Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O.J. sentenced today!

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
exact33
mc666
Lurideath
Troublezone
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
manny
Addy
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Wargod
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

O.J. sentenced today! Empty
PostSubject: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:24 pm

OJ will sit at least 10 years in prison and could be more! He will be elegible for parole after 5 on 1 charge but will have sit more for the others. So a minimum of 10 for sure! He may just pass away in prison he is 61!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Someone in the office brought up a good point today. Do you realize that there is now a generation of kids growing up that only know of OJ the criminal and have no knowledge of OJ the football star. Kinda sad.

Have fun in the slammer, Juice. Don't drop the soap.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:46 pm

LONG overdue IMO... the dude's a sleezebag...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Someone in the office brought up a good point today. Do you realize that there is now a generation of kids growing up that only know of OJ the criminal and have no knowledge of OJ the football star. Kinda sad.

Yep and the board is full of 'em. Bye bye, OJ. B!tch.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:05 pm

He is a sociopath in every sense of the word. This is a long time coming. I'm so happy for the Browns and the Goldman's today. It was disgusting to see the heckling the Goldman's were receiving while talking to the press outside of the courthouse today. We have some pretty sick individuals out there. I would love to hear what the rationalization is for the pro OJ crowd out there these days. Sadly the decision of the trial 13 years ago drew a deep divide among blacks & whites. I don't think many blacks cared whether OJ killed two people or not, certainly the jury didn't care based on their decision, and that verdict was a mandate on crooked trials where blacks were found guilty based on their color. As terrible as white America has been to black America over the years, one can never justify letting a murderer go free.

All that being said, I find it ironic because of the racial divide 13 years ago, that we now have a black President. Go figure...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Kinda like Tom Cruise, 20 years ago he was Tom Cruise the movie star, now he's Tom Cruise the Fruit Loop
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:09 pm

No one else finds this troubling? First off, the justice system failed the first time around, clearly. But what is this? Payback? This time our justice system failed yet again. No other person would have gotten this sentence. OJ was going away for a long time from day one, and everyone knew it. That's a scary thing. Regardless of his guilt, he got the shaft this time around. Our justice system shouldn't be abused like this.

Trust me, I have no sympathy for the guy, but this time, just like the last time, they got it wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Quote :
Trust me, I have no sympathy for the guy, but this time, just like the last time, they got it wrong.

What about Al Capone? Do you think he got the shaft when he went to jail for tax evasion? Abuse happens both ways. The system was abused when the glove didn't fit and now its gone the other way. Things happen. Have a Coke and a smile.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:28 pm

This time he didn't have the money to buy his freedom with his so called "Dream Team" , long overdue in my opinion.

"Steal a Little and they throw you in Jail
Steal alot and they make you a king"
Bob Dylan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
What about Al Capone? Do you think he got the shaft when he went to jail for tax evasion? Abuse happens both ways. The system was abused when the glove didn't fit and now its gone the other way. Things happen. Have a Coke and a smile.
The system wasn't abused last time. If you think that, you didn't pay attention. Jurors get things wrong all the time. This time, however, a man got 33 years in prison for essentially doing nothing. CONVICTED murderes have gotten far less. What he did before, years ago, has no bearing this time around. Or it shouldn't have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:13 pm

I admit, I think it's an overly harsh sentence, but the man belongs in prison if you ask me. I know we don't have a "just" justice system. I'm happy someone got what they deserved, even if it was 14 years later and for something totally unrelated.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'm happy someone got what they deserved, even if it was 14 years later and for something totally unrelated.

Yup.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:30 pm

http://mediatakeout.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/1223127659ojwrap.jpg
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:32 pm

O.J. sentenced today! 1223127659ojwrap
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
No one else finds this troubling? First off, the justice system failed the first time around, clearly. But what is this? Payback? This time our justice system failed yet again. No other person would have gotten this sentence. OJ was going away for a long time from day one, and everyone knew it. That's a scary thing. Regardless of his guilt, he got the shaft this time around. Our justice system shouldn't be abused like this.

Well maybe if he didn't kill two innocent people he wouldn't have that karma following him around. The dirtbag got many years of freedom even though he was guilty but now his time has come.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 2:12 am

OJ's scum lawyers are dying off (Johnny Cochran, Robert Kardashian) and now OJ himself finally got busted. Looks like the "Dream Team" had a nice curse on their heads. Now Robert Shapiro and F. Lee Baily are the only ones left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:34 am

troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Well maybe if he didn't kill two innocent people he wouldn't have that karma following him around. The dirtbag got many years of freedom even though he was guilty but now his time has come.
Not the point at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Not the point at all.

It's not like he was innocent this time either with the armed robbery kidnapping. He didn't know how to sit back and die a free man he had to go and make trouble.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Well what would you have done if you were a famous person and someone stole your personal memorabilia and was selling it? Was it right what he did? No... but I can see his justification in what he did.

What he presumably did 13 years ago has no baring on what he did with this kidnapping case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:40 pm

troublezone wrote:
It's not like he was innocent this time either with the armed robbery kidnapping. He didn't know how to sit back and die a free man he had to go and make trouble.
Again, not the point. He wasn't innocent this time, but he sure as hell wasn't 33 years guilty. In fact, anyone else would likely have gotten probation. He did nothing at all, except make threats. The kidnapping charge was a joke, and he didn't have a gun, right? Wasn't it someone else that had the gun? If this were anyone else you guys would condemn the verdict, which you should regardless.

OJ killed those people, but he got away with it. That's how it goes sometimes, unfortunately. Revenge should never enter our courts.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:08 pm

O.J. would have been in this mess if had an ounce of brain. If you get away with murder, you would think you would try to keep a low profile, drop off the face of the earth. But not O.J. he has to sell his so called story as pay per view event, he has try to sell a book on what he would have done if he had been the one to commit the murders, and to top off he commits this stupid crime.

He should be glad that stupidity is not a capital offense.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well what would you have done if you were a famous person and someone stole your personal memorabilia and was selling it? Was it right what he did? No... but I can see his justification in what he did.

What he presumably did 13 years ago has no baring on what he did with this kidnapping case.

It's the way he went about it to get the stuff back. Guns and threats...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Again, not the point. He wasn't innocent this time, but he sure as hell wasn't 33 years guilty. In fact, anyone else would likely have gotten probation. He did nothing at all, except make threats. The kidnapping charge was a joke, and he didn't have a gun, right? Wasn't it someone else that had the gun? If this were anyone else you guys would condemn the verdict, which you should regardless.

OJ killed those people, but he got away with it. That's how it goes sometimes, unfortunately. Revenge should never enter our courts.

Would you still hold that view if he killed someone you loved and got away with it? This is karma.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:50 pm

manny wrote:
O.J. would have been in this mess if had an ounce of brain. If you get away with murder, you would think you would try to keep a low profile, drop off the face of the earth. But not O.J. he has to sell his so called story as pay per view event, he has try to sell a book on what he would have done if he had been the one to commit the murders, and to top off he commits this stupid crime.

He should be glad that stupidity is not a capital offense.

I agree, he just couldn't help but mock the murders he got away with and make money from it. He was too confident from the first go round that he could get away with anything and this time it backfired.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:

this is the way i was viewing it. it's like this whole thing was more about retribution for previous crimes it was perceived he had gotten away with. that's not how the legal system is supposed to work.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O.J. sentenced today!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next