Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth: Remaster or Original

Go down 
+15
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
sam
TheGooch
akeldama
Rex
Thrasher73
ultmetal
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
manny
mc666
DeathCult
XYZ
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which is better?
Remastered Megadeth
Megadeth: Remaster or Original Vote_lcap27%Megadeth: Remaster or Original Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Original Megadeth
Megadeth: Remaster or Original Vote_lcap73%Megadeth: Remaster or Original Vote_rcap
 73% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Megadeth: Remaster or Original Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:17 pm

I've been thinking of getting the remastered Megadeth albums, but I've been hearing a lot of negative feedback about them. What should I do?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Original, dont even bother with the remixes
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:45 pm

DeathCult wrote:
indeed.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:46 pm

If you can stick to the originals, I love Megadeth but he is doing revisionist history by re-recording parts of the album and solo.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:42 pm

I like the remasters mostly because of the bonus tracks. The rerecorded stuff doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 pm

From what I've been told, only the Risk remaster is a bit different. I'm sure he touched up on everything, but Risk is the one album I've been told where you could actually notice.

I have the originals though, I bought'em before the remasters and I'm not going to buy it again, even if there are bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:16 pm

DeathCult wrote:

I third this statement.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:21 pm

I have all of the originals and like them just fine, but I will be getting the remasters (as time and budget permit) due to the desire to have the bonus material. Peace.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 pm

Original. The "remasters" aren't just "remastered", they are remixed and in some cases re-recorded. I detest what they did to "Into the Lungs of Hell" on the new version.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Original
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
. I detest what they did to "Into the Lungs of Hell" on the new version.

What exactly did they do?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
From what I've been told, only the Risk remaster is a bit different. I'm sure he touched up on everything, but Risk is the one album I've been told where you could actually notice.

I have the originals though, I bought'em before the remasters and I'm not going to buy it again, even if there are bonus tracks.

Laughing very hard

Whoever told you that is either deaf or they havent listened to them all
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:43 pm

Schbopo wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
. I detest what they did to "Into the Lungs of Hell" on the new version.

What exactly did they do?

Dave basically re-recorded the whole thing and added a horn section to boot.

Not to mention the wussified drum sound on Peace Sells.

The only remaster that still retains anything worthwhile is the Killing Is My Business one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:45 pm

That horn thing is on the original. It's just buried in the mix. Listen closely you can hear it. It sounds more like a keyboard on the original though.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That horn thing is on the original. It's just buried in the mix. Listen closely you can hear it. It sounds more like a keyboard on the original though.

Thats funny, I always thought it was a keyboard.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:

If it's buried in the original, it needs to stay buried. Trog and I played both side by side trying to hear the "keys/horns" in the original release. You cannot hear them. I've read that Dave "wanted them" but they were completely left off. Good thing. They suck and make the song wimpy.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

If it's buried in the original, it needs to stay buried. Trog and I played both side by side trying to hear the "keys/horns" in the original release. You cannot hear them. I've read that Dave "wanted them" but they were completely left off. Good thing. They suck and make the song wimpy.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Some parts of the remasters are better and some parts of the originals are better. Get them both.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:00 pm

I prefer the originals, the only reason I have the remasters is for the bonus tracks. I hate the remastered version of Take No Prisoners,Five Magics,Into The Lungs Of Hell, and many more.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 pm

remaster for me - better sound. dont have oroginals so cant moan about the changes to some songs
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:13 pm

TheGooch wrote:
remaster for me - better sound. dont have oroginals so cant moan about the changes to some songs

I bet when they remaster "United Abominations" 20 years from now, we'll complain about it too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 pm

Schbopo wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I bet when they remaster "United Abominations" 20 years from now, we'll complain about it too. Very Happy

probably yeah. "oh no they changed one note in "a tout le monde" - oh dear
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Laughing very hard

Whoever told you that is either deaf or they havent listened to them all

Laughing very hard x 2

This is the board I heard that from.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:19 pm

No, you're right, the change in Risk is very noticeable. Not so much in Youthanasia or Countdown.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Schbopo wrote:
No, you're right, the change in Risk is very noticeable. Not so much in Youthanasia or Countdown.

I didnt mean that Risk wasn't changed, because it is. But, all of them have been tampered with, and you can tell on most of them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth: Remaster or Original   Megadeth: Remaster or Original Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth: Remaster or Original
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next