Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza

Go down 
+28
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
Glenn Rogers
Gilbert
JBall_Z
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
GrandNational
spiritoradio
Chairman_Smith
sam
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Svengo
brontotex
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Rex
Thrasher73
nevermore
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
manny
ultmetal
mc666
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 am

The envelope annoys me more than anything. Besides being difficult to get out while driving, it's inevitable that the disc will get scratched.

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 am

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Crying-baby-thumb
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:28 am

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_razz

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:30 am

tohostudios wrote:
I can't believe no one has commented on this stupid packaging.

First off, who ever heard of a digipak slipcase? WTF? Secondly, I absolutely hate that the disc is stored in a cardboard envelope. It's only a matter of time until the disc gets scratched from sliding it in and out.

Seems to be the most common complaint about the new Armored Saint. I guess if the packaging is the worst complaint, the band is doing ok. Actually, the packaging is not cheap. This is actually a pretty elaborate package, complete with what looks like a spot, dry-trap gloss varnish. I actually like the slipcase over the digi. Keeps it together and there are less chances of it getting mangled. I do agree that I'd rather they included a tray than just a pocket to slide the disc into. The tray keeps the disc from getting scratched over time, whereas the sleeve will not.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:39 am

I picked this one up yesterday at the mall. Been spinning it all morning. Decent, but so far nothing is really standing out grabbing my attention. It's not bad at all, but just might take a little time to sink in.

I could see how the younger generation might say this is more hard rock than heavy metal by today's standards. Doesn't mean I like it any more or less, but it's not "Lamb of God" heavy. It's just a matter of opinion, but when you look at what most people consider heavy metal in 2010, La Raza definatley falls on the lighter side of that.

As for the packaging, I too dislike the folder as opposed to a plastic tray, but I agree with Ult. It's a very nicely done digipack. They didn't cheap out on the production values in that respect.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Quote :
Decent, but so far nothing is really standing out grabbing my attention. It's not bad at all, but just might take a little time to sink in.

That's where I'm at with it too.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Wow! Lots of catchy songs IMO.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:18 pm

I don't hear very much "catchy" yet. It's not bad but it all just kinda goes by and when it's done I don't remember very much.

In fact I tried spinning it again today and gave up after 4 tracks and replaced it with WASP's Babylon.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

It does kind of run together but again, I've only listened to it once. The packaging does suck, but I've seen much worse.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:03 am

I thought the packaging was the best part of the whole thing. I really liked the white with the colored pictures. I don't have to worry about mine getting scratched all that much. It basically went straight into the computer to get burned onto my ipod.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't hear very much "catchy" yet. It's not bad but it all just kinda goes by and when it's done I don't remember very much.

I agree. I've started this album a few times and kept turning it off because it didn't interest me. I've only gotten halfway through and the only song that grabbed me so far is "Chilled".

Packaging is pretty nice for this kind of release although I think the theme is a bit weird. Looks like something you'd see from Fall Out Boy or some lame modern rock band like that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 pm

You guys are nuts! How can you not like a song like "Head On". It's heavy, it has groove, it sounds like classic Armored Saint and it's got hook! "Bandit Country" is another massive song.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 pm

I really like Left Hook from Right Field, I think it is a good album, not my favorite but it will get play from me
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Maybe i'm just easy but i'm loving this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:43 pm

2 weeks later and this one still ain't grabbing me. It's a good album while I'm listening to it, but as soon as it's over, I don't remember a thing about it.

It's a little disappointing as I had high expectations for this one.

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 am

Listening to it right now and for those that think it's not memorable: Old age does that to ya.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:54 pm

I didn't know it came out already, so when I was on a local store ready to pay some albums, I found this one and left behind the other discs I had.

So far the packaging and music are doing a right job for my expectations. I Armored Saint are one my fave bands, so I can't wait to see this guys any day New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 11840
Back to top Go down
Rostov
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:11 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Maybe i'm just easy but i'm loving this.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza   New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New ARMORED SAINT - La Raza
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6