Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS

Go down 
+19
bgast1
Wargod
James B.
DallasBlack
sam
7thSecond
Rex
Invader
Gilbert
INVADERS
ultmetal
jstate
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
plancha7
Required Fields
nevermore
mc666
plinioguitar
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 am

ultmetal wrote:
I don't let reviews bother me either, but I am still shocked to read comments like "this album is pretty much a waste of time, energy and money. The fact was and still remains that the thrash in Kreator is dead", ". They somehow blend with the music in such a way that you get that picture of Korn in your head" and " The albums they put out (Violent Revolution and Enemy Of God) were not thrash"

I just wonder what album it is that they are listening to because I certainly don't hear even the slightest connection to Korn, metalcore and hear plenty of thrash metal.
metal-archives are known as one of most elitist metal sites. their users can be downright silly with it at times.

plinioguitar
Metal novice
Metal novice
plinioguitar

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 pm

hmmmm

i´ve read some stupids reviews about this album here in Brazil...
and some reviews wrote that this new record have some clean vocals...that reminds the New Metal bands like Korn and Linkin Park
aahahahahhahaha

man they have a mental trouble...( laughs)

My opinion is ....is a good disc...but not good as "Violent Revolution" or "Coma of Souls".... it´s a good disc...but not relevant to metal scene today..

I prefer to listen the new Hatesphere album ( total 100% Danish Thrash Metal 🤘 )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/plinio1983
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:30 pm

plinioguitar wrote:
.... it´s a good disc...but not relevant to metal scene today...

No relevant? Thrash is more popular than it's been in 10 years right now. Kreator are one of the biggest thrash bands to come out of Germany. How is the new Kreator "not relevant to metal scene today"?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
plinioguitar wrote:
.... it´s a good disc...but not relevant to metal scene today...

No relevant? Thrash is more popular than it's been in 10 years right now. Kreator are one of the biggest thrash bands to come out of Germany. How is the new Kreator "not relevant to metal scene today"?

Here here I agree 100% Ult. Thrash is huge nowdays and with the internet even more popular. Now if my new Rumplestiltskin Grinder would get here!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 pm

I love this cd, full of energy, chaos, anger, hatred, and dare I say melody?! awesome anyway, favorites so far are the title track, amok run, destroy what destroys you, and to the afterborn.

as an afterthought, does it sound like mille is yelling masturbation instead of escalation on the song of the same name?

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:02 am

I read reviews, but I make up my own mind. A lot of albums that I like get horrible reviews at Metal Archives. I have no idea where in the world some of those reviews come from. Listening to it now for about the 3rd time. I agree, this album is very good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:48 am

One question: is it worth buying? If so, i'm on it.
Back to top Go down
plinioguitar
Metal novice
Metal novice
plinioguitar

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:08 am

Ult..

I mean irrelevant...
because today theres a lot of bands that have a sound much better than Kreator..
ok ...respect what they done in the past...and the new Kreator ( 2000) ...and man...kreator have been one of my biggest influences...

but irrelevant with these new albuns....they aren´t bad( to me Violent Revolution is top 5)...but with you compare with new bands...Kreator loss...

For instance...if i make a question for you...what the best Kreator´s Album...

I bet that you´ll choose some album of 80´s ..ok my favorites are Coma of Souls, Extreme Agression.. etc..

I Like they sound a lot.... but there´s nothing that ´ll say : "Oh My God ..The new album of Kreator...is the best thing that happen in years"..

They are one of biggest band that have influencied a lot of bands....
but there´s a lot of new bands with a sound more relevant to metal... I prefer to listen Dew Scented or Hatesphere...
but ok guys...it´s just my opinion....

Kreator still one of best , one of best classic thrash metal bandsr...better than Sepultura for exemple...that makes the wrost thing that i ´ve heard from them ( i´m talking about the new album A-lex) ..

but how I said above...it´s just my opinion
Back to top Go down
plinioguitar
Metal novice
Metal novice
plinioguitar

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:10 am

To Gilbert....

Yes ...
If you like Kreator you´ll like this Album
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:40 pm

Gilbert wrote:
One question: is it worth buying? If so, i'm on it.

oh yeah, go get yer'self a copy.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:22 am

Kreator is banned here. I'm gonna have to wait till summer to travel to europe and acquire a copy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:13 am

I guess what is "relevant" isn't important to me. I listen to what I like and don't really care what's popular, relevant, important, not important, etc. Kreator are one of my favorites, even like their 90's releases.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
I guess what is "relevant" isn't important to me. I listen to what I like and don't really care what's popular, relevant, important, not important, etc. Kreator are one of my favorites, even like their 90's releases.

thats right, you go ult Razz
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:41 am

Here's the link for those interested in hearing it:
http://milf.1g.fi/Kreator%20-%20Hordes%20of%20Chaos%20(2008)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 pm

I've been reading a lot of great things about this album and the last one. May have to pick them up someday. another band I just lost track of in the early 90s for some reason.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Destroy what smurfing destroys you!

this is going be high in my favorites this year.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I don't let reviews bother me either, but I am still shocked to read comments like "this album is pretty much a waste of time, energy and money. The fact was and still remains that the thrash in Kreator is dead", ". They somehow blend with the music in such a way that you get that picture of Korn in your head" and " The albums they put out (Violent Revolution and Enemy Of God) were not thrash"

I just wonder what album it is that they are listening to because I certainly don't hear even the slightest connection to Korn, metalcore and hear plenty of thrash metal.
metal-archives are known as one of most elitist metal sites. their users can be downright silly with it at times.

That is quite silly.I wonder what they would consider thrash if Violent Revolution isnt?I thought it was a great return to form for them.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Just heard this new album, it is a good one. I lost track of this band after the mid 80s. Thanks for the heads up and getting to get a new album from a cool old band. I am enjoying quite well.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Kreator have always been trash kings. But i actually prefer their much more mature releases over their early noisy ones (pleasure to kill, endless pain...).

Can't wait to get hordes of chaos.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:07 pm

new video

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:47 pm

I wouldn't go as far as to say that the thrash in Kreator is dead because that is pretty steep, but the reviews are pretty spot on to me in the way I perceive this album.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Wow they got Manowar to star in their video. Awesome!

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:59 pm

I see that a bunch of folks have got real excited about this album. It's good, no doubt. But, I don't think deserving of all the hype. Pretty much every classic Thrash band has been delivering stellar product in the past six years or so. The Onslaught and Exodus products have got me the hardest. Last Testament as well. This new Kreator, I'd put on the same level as the Grave Digger. It's a good time to be a Thrash fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:44 pm

What other THRASH is coming 'round the corner? Anything worth keeping one eye open for?
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

thrasher73 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

That is quite silly.I wonder what they would consider thrash if Violent Revolution isnt?I thought it was a great return to form for them.

I'm a member of Metal Archives, and I still agree with all of you. I see lots of ridiculous reviews on their site, and yet it says that most of the reviews are positive. That makes it so that it looks like most of the reviews are accurate, but usually the stuff that people have heard of have bad reviews because people have heard of it... If that makes any sense.

Anyway, the album rocks. I especially like the title track. The video isn't that good though don\'t know
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next