Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS

Go down 
+19
bgast1
Wargod
James B.
DallasBlack
sam
7thSecond
Rex
Invader
Gilbert
INVADERS
ultmetal
jstate
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
plancha7
Required Fields
nevermore
mc666
plinioguitar
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
plinioguitar
Metal novice
Metal novice
plinioguitar

Number of posts : 23

KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Empty
PostSubject: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:58 am

Hey guys..

someone have listening this album???
i get the songs in a web site here ....and i don´t like this album...
the songs seems like Violent Revolution/Enemy of God pt II....but in this time it doesn´t work... i need hear more... but in a scale of 0-10 i choose 5.5 .,..

if somebody listening this ....tell me your opinion ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/plinio1983
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:53 am

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/new-kreator-posted-t7994.htm

i like what i've heard. i look forward to its official release.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:13 pm

I've heard the title track on satellite radio. I'm looking forward to the new cd.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:31 pm

I haven't heard it yet, but I like the album cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:25 am

I'm going to get the 'ultra deluxe edition' because the bundled 'exclusive' t-shirt looks awesome. Yeah!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Got this yesturday autographed and this album kicks major %#(@#! So far this is my album of the year. I have to listen to it on my surround sound though cause I only have those stupid little headphones for the ipod and the ipod in my truck sometimes sounds good and sometimes it doesnt so I really have to listen to the actual cd.

They recorded this album with analog equipment and it sounds great as well. Im sick of hearing all these processed bands that this album is a breath of fresh air. I really like how Milles' voice sounds its a little different from other releases. Theres actually some really great chorus' on this album too. I'll be listening to this one a bunch of times. Definetly one of my favs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Its ok. There are some really good songs but after the 3rd track it becomes sort of boring and his clean vocals are lame. Far from their best.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:28 pm

One listen in and I have to say I like it. Didn't blow me away or anything, but I was a big fan of Enemy Of God so to me that would be a tough one to follow up.

I'll have to see what multiple listens bring. At first I thought it seemed very short. Surprised to see the running time was 38 minutes. So it was a quick listen that flew by.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:52 pm

this one destroys Enemy of God in every way.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Sounds freakin' fabulous! I loved Enemy of God and I think this one might be better.

I love Mille's vocals. 🤘

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:01 am

- awesome album. can't wait to get the CD/DVD version
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:33 am

Nothing would replace coma of souls or enemy of god though...
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Awesome album. Their best album since "Extreme Aggression" in my opinion, and it seems to get better with each listen.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 am

What are these people listening to? This is why I rarely read reviews on Metal-Archives...

Quote :
Sad. - 60%
Written by shantanupatni1991 on January 24th, 2009

I got it as soon as it came out without thinking twice. But before I heard it, some of my musically trusted friends said it just wasn’t good. It was a little hard to believe since their last two albums had been amazing, and also because Mille said that the production is going to be similar to Pleasure to Kill.

Now I’ll tell you what’s wrong with it

a) The horrible mixing – The drums and vocals are way louder than they should be. This is a problem I see with quite a few albums these days. It’s unfortunate that this is thrash we’re talking about, where production can ruin the best material and at the same time has to power to make the most generic stuff sound skull crushing.

b) The pathetic vocal lines and the change in technique – Just when you thought that the production was the only thing that made it sound metalcorish, the vocal lines come in. They are somewhat deeper throated compared to his signature harsh style and unfortunately land somewhere near the kind of vocals a typical -core band would have. I don’t know if this was on purpose, ‘cause then even if it wasn’t, I must say Mille is showing signs of aging. They somehow blend with the music in such a way that you get that picture of Korn in your head.

Quote :
Oh Dear God .. - 28%
Written by Vaibhavjain on January 19th, 2009

Kreator has been one of the most important figures in the history of thrash and have the biggest fan base when compared to the three stalwarts from German thrash history. Their unique style of aggression and power has molded the thrash genre more than most bands have and who can blame them? Five consecutive thrash masterpieces since their inception namely Endless Pain, Pleasure To Kill, Terrible Certainty, Extreme Aggression and Coma Of Souls. So when they decided to altogether give up their thrash sound when they reached the pinnacle of the career it surprised dedicated fans of the band worldwide.

After nearly 10 years they decided to “go back to their roots”. The albums they put out (Violent Revolution and Enemy Of God) were not thrash but “thrashy”. The band’s new tracks all embraced the new, more melodic and not-so-aggressive modern thrash sound to its very core. I pretty much decided not to give “Hordes Of Chaos” a try but what changed my mind was the fact, and I state from Wikipedia: - “It has been described as their most organic album to date due to the fact that, barring vocals, guitar solos and some melodies, the album was recorded in a live setting on a 4-track analog tape recorder with no overdubs. Front man Mille Petrozza noted that this is the first time they have recorded an album this way since Pleasure to kill”. The fact that one of the stalwarts of thrash was trying to do something, even if it was just the production the old way was reason enough to try out this release.

Now where do I begin? Mille just cannot sing the aggressive sounding vocal style of thrash anymore and the vocals are probably the most annoying thing on the album. The riffs are way to uninspired and melodic. They set out to create if not a thrash album at least a thrash release and what they have created is basically a melodic thrash album (WTF?). The bass is hardly audible and most of the drum lines are similar. The songs in it are extremely predictable and pretty repetitive. The band seem to have forgotten and seem to have given up what they seemed to always have in their grasp. Sheer aggression. Hell, even the last two albums had tinges of that. I mean, come on. Even compare the album titles. Endless Pain, Pleasure To Kill, Extreme Aggression and now Hordes Of Chaos? No thank you. The brain cells of the band seem to be dead when it comes to thrash now.

Barring the opening riff of the title track and the chorus of “Run Amok Run” this album is pretty much a waste of time, energy and money. The fact was and still remains that the thrash in Kreator is dead. Even the band’s German counterpart “Sodom” has been releasing good decent albums on a regular basis even though they too have the modern thrash sound to them now. It is pretty unrealistic to find bands, which play, thrash nowadays which lies in the vein of early thrash but a few bands like Hypnosia, Evile and Torture Squad do. Bands like the one’s I just mentioned listened probably grew up listening to Kreator and maybe was even one of its inspirations. Ironically, Kreator must now listen to these bands to get some sort of inspiration to play thrash again (hopefully). Recommended to fans of modern thrash. Fans of old school thrash, look away.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 am

Clean vocals this time? Are they good? Are they much different from his normal vocal style?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:31 am

Rex wrote:
Clean vocals this time? Are they good? Are they much different from his normal vocal style?

More like a moaning on one song. Not really what I would call clean vocals. He sounds like Mille to me. A bit more raw than the past two albums, mostly due to a different recording style.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:32 am

Moaning? lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:08 am

i don't let the reviews of others bother me. most people tend to dislike the stuff i like anyway. i think the album is great.

7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:42 pm

I've never been real good at letting reviews of albums persuade me as to my opinion of them. I have however let them persuade me into buying an album that was undecided on. I bought the new Kreator cd the day it came out so there weren't many reviews out yet. I would've bought it either way. Though it isn't quite Extreme Aggression, it is a good album I think. Four songs made it to my MP3 player which of course has limited space available.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Love how it was recorded live in the studio. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Those 2 reviews are not even close to how the album is. I think I like the vocals more than I used to.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
i don't let the reviews of others bother me. most people tend to dislike the stuff i like anyway.

Many of my favoirte albums are ripped apart by reviews so I know how it is. Which is why I read reviews for entertainment purposes only. A reveiw might persuade me to pick something up but it won't make me change my opinion or reject something out of hand.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:04 pm

I don't let reviews bother me either, but I am still shocked to read comments like "this album is pretty much a waste of time, energy and money. The fact was and still remains that the thrash in Kreator is dead", ". They somehow blend with the music in such a way that you get that picture of Korn in your head" and " The albums they put out (Violent Revolution and Enemy Of God) were not thrash"

I just wonder what album it is that they are listening to because I certainly don't hear even the slightest connection to Korn, metalcore and hear plenty of thrash metal.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Seems to many reviews try to impress with knowledge instead of giving an honest review of just the music on the cd, regardless of the bands history.

I heard part of it at a friends before we started jamming and I like it.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm

mc666 wrote:
i think the album is great.

kreator have set the bar high this year. 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS   KREATOR  - HORDES OF CHAOS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KREATOR - HORDES OF CHAOS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next