Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden Tour 2009

Go down 
+12
Fat Freddy
MetalH
metalken
Wargod
DallasBlack
manny
powermacho
Metal Misfit
nevermore
TheGooch
thejokeriv
tul
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Iron Maiden will continue their SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME WORLD TOUR in 2009!

Fri 13th - UAE - Dubai Media City Amphitheatre
Sun 15th - India - Bangalore Royal Challenge Rock In India
Fri 20th - New Zealand - Auckland. Mount Smart Stadium
Sat 21st - New Zealand - Christchurch. AMI Stadium
Wed 25th - Mexico - Monterrey Estadio Technologico.
Thurs 26th - Mexico - Guadalajara Arena VFG Jalisco.
Sat 28th - Mexico - Mexico City Fero Sol Stadium Complex
1st - 29th March 2009 - South and Central America.
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1019
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:08 pm

I saw that - I wish they would come back to the US for a few dates as they ar emixing up the set list with more songs from the first four albums.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 pm

i wish they would come back to England again before 2010. i would very much like to see Iron Maiden again as i have only seen them once before on the Matter of the Beast Tour
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:57 pm

I wish they would come back to the US and do a more extensive tour.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 4:11 pm

nevermore wrote:

I don't think we'll ever get a more extensive tour in the US, they seem to concentrate where they can sell the most tickets since they tour anywhere near as much as they did in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:13 pm

Let me know when they hit up Detroit again.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Wow my friends from Central America Are very lucky. This is their second chance to see them. Some of them couldn't go to COSTA RICA last time, since it was a long trip.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I don't think we'll ever get a more extensive tour in the US, they seem to concentrate where they can sell the most tickets since they tour anywhere near as much as they did in the 80's.

You're right.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:13 pm

I think they tired to do a more extensive tour in the US when they were part of Ozfest, unfortunatly that moron Sharon Osbourne started to encourage her equally moronic audience to egg and throw crap at Iron Maiden in one their performances, I hope they don't think all US audiences are that stupid, but I am sure it doesn't help and maybe that's why they haven't booked that many shows when they tour the US. Ozfest may left a bad impression of US metal fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:20 am

powermacho wrote:
Wow my friends from Central America Are very lucky. This is their second chance to see them. Some of them couldn't go to COSTA RICA last time, since it was a long trip.

I went to see them in Costa Rica and I'm looking forward to do it again, hopefully somewhere closer to El Salvador.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:22 am

manny wrote:
I think they tired to do a more extensive tour in the US when they were part of Ozfest, unfortunatly that moron Sharon Osbourne started to encourage her equally moronic audience to egg and throw crap at Iron Maiden in one their performances, I hope they don't think all US audiences are that stupid, but I am sure it doesn't help and maybe that's why they haven't booked that many shows when they tour the US. Ozfest may left a bad impression of US metal fans.

thats an interesting theory actually.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:05 pm

They never came near me. I still believe I should have been born 10 years earlier so I could have seen them back in the day. However, as long as I can see a Bruce led Maiden before Stever Harris and co. hang it up, I'll be alright (I've seen Maiden twice but they were during the Blaze years). Though I would have loved to see them performing more of their classics.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:15 pm

I'd love to see Maiden sometime but unlike AC/DC they don't play smaller markets and venues!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:22 pm

I caught Maiden on the Canadian leg of this tour in June 08. It was the first time in 20 odd years since I had last saw them. The played the praries (where I live) a lot in the eighties, as I was able to see them open for Scorpions on the NOTB tour 82; and saw them headline for the next four succesive tours: Piece Of Mind 83 ,Powerslave 84, Somewhere In Time 86, and 7th Son 88. Then they stopped coming Crying or Very sad .
I thought they were playing very well on this current tour. But like others, hearing certain songs for the sixth time live was Rolling Eyes ; but I realize they were not just playing for me and my friends. That, and the three buddies I went with were there with me to all the shows and we got to hear a lot of stuff live that people say they never do anymore 🤘 .
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 am

i would like to see them in the glory days of the eighties becuase the one time i saw them it was nothing life changing and im a huge iron maiden fan
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:52 pm

How could seeing Iron Maiden not be one of the greatest experiences ever? scratch

If they'd play in maybe SF or Sac, I'd go see them. That's a concert worth going to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:54 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i would like to see them in the glory days of the eighties becuase the one time i saw them it was nothing life changing and im a huge iron maiden fan

You are far too young to be this jaded...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Quote :
it was nothing life changing and im a huge iron maiden fan

How does that add up?? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:16 pm

MetalH wrote:
Quote :
it was nothing life changing and im a huge iron maiden fan

How does that add up?? scratch

i dont know either. the gig got really hyped in the press that it would be the best gig of all time sort of thing and that is pretty much not going to happen after Metallica headlining the same festival the previous year. that gig was voted the second best gig of all time in Kerrang magazine it was that good
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:16 pm

TheGooch wrote:

we british are pretty jaded
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:52 pm

I wish they would come to my area. Too bad they won't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Surprised they're going to New Zealand without at least one more Australian date. Oh well, thankfully I saw them last year when they came to Perth.

Anyone know if they're doing a new album next year. They're due according to my Maiden calendar!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:56 pm

VaughanGF wrote:

Anyone know if they're doing a new album next year. They're due according to my Maiden calendar!

When I saw Maiden this past Summer Bruce did say that once this tour was over they were going to head right back into the studio.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
VaughanGF wrote:

When I saw Maiden this past Summer Bruce did say that once this tour was over they were going to head right back into the studio.

Sweet!!! I really wish I could have seen them on this tour, though. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:27 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I really wish I could have seen them on this tour, though. Peace.

You and me both brother.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Tour 2009   Iron Maiden Tour 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden Tour 2009
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next