Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SteelHeart

Go down 
+14
Witchfinder
corplhicks
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
kmorg
Troublezone
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
the sentinel
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

SteelHeart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 10:20 am

Dammit!! Now you've gone and got me interested in Steelheart when I just said I wouldn't be getting anymore.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39405

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 am

Yeah! Those are both really good tunes.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 11:31 am

the sentinel wrote:
Track 8 "Steelheart" has to be the fastest and heaviest thing they ever committed to tape. headbanger

That song is INSANE. In fact, I'm doing my workout in a bit. Think I'll throw it in the mix.

Glad to see Tangled getting attention around here. I've always felt it to be a terribly overlooked and criminally underrated album, as well as the best representation of the band. Unfortunately after this one they went for a more alternative vibe, which still hasn't grown on me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 am

So anyway, I gave that "Good 2B Alive" disc a few more spins over the course of this week, aaaand...is it possible for an album to get worse with repeated listens?

Seriously, on the first time thru I was like "Ehh, it's... OK, I guess," the second time thru I was like "Ummm, y'know what, maybe this isn't very good after all," and by the third spin I was like "F*ck this album, it shall never darken my CD player again." Haha.

One of my FB friends sez it's considered by most to be a Milenko Matijevicz (or however you spell it) solo album anyway, which I can believe.

The credits are all "all songs written by Milenko, arranged by Milenko, guitars by Milenko, this by Milenko, that by Milenko, catering by Milenko, Milenko, Milenko, Milenko," the inside front cover is an artsy B&W closeup pic of his brooding face, and the back of the lyric sheet folds out into a poster of him singing live on stage. (random observation: in said pics, he looks like a young, stubbly George Hamilton.) Geez dude, ego much? Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So anyway, I gave that "Good 2B Alive" disc a few more spins over the course of this week, aaaand...is it possible for an album to get worse with repeated listens?

Seriously, on the first time thru I was like "Ehh, it's... OK, I guess," the second time thru I was like "Ummm, y'know what, maybe this isn't very good after all," and by the third spin I was like "F*ck this album, it shall never darken my CD player again." Haha.

One of my FB friends sez it's considered by most to be a Milenko Matijevicz (or however you spell it) solo album anyway, which I can believe.

The credits are all "all songs written by Milenko, arranged by Milenko, guitars by Milenko, this by Milenko, that by Milenko, catering by Milenko, Milenko, Milenko, Milenko," the inside front cover is an artsy B&W closeup pic of his brooding face, and the back of the lyric sheet folds out into a poster of him singing live on stage. (random observation: in said pics, he looks like a young, stubbly George Hamilton.) Geez dude, ego much? Haha

Yeah from what i remember it was pretty terrible, far removed from the early Steelheart sound. I think he got really desperate with that one.

Mike's ego is rather inflated. The good news is he can still deliver in concert. Hell, if he came to a county Fair 'round these parts, I'd be there no problem.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Isn't Miljenko Matijevic the guy who had a brain injury from a stage accident and it took him years to recover?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Isn't Miljenko Matijevic the guy who had a brain injury from a stage accident and it took him years to recover?

I guess you're referring to this?

Ouch!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I guess you're referring to this?

Ouch!!

Crazy! I read an interview with him years ago - probably around the time that Rock Star was released - where he talked about being in a haze for several years from that.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Laughing very hard

I think he was just happy to still be around after the accident and able to perform at all. But, I get the point, Keith. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 pm

I do not care for Steelheart but it was interesting that Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger recruited him to replace Ian Astbury in their Doors tribute act:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 10:38 am

Frontiers Music Srl has announced the signing of STEELHEART for the release of a brand new album in the spring of 2017.

"We have been asked by so many of you, 'When will STEELHEART record a new album?' The time has now come," said STEELHEART singer Miljenko Matijevic. "This is going to be an amazing journey and a lot of fun! We are bringing all of you along with us as we embark on this journey with video updates from the studio."

There are plans to have a few surprise guest appearances on the recording, with the full lineup to be revealed shortly.

"We have been drinking wine and having fun sorting through songs," continues Miljenko. "We are bit overwhelmed, as we have 41 songs in the 'yes' pile already with more folders to go through. We are dedicated to choosing the perfect songs with the track flow invoking every emotion along the way."

The vision and direction of the new album is to capture the energy we all enjoyed from the band's first two albums and implement it with the energy and power of today's rock music. It will be very melodic, but still heavy and hard hitting as well as featuring life lived, tear jerking ballads with orchestral colors.

"Thank you all for the love, support and your appreciation for our music," concludes Miljenko. "We look forward to sharing this journey with you. Let's bring the magic back into the music and energy to the stage. We love you all! Remember to live and enjoy your life!!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 10:39 am

I've probably made this joke already but it bears repeating: It's official, Frontiers Music will sign damn near anyone who sold more than fifty records during the hair metal era. I anxiously await the announcement that they've snapped up Noisy Mama, Sweet F.A. and Beau Nasty any day now.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 11:12 am

Yea, I'm not all fired up over the prospect of new Steelheart, but I thought the news was worth posting, even if me make some jokes at their expense.

By most accounts in this thread, the last Steelheart album was just a Mike Myxlplyx solo album anyway (and not a very good one at that), so we'll see how this new one adds up.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 6:48 pm

How in the world did I miss these guys back then??

I guess like Tyketto and some others they got swept up by the Seattle scene/sound and couldn't get momentum.

Just bought their first two.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 2:03 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I guess like Tyketto and some others they got swept up by the Seattle scene/sound and couldn't get momentum.

Dude is technically flawless on vocals

Some great tunes
Some okay tunes
Unfortunately, more bad
Of course, all (IMHDO)

In case you did not know...
Singer's voice and tunes were used in Wahlberg movie "Rock Star"
Singer pilfered rhythm guitar player & drummer from Rage of Angels

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 5:38 pm

Imagine being in the crossfire of a vocal war between Mr. Steelheart and Mark Slaughter. Can you say glass breaking (and dogs going nuts)?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 8:00 pm

James B. wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Dude is technically flawless on vocals

Some great tunes
Some okay tunes
Unfortunately, more bad
Of course, all (IMHDO)

In case you did not know...
Singer's voice and tunes were used in Wahlberg movie "Rock Star"
Singer pilfered rhythm guitar player & drummer from Rage of Angels

Ha! That's how I just "discovered" Steelheart: I just watched Rock Star with my girls two days ago and wanted to know who was doing the vocals.

I never knew We All Die Young wasn't a Rock Star original!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 11:22 pm

The only Steelheart abum i own is their s/t one, and it's very good.

Tangled in reins is on my want list.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SteelHeart   SteelHeart - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SteelHeart
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2