Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza

Go down 
+28
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
Glenn Rogers
Gilbert
JBall_Z
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
GrandNational
spiritoradio
Chairman_Smith
sam
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Svengo
brontotex
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Rex
Thrasher73
nevermore
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
manny
ultmetal
mc666
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:05 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:18 pm

THE SAINT MARCHES ON!!! LONG LIVE ARMORED SAINT!!

One of the greatest Metal bands no one knows about.... Very excited to here this, hopefully they'll re-release that back catalog again... Particularly 'Delirious Nomad'... I mean $100 and up for that disc!! smokes!

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:36 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

One of the greatest Metal bands no one knows about.... Very excited to here this, hopefully they'll re-release that back catalog again... Particularly 'Delirious Nomad'... I mean $100 and up for that disc!! smokes!

Happy

I coulda sworn that Metal Blade re-issued all of the early Armored Saint albums in the late 90s/early 00s... are those CDs really THAT expensive? Wow. scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Delirious Nomad can be pricey. But all the others are readily available....for now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Looks like RAISING FEAR and MARCH OF THE SAINT are getting pricey too (after a quick look on Amazon, anyway)... maybe Metal Blade will bring 'em back out again to coincide with the release of the new one (assuming the new album will be on Metal Blade, of course...)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm

I checked Amazon and Ebay the cheapest price I found for Delirious Nomad is for $42. I guess I'll have to hold on my vinyl copy for a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:45 pm

manny wrote:
I checked Amazon and Ebay the cheapest price I found for Delirious Nomad is for $42. I guess I'll have to hold on my vinyl copy for a little while longer.

I have D.N. on vinyl and a CD-R copy that I got in a trade a long time ago... good thing too, cuz if I went ahead and spent $42 on a CD my wife would staple my nuts to my forehead. Laughing

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I have D.N. on vinyl and a CD-R copy that I got in a trade a long time ago... good thing too, cuz if I went ahead and spent $42 on a CD my wife would staple my nuts to my forehead. Laughing

I got my copy of Delirious...off of ebay just in the last 2 years or so. I must've got lucky, because I know I didn't spend more than $10 bucks for it. It was one of the harder ones to find in the Armored Saint catalog though, for sure. I know I got out-bid the few times one would become available.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Metalguy I could swear just about a year ago I saw the CD listed on Amazon for $15 used, I passed on it at the time since they claimed they had 45 used copies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 pm

..and those 45 used copies are still out there. People are just listing them one at a time as to not flood the market and keep the price high.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Delirious Nomad and their debut were the only 2 Saint discs I didn't own and those 2 were the hardest to get. I gotta start looking on Amazon. I'm always on ebay, but never think to check Amazon. Either way, I almost never go over $10 for a single cd. I'm too cheap.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Happy

I coulda sworn that Metal Blade re-issued all of the early Armored Saint albums in the late 90s/early 00s... are those CDs really THAT expensive? Wow. scratch

They did. I have a very very good cd shop close to where I live and they can't get 'em. I mean they get everything! If I can find Rob Rock and RIOT there.

Currently Delirious Nomad is only $42.....

http://www.amazon.com/Delirious-Nomad-Armored-Saint/dp/B00000JPCI/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1229116510&sr=8-11

Just release em all again.... jeez....

don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:22 pm

You can still get Raising Fear for 12 bucks at www.metalbladestore.com

They also have the "rare" Trouble Run To The Light for $9.99. But here's the catch. Their shipping is almost 7 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:49 am

Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:44 am

Great news, I already posted about it in a thread someone started 3 days ago about the new album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Metal Blade has released a demo MP3 of a new Armored Saint song, "Loose Cannon" -- you can download it here for free:

http://www.metalblade.com/mp3/Loose_Cannon.zip

For some stupid reason the MP3 is in a ZIP file so you'll need AlphaZip or WinZIP or a similar program to crack it open and hear the song.

N-joy.

Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:06 pm

The track is ok, it doesn't really grab me but I hope the forthcoming album turns out well.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 pm

The track sounds different than anything they have done. I like it. I shall buy this album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:28 pm

Svengo wrote:
The track is ok, it doesn't really grab me but I hope the forthcoming album turns out well.
Very Happy

Well, to be fair, it IS just a demo, and I believe it's not even a live drummer on the track. Still, it's nice to hear something new from the Armored Saint camp.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:29 pm

Not bad, very melodic, nice to have these guys back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 am

I'll be getting this when I get home...I love me some ARMORED SAINT!!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Svengo wrote:
Very Happy

Well, to be fair, it IS just a demo, and I believe it's not even a live drummer on the track. Still, it's nice to hear something new from the Armored Saint camp.
After listening to the track several times I take back what I said. I'm really liking it now and can't wait for a final version as well as the album. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm

Svengo wrote:

After listening to the track several times I take back what I said. I'm really liking it now and can't wait for a final version as well as the album. Smile

Yup, I'm diggin' it too. Last night while I was computing I listened to this (and Megadeth's "Headcrusher") back-to-back numerous times and was thinking that 2009 is going to end on a high note with both of these albums. 🤘

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 pm

However much I miss Dave Pritchard's guitar playing, I am so glad that they are going with a two guitar line up. The early years with Phil and Dave onstage were gnarly. I was disapointed that they toured for "Nomad" with just Dave. It hurt the overall sound and vibe onstage. Anywho's....new Armored Saint is gonna be really kewl.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:05 am

An Email from Joey Vera
9/16/09

Quote :
Sorry for mass emails but here's some stuff:

Armored Saint is going into the studio in early Oct to record a new record.

We are now on twitter so if you all want to follow us daily while we're in the studio, we'll be posting notes on our progress. Please join and follow us while we're in the studio.

Go to www.twitter.com/thearmoredsaint and join, it's free!

Also we plan on video taping many segments from the studio, keep your eyes peeled as we'll most likely post videos each week on www.youtube.com

You can also get news and stuff at the following places:
www.myspace.com/joeyvera
www.myspace.com/armoredsaint1
www.metalblade.com
www.twitter.com/thearmoredsaint

More soon!

Take Care,
Joey

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next