Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY

Go down 
+15
mikeinfla
stpatrik
krokus
thejokeriv
bgsully
manny
iamrockerfun
onrypt
James B.
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Witchfinder
brokentulsa
19 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Empty
PostSubject: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Turning 30 today is:

TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY 51EzlgM1UyL._SL500_AA280_

I picked this album up on the day it was released on cassette (I still have the cassette)..Cant believe its that old now...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Great album!  Burn In Hell is killer! I also really like "The Price."    I even liked the re-recorded album Still Hungry.  This reminds me that I need to go buy the 25th Anniversary Edition.  

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 7:56 pm

I loved it as a kid, still like it now, I'll have a TS moment about once a year!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Dammit stop making me feel elderly!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dammit stop making me feel elderly!!

Exactly !

TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY 387733 
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:52 am

Great album then,still great today!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 1:28 am

The last really good Twisted Sister album (IMHDO)

Like already stated, "Burn In Hell" and "The Price" are great tunes. Also like "S.M.F" too.

Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 1:52 am

Ahhh 10th grade……..
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 5:57 am

there was a time ive listen it heavily, but now, rarely.
got me overplayed.
but today im gonna spin my vinyl for tribute.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 7:28 am

I still love the album, and yes I now feel ancient
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 8:55 am

I freakin' love that album! My favorite tracks are Burn In Hell, and The Beast.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:07 am

Ouch.... I remember buying the vinyl as a new release......
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:29 am

I can see that some of you guys are old by now, because you bought it when it was released and that is already 30 years ago  Laughing , anyway, i am much younger  \'arry \'eadbanger  and i bought this record first on cd back in 1990 i think it was, 6 years after it was released and it still sounded great. One of my fave albums by the band. Great stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:47 am

Haha, cheer up guys, it's not like we're in our 80's (at least in age - that is Smile). That's what's cool with this forum; guys in their 40's still enthusiastic about bands new and old.

I wasn't really a fan back then and it wasn't until the 90's even early 00's that I really got into Twisted Sister and bought up stuff by them, and also some of Snider's post-TS stuff, of which some is quite good. First and only time I've seen the band was at Sweden Rock Fest 2009 where they actually performed the entire SH album from beginning to end, so that was good. It was great hearing stuff like The Beast, Street Justice and Don't Let Me Down live.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:19 pm

I bought it on cassette when I was in the 8th grade (I think). I ordered it from Columbia House Record Club! One of the ones I got for a penny but then ended up having to pay $17.98 plus shipping for each additional order!

I have no idea where this tape is now but when I wanna ROCK! I pull out the Still Hungry CD.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 7:29 pm

As much as a couple songs from this album are way overplayed and overrated, the rest of the album is great! I can certainly see why Tom Werman thought those two songs weren't strong enough to be included on the album. Though they were massively popular and super catchy, they are the weaker songs on the album.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 7:35 pm

I was a HUGE Twisted Sister fan from the time I bought their first 45 single, then Ruff Cutts. Loved Under the Blade and You Can't Stop RnR. Wore my pink Twisted Sister muscle shirt to school proudly. When Stay Hungry came out I was initially disappointed. I never really stopped listening to them, but there is not doubt that Stay Hungry was a less aggressive, less metallic Twisted Sister. To us diehards it was a "sellout". Then they just became over-played and almost a joke.

Now, I like and appreciate this record quite a bit, though still not as much as the first two.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Even though the singles from this were/are overplayed, I still think they are great (I do skip over "The Price" on occasion, though). Solid record.

Love is for Suckers is my favorite TS record...despite the uniform hate it seems to get.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:39 pm

I like Love is for Suckers. I bought it as a new release as I was working at Cavages Records in Rochester at the time. I really dug it, but everyone I knew who were formerly Twisted fans hated it. It was very different from what Twisted was and was an obvious attempt to follow the crowd rather than doing whatever the heck they wanted. Of course little did we know that it was really suppose to be a Dee Snider solo record and not the new Twisted Sister record. It killed whatever momentum that band still had going. Still, the songs are good, the vocals are good, the production is decent. It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:54 pm

I think "Come Out And Play" is a rather underated album myself, yes it's even more commercial then "Stay Hungry", but the songs are still catchy as hell.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 7:04 pm

I've been listening to a lot of TS related material lately. I still enjoy Stay Hungry but I skip over the overplayed singles.

While the early material (particularly the live shows) is unbeatable overall, these days I really enjoy the first half of Love is For Suckers, as well as the Desperado albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY   TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TWISTED SISTER...STAY HUNGRY
Page 1 of 1