Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease

Go down 
+19
Rex
MetalGuy71
BillRoxx
nevermore
the sentinel
A Handful of Wayne
sam
HellRaiser
manny
Schbopo
XYZ
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
Lurideath
Troublezone
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
DeathCult
akeldama
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Got a email back and all they needed was my name, address and also just a picture of the disc. They said If I had a receipt to send that too but it wasnt necessary thankfully. So hopefully i'll have the better version soon.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Blabbermouth posted an announcement from Twisted Sister today saying that it turns out, the ENTIRE RUN of "Stay Hungry" remasters all have the audio problem on Disc 1 (at first they thought it was limited to the first 1000 or so copies). There are details on Twistedsister.com about how to get replacement discs.

The band sounds righteously pissed and I don't blame'em. Sorry to all you guys who bought this already and got hosed. I'm glad I wasn't a first day buyer on this one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Haha... Well atleast we now know there is a problem with the cd and it was remastered after all.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth posted an announcement from Twisted Sister today saying that it turns out, the ENTIRE RUN of "Stay Hungry" remasters all have the audio problem on Disc 1 (at first they thought it was limited to the first 1000 or so copies). There are details on Twistedsister.com about how to get replacement discs.

The band sounds righteously pissed and I don't blame'em. Sorry to all you guys who bought this already and got hosed. I'm glad I wasn't a first day buyer on this one.

Unfortunately for guys like me, who are planning on buying a used copy, the market will probably be flooded with these crap copies that folks won't bother returning and I won't know till I play it.

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Unfortunately for guys like me, who are planning on buying a used copy, the market will probably be flooded with these crap copies that folks won't bother returning and I won't know till I play it.

The second run should have a different catatlogue number, I would hope. Like a -2 or something like that.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:09 pm

they are only replacing the one disc so i really doubt people will bring this to a used store because they wont have a case for it unless they dont want the second disc. The only place i would worry about getting it is swapacd.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:04 pm

I was going to get this the day it came out but completely forgot about it till reading about all the problems. Lucky break I guess. But I'm still going to wait on that second run just to be certain they get that right. Way to go Rhino.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Anyone get the replacement disc yet?

I'm still waiting for mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:02 am

Yea I got mine last week. Its really just louder than the one that was replaced and I dont think it sounds any better really. Also I took a quick listen to the one I originally bought and I noticed a popping noise during We're Not Going To Take It, I put on the replacement disc and its also on that one. So besides it being louder I dont really notice any difference in quality it sounds like poop, but I guess thats how it always sounded haha.

This might be the one instance where I feel the actual original might just be the better one.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:28 am

I received mine, along with an apology letter from Jay Jay French and a Twisted Sister pin. Pretty cool.

I hear a lot of difference in the sound. The overall sound is much beefier. The bottom end in the mix has really been brought out. The drums sound much more powerful on the replacement disc. as well They really have a thunder that wasn't there before. This is not a complete remix, just a remastering, which means levels are changed to give the CD a different overall sound. This new CD sounds much better than the somewhat flat original CD.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:57 pm

yea I got the letter and pin as well.. To me I dunno It just sounds louder. I'll have to listen to it again maybe. They should have just remixed it really. Not like they are doing anything else really.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:19 pm

I bought it through Amazon. It doesn't sound remastered. The sound is very "thin". But it doesn't sound like the misprints either, becasue I donæt have to cranck it to 11 to play it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:56 pm

I am glad I didn't get it 2 days ago. I was about to buy it, but we were on a rush, so my sister insisted not to get it at the moment. Now I will get the good version 🤘

Another note, I saw some used cd's of this album on that store, I guess guys that don't research will buy it not knowing of the issues that it has
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease   Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry 25th Anniversary 2009 rerelease
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3