Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel

Go down 
+9
Lurideath
zombiewalkin
Vordul
stevegarveyfan
manny
DeathCult
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Stender
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Empty
PostSubject: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:27 pm

I've been listening to a lot of bolt thrower, benediction, Sinister, old morbid angel, Sadist, old Mortification and others lately which is really weird since I usually cant listen to a heavy amount of deathmetal due to my extreme dislike of overdone blastbeatage but these bands dont do that, and I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction as in good death metal with thrash tendencies...maybe some unknowns from the Tampa scene....
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:54 pm

MONSTROSITY - "Millenium"

some of the most technical old school DM you will hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Correct. The best death metal band from Tampa, IMO.

Obituary, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, those are the biggest and best from Tampa, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 pm

Heres another to check out Stender.If you're into the guttural,brutal vox.

http://www.myspace.com/cysticdysentery
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 pm

Obituary is the best youll come across Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:10 pm

I saw tons of death metal bands in the late 80's early 90's, but the ones that stand out are the obivious death metal bands from that time period from this era. Death was my favorite death metal, but toward the end of Chuck's life and career they had moved beyond their own genre.

I liked Deicide, but I felt the lyrics were to over the top to take seriously, Monstrosity is very cool band, I used to hang with their drummer Lee. Also one of my favorite death metal bands from the area was Atheist great band.

The most unique death metal band from the area was Nocturnus who had a keyboardist, and was a great live act. Morbid Angel which asked not to be named as to be named simply because they were so amazing.

During that time period in late 80's/ early 90's saw tons of death metal acts at places like the Ritz (later Masquerades), Brass Mug, and other places in Tampa, Ybor City area.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Thanks for the hints guys...for some reason I have never checked out Monstrostity before, dont know why. I will make sure to give em a go. I have also been spinning Master's "collection of souls" and "on the seventh day god created master" alot.

I like Obituary quite a bit as well, there first one I think is my fav.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:45 pm

scratch that, I mean Obituary's like 4th album... Cool
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Not death metal, but VERY heavy thrash with somewhat of a death metal leaning: Demolition Hammer. No blast beats, but really crunchy and clear riffs with BRUTAL thrash vocals. I don't think they're from Tampa, but they are still VERY good (steer clear of the third and last album, Time Bomb. It sucks beans.)
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:07 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Not death metal, but VERY heavy thrash with somewhat of a death metal leaning: Demolition Hammer. No blast beats, but really crunchy and clear riffs with BRUTAL thrash vocals. I don't think they're from Tampa, but they are still VERY good (steer clear of the third and last album, Time Bomb. It sucks beans.)

I'll have to check them, thanks stevegarveyfan.

Thats really what I'm shooting for, crisp riffs...deathmetal leaning more in the ways of thrash.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:10 am

you should check out brutality's discography mr stender sir 🤘
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:05 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I need to find this.......

I've always liked Obituary because of their Celtic Frost influence. The music never went over the top but always heavy and chuggariffic.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Brutality
Resurrection
Diabolic
Solstice
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Massacre, Nocturnus and Athiest I would check out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Some of my favorite death metal albums:

Massacre - From Beyond
Cancer - To The Gory End
Cancer - Death Shall Rise

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm

I'm not much of a death metal guy but I just wanted to say I saw Morbid Angel live once when they were touring their first album and WOW, those guys put on a helluva show!! Trey Azagthoth (or however you spell it) is the Eddie VH of death metal.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:27 pm

I like many death metal bands but my fave are MALEVOLENT CREATION, BAPHOMET(USA), MASSACRE, UNLEASHED, GRAVE, OBITUARY, MORBID ANGEL, DEICIDE, INVOCATOR, BOLT THROWER, PENTACLE etc...
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:25 am

in all honesty i would've thought someone would've dedicated a website to this era and locale in death metal history.......................

2 would've's in the same sentence..............aren't i skillful scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel   Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tampa deathmetal....besides Morbid Angel
Page 1 of 1