Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O.J. sentenced today!

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
exact33
mc666
Lurideath
Troublezone
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
manny
Addy
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Wargod
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
It's not like he was innocent this time either with the armed robbery kidnapping. He didn't know how to sit back and die a free man he had to go and make trouble.
Again, not the point. He wasn't innocent this time, but he sure as hell wasn't 33 years guilty. In fact, anyone else would likely have gotten probation. He did nothing at all, except make threats. The kidnapping charge was a joke, and he didn't have a gun, right? Wasn't it someone else that had the gun? If this were anyone else you guys would condemn the verdict, which you should regardless.

OJ killed those people, but he got away with it. That's how it goes sometimes, unfortunately. Revenge should never enter our courts.

well he did do more than just make the threats. OJ and his co-conspirator Stewart were each convicted Oct. 3 of 12 criminal charges, including kidnapping and assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, conspiracy and burglary. The crimes were considered violent felonies in NV. The felonies conviction in my mind justifies that jail time. The judge said the evidence was overwhelming, with the planning, the confrontation itself and the aftermath all recorded on audio or videotape.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Quote :
well he did do more than just make the threats. OJ and his co-conspirator Stewart were each convicted Oct. 3 of 12 criminal charges, including kidnapping and assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, conspiracy and burglary. The crimes were considered violent felonies in NV. The felonies conviction in my mind justifies that jail time. The judge said the evidence was overwhelming, with the planning, the confrontation itself and the aftermath all recorded on audio or videotape.

You are correct exact33.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:28 pm

I disagree that OJ got off light...

Not only did the legal pundits disagree with that assertion, but even OJ's legal team thought the sentencing would be more harsh. The guy is a sociopath, and sociopaths don't know how to keep their noses clean. Good riddance "Juice"...jerkoff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:30 pm

troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
It's not like he was innocent this time either with the armed robbery kidnapping. He didn't know how to sit back and die a free man he had to go and make trouble.
Again, not the point. He wasn't innocent this time, but he sure as hell wasn't 33 years guilty. In fact, anyone else would likely have gotten probation. He did nothing at all, except make threats. The kidnapping charge was a joke, and he didn't have a gun, right? Wasn't it someone else that had the gun? If this were anyone else you guys would condemn the verdict, which you should regardless.

OJ killed those people, but he got away with it. That's how it goes sometimes, unfortunately. Revenge should never enter our courts.
Would you still hold that view if he killed someone you loved and got away with it? This is karma.
Does that have any bearing whatsoever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:37 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
You are correct exact33.
Nonsense convictions. Charges that would have been dropped for anyone else. Who was assaulted? No one. Who was kidnapped? No one. Who was robbed? No one.

Someday maybe "the law" will screw you over in a similar manner. Maybe then you'll understand the bigger picture.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:39 pm

The A-hole got what he deserved.

Good riddance.

The law will not screw me over in a similar manner because I'm not stupid enough to put myself in that position.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :
You are correct exact33.
Nonsense convictions. Charges that would have been dropped for anyone else. Who was assaulted? No one. Who was kidnapped? No one. Who was robbed? No one.

Someday maybe "the law" will screw you over in a similar manner. Maybe then you'll understand the bigger picture.

nonesense convictions? did you watch the videotape of him and stewart barge into the room brandishing a gun? OJ admitted to coming to get the stuff back. If it was really his lawful possessions why have a gun present? He got caught planning and executing it on audio and videotape and the actions met statutory merit for criminal felonies. He and his accomplice were offered a deal but refused. He lost on the merits of his case. His own lawyers were surprised the judge didnt give out life decision. OJ did the crime and now he will do the time.

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The A-hole got what he deserved.

Good riddance.

The law will not screw me over in a similar manner because I'm not stupid enough to put myself in that position.
And it has nothing to do with putting yourself in that position. I'm baffled that some of you just can't grasp what is wrong here. When it comes to "gay rights," the law is final! You're for it. When it comes to OJ, dirtbag that he is, the law means nothing.

What does the bible say about lies and corruption?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Would you still hold that view if he killed someone you loved and got away with it? This is karma.

Of coarse it does.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:10 am

Quote :

It says you reap what you sow. OJ is not an innocent man so your argument is null.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:11 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
It says you reap what you sow. OJ is not an innocent man so your argument is null.
Sorry. I shouldn't even have taken that jab at you. But since you replied, I'd call your response extremely selective. But no matter, I shouldn't have brought the bible stuff into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:24 pm

troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Of coarse it does.
How so? Neither judge nor jury knew those killed by OJ. Nor did you or I. So it has no relevance whatsoever. Like I said before, this was a revenge conviction, which is a scary thing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Sorry. I shouldn't even have taken that jab at you. But since you replied, I'd call your response extremely selective. But no matter, I shouldn't have brought the bible stuff into it.

No problem man.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Of coarse it does.
How so? Neither judge nor jury knew those killed by OJ. Nor did you or I. So it has no relevance whatsoever. Like I said before, this was a revenge conviction, which is a scary thing.

It's just my perspective.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Of coarse it does.

well i guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.... If it was a revenge thing he would have gotten life...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:49 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Of coarse it does.

well i guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.... If it was a revenge thing he would have gotten life...

Alex
The dude is 61 years old. He got life. He won't get out on parole. He'll die in prison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Quote :
The dude is 61 years old. He got life. He won't get out on parole. He'll die in prison.

Poor guy. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:03 pm

As far as Im concerned he finally got what he deserved.

Is revenge conviction scary? Sure, but its not like its the first time its happened either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:20 pm

DeathCult wrote:
As far as Im concerned he finally got what he deserved.

Is revenge conviction scary? Sure, but its not like its the first time its happened either.
No, but celebrating it is the wrong thing to do. It lends too much justification to that sort of tempting abuse of power. People care about the wrong things today. Here, we're applauding the abuse of power, just like the merry marriage thing. It's unreal. Then these same people will complain when their own freedom is being whittled away.

Give an alcoholic a 12pk of beer and he'll drink it. Just don't complain when he's a raving drunken assh*le.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:41 am

Quote :
Then these same people will complain when their own freedom is being whittled away.

There's a difference between everyday people and a sociopath killer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 am

Quote :
The system was abused when the glove didn't fit and now its gone the other way. Things happen. Have a Coke and a smile.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:14 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Then these same people will complain when their own freedom is being whittled away.
Batting 1000. Once again, that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Batting 1000. Once again, that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

If an everyday person had this happen then fine you're right but were talking about someone guilty of a crime not just what everyone knows he did in the past but a use of force and holding someone against their will with a gun. It doesn't matter if the friend had it because he was there for OJ to do his bidding.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:58 pm

A bit of trivia for you...

O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role of The Terminator, but the production team then decided not to, fearing that he was "too nice" to be taken seriously as a cold blooded killer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:38 am

Required Fields wrote:
A bit of trivia for you...

O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role of The Terminator, but the production team then decided not to, fearing that he was "too nice" to be taken seriously as a cold blooded killer.

I can't picture OJ as the Terminator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O.J. sentenced today!   O.J. sentenced today! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O.J. sentenced today!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next