Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jazz

Go down 
+8
Hamer12
Schbopo
QuothTheRaven
Addy
manny
tohostudios
stepcousin
XYZ
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:56 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Not bad for 2 fingers he might as well cut the others off.

What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Laughing very hard it meant i never seen someone play that good with just 2 fingers and he made it look like he had no use for the other 2
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:41 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Laughing very hard it meant i never seen someone play that good with just 2 fingers and he made it look like he had no use for the other 2

he faster with two then many with four! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Chicago's first album as the Chicago Transit Authority is some awesome progressive rock/jazz fusion that is worth checking out.
Back to top Go down

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:48 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Chicago's first album as the Chicago Transit Authority is some awesome progressive rock/jazz fusion that is worth checking out.

Yeah that is a good one. The first couple Blood, Sweat & Tears albums are similar as well.
Back to top Go down

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:44 pm

I'm a dummy when it comes to jazz, but I'm fasmcinated by it. Last night I was at my brother's dance concert and they used a Dizzy GBillespie song entitled "A Night in Tunisia" and the drummer and bassist are just kicking everyone's ass in that song. I thought, damn, this has alot in common with metal, just on acoustic instruments. Anyway, so when someone like Dizzy Gillespie's band records an album is there alot of improv or do they have structured songs like other genres?
Back to top Go down

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:06 pm

It's mostly improv. In the majority of straight-ahead jazz composition the introduction is composed and played by the entire ensemble, then the various soloists take turns improvising over the chord changes, then they will repeat the beginning introduction at the end.

That is of course an over-simplified explanation.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 am

Deciding to post here, inspired by the Coltrane stuff in the playlist thread. So I'm one of those people who a Wynton Marsalis or similar would bicker about, who thinks the post-bop stuff that turned into free jazz and fusion is the logical progression, and the second golden era, of jazz music. Yes, I like my Charlie Christian. I dig on 'Birth of the Cool'. But I'm a music explorer and my brain and my soul go to a lot of different worlds, and usually I want to be in the world conjured up by say.........we'll use Sun Ra as a good example...one of my favorites..yep..that seems like a good idea. Smile A man who claimed he was from Saturn and landed here to help mankind transcend the planes, and who probably introduced electric keyboards to jazz, and has made some of the most imaginative music ever. I couldn't find something from 'The Magic City', and all the 'Atlantis' stuff is poor quality, so here's a few more obscure tracks..the last one being of a funk influenced period..

We'll also look at someone considered more contemporary, although of about the same age as Herbie Hancock - Wadada Leo Smith. Here's his Golden Quartet live:

Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Just gave Time Out a listen, and I must say it is one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Jazz in 4/4 alone is probably the most technical genres of music, but to play in 5/4 and 9/8 is just amazing.
Back to top Go down

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:45 pm

XYZ wrote:
Just gave Time Out a listen, and I must say it is one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Jazz in 4/4 alone is probably the most technical genres of music, but to play in 5/4 and 9/8 is just amazing.

Great album, totally classic. Brubeck gets a bad rap, he was actually hip as hell. I also recommend you get the followup album called "Time Further Out".
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:01 pm

I've been listening to more jazz lately. Got some Tim Weisberg, Weather Report, Django Reinhardt, Pat Metheney, and I've also been getting into more jazz-influenced rock like Steely Dan and King Crimson.

Verdict: Jazz is cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jazz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz   Jazz - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jazz
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2