Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O.J. sentenced today!

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
exact33
mc666
Lurideath
Troublezone
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
manny
Addy
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Wargod
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

O.J. sentenced today! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:19 am

Required Fields wrote:
A bit of trivia for you...

O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role of The Terminator, but the production team then decided not to, fearing that he was "too nice" to be taken seriously as a cold blooded killer.

When OJ was dismissed as the Terminator, they were going to have Lance Henricksen (who played Det. Vukovich in the movie) as the Terminator, and Arnold was going to play Kyle Reece. That would've been a horrible idea, not to mention the fact that Arnold wasn't that great of an actor back then. I mean the guy could look menacing, but that was about it. It wasn't until Predator where he came into his own.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:30 am

Eyesore wrote:
Charges that would have been dropped for anyone else.

That argument is a logical fallacy. This is something we don't know, nor can we prove. You know as well as I that the poor black guy from the hood would have had the book tossed at him for something like what OJ DID do. The broke white redneck from the trailer park too. The rich white kid, the young and highly talented black athlete, etc....your argument may be valid in those cases. One can not summarily dismiss the entire event, though, by saying such as it is not entirely true in any and all cases

Here's my take: OJ broke the law. Period. This can not be denied. Did his past history enter into the sentencing? Probably so. However, the fact stands that OJ broke the law. I'll reiterate what someone already said and point out that Nevada law states it doesn't matter that OJ himself wasn't holding the gun, only that the guy with him, helping him, directed by him WAS.

It hasn't been established if the items in question were rightfully his property. Truth to tell, I'm inclined to believe that said property was not his, or was no longer his. If it was, any RATIONAL person would have asked for police assistance in regaining possession of their property. Regardless of his past history, there were SEVERAL legal options he could have persued to get his stuff back and running in with gun out, threatening and cursing, etc was NOT one of them.

Was the sentence harsh? I don't know (and to be honest (upfront in showing my bias) I don't really care). It was, however, what the law allowed. OJ accepted such consequences when he chose to do what he did. He KNEW that he was a marked man because of his prior history. He still chose to break the law, and by doing so he should have known he ran the risk of being brought back down to earth HARD if he was caught.

I know there is unfairness in the justice system. I attribute this to flawed human beings running and overseeing the system. In a perfect world this wouldn't be the case. However, this isn't a perfect world and will never be. We will NEVER rid ourselves of the flaws, even if we could minimize them. I can't sit and worry that a criminal get shafted during sentencing, when if he or she had never broken the law in the first place they wouldn't be dealing with the system.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:55 am

Eyesore wrote:
this was a revenge conviction, which is a scary thing.

It is scary. I think the first O.J. trial was a make-up call for the Rodney King trial. And this O.J. (sentence, if not the trial) was a make-up call for this first O.J. trial. America is a reactionary place too often. Those 20/20 type Tv shows about controversial trials are really scary, the verdicts often seem to hinge on pure emotion as often as not.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:29 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
this was a revenge conviction, which is a scary thing.

It is scary. I think the first O.J. trial was a make-up call for the Rodney King trial. And this O.J. (sentence, if not the trial) was a make-up call for this first O.J. trial. America is a reactionary place too often. Those 20/20 type Tv shows about controversial trials are really scary, the verdicts often seem to hinge on pure emotion as often as not.

What's scary is people that defend this killer. You should be upset that he got away with murder not what happened to him now. Chances are you will not be in his shoes because you probably won't get away with a murder and therefore there will be no revenge case against the average person. This was a case of a jackass that couldn't stay outta trouble when he was lucky enough to be a free man.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:33 am

It's scary how rich and famous people can usually buy their freedom when the average person will have a dope public defendant that will lose the case. Poor OJ couldn't keep his nose clean and gave the court a reason to throw the book at him. He was obviously guilty of this crime and the court knew he is a menace to society. He probably has/had a God complex thinking he could beat any charge until it blew up in his face this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O.J. sentenced today!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3