to Kevin because these are things he will readily admit-I've heard him in his own words in a radio interview and some shoot inteviews).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:55 am

DallasBlack wrote:
jstate wrote:
All big sports schools. Kevin Sullivan though was the Boston U. guy. No offense to Boston University but outside of hockey one of these didn't fit.

That and the fact that Kevin Sullivan wasn't a gifted athlete nor technical, just a bodybuilder who found his way into the business (not an insult to Kevin because these are things he will readily admit-I've heard him in his own words in a radio interview and some shoot inteviews).
I remember Kevin was said to be like a four time state wrestling champion in high school, unless that was kayfabe. I knew he was a bodybuilder and powerlifter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away   Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Death Steve Williams Passes Away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: