Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth: Remaster or Original

Go down 
+15
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
sam
TheGooch
akeldama
Rex
Thrasher73
ultmetal
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
manny
mc666
DeathCult
XYZ
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which is better?
Remastered Megadeth
Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Original Megadeth
Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Vote_lcap73%Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 73% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That horn thing is on the original. It's just buried in the mix. Listen closely you can hear it. It sounds more like a keyboard on the original though.

Ok I just listened to the original cd and the vinyl. I heard part of a horn for a few seconds. VERY faint, I had to turn it up pretty smurfing loud to hear it. Then again, it could be part of something else.

And ULT, when I say it's faint, I do mean faint, you really have to listen closely, it lasts for maybe 2 seconds too, could easily be mistaken for a guitar effect. Im glad it got buried though, it shouldve stayed that way. DEATH TO REMIXES!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:54 pm

I only have the remastered and I find them just find, though the only negative feedback I have heard about them is the fact that dave rerecorded all the vocals. this doesn't seem to set well with most.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:44 am

spectrefate wrote:
That horn thing is on the original. It's just buried in the mix. Listen closely you can hear it. It sounds more like a keyboard on the original though.

Finally someone else actually hears the keyboards on the original like i do. I can't believe ult thinks that it's something new. It is very faint and you have to really listen but it's there.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am

I hate how Dave re-did the intro to (In My Darkest Hour).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:38 am

I bought all the Megadeths as originals (most when they were new releases, cuz I'm old) so therefore I have no need for the remasters/remixes/re-recordings/whateveryouwannacall'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Always stick to the originals...this whole re-recording thing needs to STOP.

Unless they could get a different vocalist to replace Dave...hmmmm.... just kidding
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:16 pm

Original ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Wow. Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:10 pm

Duh, what do you think???

Reissues aren't cool. Remasters on the other hand are great.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:06 am

ultmetal wrote:
Original. The "remasters" aren't just "remastered", they are remixed and in some cases re-recorded. I detest what they did to "Into the Lungs of Hell" on the new version.

I just got the original issue of SFSGSW, listened to "Into the Lungs of Hell," and heard the horns on the first time. I really like them where they are in the mix. It's a nice filler, but it won't, to me, seem to fit if it were up front in the mix.

I actually really like the original mixes much more than the remasters.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 am

Original
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:49 am

Just got Peace Sells... the "remaster" and i can definately tell Dave re recorded a lot of the stuff on it. The sound is better but messing with the original writing was lame.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 am

I bought rest in peace beacuse of the bonus tracks, and I haven't found anything anoying on the album. I am interested on getting PEACE CELLS and SO FAR SO GOOD. Should I get the remastered of those 2 albums or find an original?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:08 pm

powermacho wrote:
I bought rest in peace beacuse of the bonus tracks, and I haven't found anything anoying on the album. I am interested on getting PEACE CELLS and SO FAR SO GOOD. Should I get the remastered of those 2 albums or find an original?

The bass part on "Take No Prisoners" where Junior plays alone at 1:36 is different, on the remaster it's totally lost it's nuts, I was so ticked when I heard it. Also, the vocal parts on Five Magics is different on the "possessed with hellish torment" parts. As I've said Megadeth is my fave band but I do detest the re-recording aspect of the remasters. Doesn't Dave remember singing "A little man with a big eraser, changing history" ?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:03 pm

I will look for the originals then. They are cheaper I guess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth: Remaster or Original
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2