Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...

Go down 
+6
Schbopo
Hamer12
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
MetalRob331
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Empty
PostSubject: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:25 am

Any fans of this country boy? He is absolutely an amazing guitar player but is overlooked by his pop country hits. This guy can shred with the best of em..

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:48 am

Not bad. I heard he was good on guitar.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 am

troublezone wrote:
Not bad. I heard he was good on guitar.

His new cd is mindblowing. I like him as a country artist as well, just for the fact that he can write and play a mean guitar..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:57 am

My wife digs this guy. We watch CMT quite often so I see a lot of his stuff. Not my thing but I gotta say, many of his music videos are funny as hell. I especially like "Celebrity" and "Online." Jason ("Seinfeld") Alexander, Maureen ("Marcia Brady") McCormick, and William Shatner (!) have all made appearances in Brad's videos. Funny stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:23 am

I cannot stand modern country/pop. Blech! Don't care how good of a guitarist someone is, if the music isn't something I enjoy I can't get into it. However, the posted song isn't bad.

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:10 pm

I agree with Ult about pop country, I did see him live a few years ago & the man can SHRED!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I cannot stand modern country/pop. Blech! Don't care how good of a guitarist someone is, if the music isn't something I enjoy I can't get into it. However, the posted song isn't bad.

His new cd is almost all instrumental thats why i really dig it. He had the potential to really let loose and he finally did...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Can't get down with country very much. Though Garth Brooks's "Thunder Rolls" would make for one badass metal song. Other than that, can't dig it. I like some country rockabilly stuff, but standard pop country--no thanks.

Can't say I know much about Paisley, but that was a cool little song. Not really into that kind of instrumental music, but it was cool.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Good playing, bad music. Kinda like Dragonforce.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Can't get down with country very much. Though Garth Brooks's "Thunder Rolls" would make for one badass metal song. Other than that, can't dig it. I like some country rockabilly stuff, but standard pop country--no thanks.

Can't say I know much about Paisley, but that was a cool little song. Not really into that kind of instrumental music, but it was cool.

Thunder Rolls is an awesome song. I used to own that cd if im not mistaken. Is that the same one with Shameless on it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:52 pm

No "Shameless" is on Ropin the Wind. "Thunder Rolls" is on No Fences.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:26 pm

spectrefate wrote:
No "Shameless" is on Ropin the Wind. "Thunder Rolls" is on No Fences.

You are correct my friend 🤘 I did have Ropin The Wind but i remember having these songs on the same cd might of been a greatest hits or a collection. Both awesome songs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Yes sir, they are both awesome.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 pm

This isn't standard country he seems to add a good dose of rock into it. Sounds like a country Joe Satriani.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:43 pm

troublezone wrote:
This isn't standard country he seems to add a good dose of rock into it. Sounds like a country Joe Satriani.

The whole cd is pretty much guitar instrumentals with a few songs sang on. Paisley is one heck of a player. That song i posted was like a tribute to his friend Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Have you heard his newest songs? (Line Dance and Slam) and (Tip Your Hat Toxic Strut).
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:25 pm

troublezone wrote:
Have you heard his newest songs? (Line Dance and Slam) and (Tip Your Hat Toxic Strut).

Laughing very hard haha no but i'm sure they would rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:02 am

Dude can play...so can Keith Urban...
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 am

ultmetal wrote:

Country is an elitists group, you basically have to conform to there rules to get in. Guess that is why country is small in stature!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 12:21 pm

troublezone wrote:

I kinda thought the same thing. Like many of you, I'm not down with the pop-country stuff, but that song wasn't too shabby.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:30 pm

I tell you I never thought I would give this a listen , but what I have heard so far is not to bad. The dude can play. I have to say that country is not my bag but if they all did this I might be converted... well maybe for a while. I do like me some Sabbath and Priest and this is a far cry from that.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:21 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
I tell you I never thought I would give this a listen , but what I have heard so far is not to bad. The dude can play. I have to say that country is not my bag but if they all did this I might be converted... well maybe for a while. I do like me some Sabbath and Priest and this is a far cry from that.

this cd has about 12 songs all instrumental in that type of way..
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:13 pm

I like Brad Paisley. He's a really good guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...   BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRAD PAISLEY ROCKS...
Page 1 of 1