Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Empty
PostSubject: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:26 pm

First off, I don't care what y'all say, these guys kicked ass.

Now that that's out of the way...this is pricey but seems like a solid package. The DVD is only available through the band's webstore at $40--yeah, 40--but the offering is huge with an official 1990 concert, a bootleg concert, and a ton of extras:

DVD 1 - Japan Tour 90:
Love Aint Easy
Like Never Before
Gimmie Gimmie
Girl Gone Crazy
I'll Never Let You Go
Can't Stop Me Lovin You
Drum/Guitar Solo
Rock N Roll (I Just Wanna).

Videos:
I'll Never Let You Go
Cant Stop Me Lovin You
Shes Gone
Everybody Loves Eileen
Sticky Side Up
Wait

Acoustic Show (from Hong Kong):
Shes Gone
Sheila
Mama Dont You Cry
Electric Chair
Shangrila

DVD 2 - Bootleg Concert - Toads Place 91:
Backstage
Like Never Before
Everybody Loves Eileen
Instrumental Jam
Sheila
I'll Never Let You Go
She's Gone
Down N Dirty

Extras:
I'll Never Let You Go? (TV)
She's Gone (TV)
The Making Of Everybody Loves Eileen
She's Gone (alternate version)
Before Steelheart There Was Red Alert
Photo Gallery
Interview - London 90
Interview - New Haven 91
Interview - Hollywood 92
The Making Of Tangled In Reins
Soundcheck
The Accident In Denver

You can order this through their storefront at steelheartstore.com. I would if I had the funds. That Red Alert doc sounds kind of interesting.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 3:02 pm

I'll keep my opinions of Steelheart to myself (I have fond memories of a stripper working the pole to 'Never Let You Go' and leave it at that), but that does seem like a pretty swell package they've put together. $40 seems a bit steep, but for die-hard fans, I guess it's worth it.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have fond memories of a stripper working the pole to 'Never Let You Go' and leave it at that)

fainting

Calling around on pole dancing lessons for the wife...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:55 pm

Was there anything interesting about this band BESIDES the singer?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Was there anything interesting about this band BESIDES the singer?

Nope. Pretty run-of-the-mill hair band stuff from what I remember. Some ok tunes, but a little too late to the party to make any kind of impact.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 3:33 pm

I thought they were pretty decent (I only have their debut) but that singer (whose name escapes me right now) was indeed awesome.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 5:18 pm

^^Miljenko Matijevic. Yes, I had to copy and paste that from Google. I will never be able to spell his name correctly.

The band is a bit faceless without the singer, but Chris Risola is a fantastic player and the hooks were very strong. That whole debut was solid throughout with only a couple moments of goop. My introduction to the band was Lady (She's Gone). Made me cry a whole bunch as a kid. It's still one of the strongest ballads of the last dying breed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD   Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steelheart Still Hard Live DVD
Page 1 of 1