Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
assault_attack
journeyman
James B.
candlemass
thejokeriv
manny
stepcousin
akeldama
metalken
MetalRob331
Troublezone
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:06 am

Got to love Brad's whammified take on Randy's solo. It would've been cool to see Brad do one studio album with Ozzy. 🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1c4NpYXocU&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:13 am

http://www.stellarproducts.biz/ozosspofdeir.html

The whole show on unofficial DVD.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:18 am

spectrefate wrote:
http://www.stellarproducts.biz/ozosspofdeir.html

The whole show on unofficial DVD.

Thanks spec, i've been looking for a copy of that.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:20 am

awesome and what a great job Brad did...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:25 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

Yeah and it took balls to step in after Randy died. Plus Tommy Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo as the rhythm section didn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:49 am

troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Yeah and it took balls to step in after Randy died. Plus Tommy Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo as the rhythm section didn't hurt.

One thing Ozzy always had were some of the best musicians..
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:59 am

troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Yes it did. Brad is a killer guitarist that I feel was/is greatly sonically neurtured by Night Ranger Sad . Razz
And was there not another guitar player chosen before Brad? Didn't Bernie Torme get a chance to play as well?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:03 am

metalken wrote:
troublezone wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Yes it did. Brad is a killer guitarist that I feel was/is greatly sonically neurtured by Night Ranger Sad . Razz
And was there not another guitar player chosen before Brad? Didn't Bernie Torme get a chance to play as well?

For some reason Bernie was cut and Ozzy got Brad instead. I guess Ozzy has an eye for flashy players. Cool
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Is there anything else out there besides Speak Of The Devil that Brad did with Oz?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 pm

akeldama wrote:
Is there anything else out there besides Speak Of The Devil that Brad did with Oz?

Nope that's the singular thing they did together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Isn't that the same show they used to air on MTV?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Isn't that the same show they used to air on MTV?

That would be it.

http://panterra-metalvideo.blogspot.com/search?q=ozzy
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I was hoping for some bootlegs or something.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:55 am

akeldama wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I was hoping for some bootlegs or something.

This is better than a bootleg and as good as it gets.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 5:29 am

I saw them on this tour back in April or May (?) of 1982 in Anchorage Alaska.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:43 am

You got give Brad Gillis props, he learned that entire set in two weeks ( or something like that), replaced a friend, fan and critical favorite Randy Rhoads, and put his own spin on both Ozzy and Black Sabbath songs. You watch that performance with Brad Gillis and you would never know that he had been in Ozzy's band less than a year.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:05 am

Anyone have a copy of the US festival performance? I used to have it on cassette years ago (taped it off the radio), but's it'slong gone now!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Anyone have a copy of the US festival performance? I used to have it on cassette years ago (taped it off the radio), but's it'slong gone now!

Joker this from a site that Spec linked another thread, good quality on one DVD I ordered, anyway here is the link.

http://www.stellarproducts.biz/usfe83hemeda.html
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:47 pm

You guys really think Brad is that good? I have the dvd where most of the material is of the Ozzy solo variety, I think he butchured Randy's solos!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:29 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Joker this from a site that Spec linked another thread, good quality on one DVD I ordered, anyway here is the link.

http://www.stellarproducts.biz/usfe83hemeda.html

Sweet - thx!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:32 pm

candlemass wrote:
You guys really think Brad is that good? I have the dvd where most of the material is of the Ozzy solo variety, I think he butchured Randy's solos!

I think he did pretty well considering he just replaced a man who had been dead less than a month and had maybe two weeks to learn the set.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Jake E. Lee played at that gig, his very first show with OZZY
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:42 am

I never gave Brad a chance and I should have. I must admit Brad did a really good job and all on short notice with most of the fans wishing that it was Randy up there instead of him. What a job that guy had. A dream gig under some bad circumstances. I wonder why he didn't record an album with Ozzy, was it his choice to leave and join Night Ranger or was it Ozzy who didn't want him. Kind of funny that Ozzy recorded a live album and not a studio album with Brad and all Black Sabbath tunes to boot.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Ozzy offered Brad Gillis the job but Night Ranger was already signed to MCA so Brad turned Ozzy down.

As far as the live album " Speak of the Devil", the version of the album that was originally to be released was with Randy Rhoads, due to his death Ozzy scrapped it in respect to Randy's memory and not seem to exploit Randy's death. The show at New York was recorded and rushed released instead.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:10 am

Rudy Sarzo has a book out that goes into detail about what happened with Bernie Torme. If I remember correct Rudy's brother got the job 1st but Bernie was paid to come in & do the gig so he got the job without an audition. He left after 2 weeks because he had a solo cd he wanted to promote, Something like that.

I have a boot with Bernie, Not the best recording but he did an ok job considering. There were a couple of radio broadcasts w/Brad. + the MTV concert.

"Speak Of THe Devil" might not be perfect but I thought it was a killer cd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis   Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy '82 with Brad Gillis
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next