Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crappy songs by your favorite bands?

Go down 
+27
candlemass
TrogDawn
RevBilly6207
mr.electric39
Sabbath In Solitude
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
sonofthunder
Mattallica667
YngwieDokkenfan
metalmaniac122
DallasBlack
AngelRipper16
TheGooch
tohostudios
Troublezone
ultmetal
Addy
akeldama
XYZ
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
stevegarveyfan
mc666
the sentinel
manny
Schbopo
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Speaking of turds and Priest... i hate that song Love Zone from that same record.

sick
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Speaking of turds and Priest... i hate that song Love Zone from that same record.

sick
It's funny, aside from "Johnny B. Goode" and the terrible overprocessed guitar sound overall, I really like Ram it Down - "Love Zone" included don\'t know
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm

None w/The Doors! crazy happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Never really cared for "Fool In The Rain" by Zeppelin. It's not a bad song; it just doesn't do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:25 pm

xyz wrote:
Never really cared for "Fool In The Rain" by Zeppelin. It's not a bad song; it just doesn't do anything for me.

I like it, and by your own admission it's not a crappy song. Those can be found on Coda! lol!
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Maiden are one of my absolute favorites, but I can't stand "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter." First thing I thought upon first hearing it: "Damn. I can't believe Bruce Dickinson was capable of writing a song I just don't like at all."

"Johnny B. Goode" is one song Priest should have never covered. I love the Chuck Berry original, but It's just not very conducive to Rob's voice

Metallica's "Escape" is the only song I ever skipped on it's respective album.

Last edited by GrimBeornTheOld on Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Iron Maiden - Deja Vu

Awful lyrics and bad melody by Maiden standards. Worst song they wrote.

Judas Priest - Johnny B. Goode

Just... bad. Does not work at all with the Judas Priest sound.

Dokken - Slippin' Away
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 pm

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
Sign of The Times-Queensryche

I loved Queensryche in the late eighties and early nineties, even Silent Lucidity. Their comeback song that hit the airwaves in 1997, though, really sucked!! When I found out this song was actually Queensryche, I couldn't believe that they would write stuff like this.

That's a good tune.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Lari wrote:
Iron Maiden - Deja Vu

Awful lyrics and bad melody by Maiden standards. Worst song they wrote.

Judas Priest - Johnny B. Goode

Just... bad. Does not work at all with the Judas Priest sound.

Dokken - Slippin' Away

I love Deja Vu, its one of my favorite Maiden songs. Never heard the Dokken one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Slippin Away is an awesome Dokken song. Just as good a ballad as Alone Again.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Only My Heart Talkin'- Alice Cooper

On the whole, Trash is basically Trash, but that song in particular ignores the piss out of me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:01 pm

candlemass wrote:

Touch Me (I don't think Morrison even liked that one)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:06 pm

detuned wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Whiskey Bar. A horrible musical theater number, the only reason the debut isn't a perfect classic.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Whiskey Bar is definitely skippable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Whiskey Bar. A horrible musical theater number, the only reason the debut isn't a perfect classic.

Yeah, I forgot about that one, add it to the list.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:19 am

detuned wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Yeah, I forgot about that one, add it to the list.

I am Doors die hard fan, I donot dislike 'Whiskey Bar' but it is the worst song on their album, but I guess Jim Morrison could not resist singing about Whiskey Bars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm listening to the first Rainbow album and grooving right along...until the song "If You Don't Like Rock N Roll" comes on. This album would be near perfect if it wasn't for that one particular punch bowl turd.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:49 am

Listening to KISS' "REVENGE" for the first time in a while right now... and man, I love this album (one of my fave KISS discs) but it would be sooooo much better if they'd left off "God Gave RnR To You" and "Every Time I Look At You"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Listening to KISS' "REVENGE" for the first time in a while right now... and man, I love this album (one of my fave KISS discs) but it would be sooooo much better if they'd left off "God Gave RnR To You" and "Every Time I Look At You"

'Every Time I look at You' is a little sappy, but ok. But I skip 'God Gave...'every time. Do not like that song one bit. Good call on that one, Fro-drick.

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:55 am

Quote :
"God Gave RnR To You"

Yeah, I've always hated that one too. I don't remember "Everytime I Look At You", but then I haven't listened to that album in a coon's age either.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Speaking of Dokken, I really like their latest "Lightning Strikes Again"
a lot, except for 1 song on it that really sucks and that is "Disease"!

All of "Shadow Life" also sucks too IMO.

Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy" has 2 duds to my ears, they are
"Rhiad and the Bedouins" and "Sheckler's Revenge"

I like AC/DC a lot, but the song "Ballbreaker" makes my skin crawl, and
a lot of "Stiff Upper Lip" I dislike as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:42 am

GrimBeornTheOld wrote:
I love Deja Vu, its one of my favorite Maiden songs. Never heard the Dokken one.

Me too, that's one of my favorite tracks from that album...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

'Let's Put the X in Sex' and 'You Make Me Rock Hard' are too steaming piles of dog turd in the KISS songbook.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Aerosmith-Cryin', Crazy and practically any Joe Perry song except Let The Music Do The Talkin'
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:31 pm

akeldama wrote:
Aerosmith-Cryin', Crazy and practically any Joe Perry song except Let The Music Do The Talkin'

Dude, I don't know about the Joe Perry comment, but IMO those first two Joe Perry Project albums from the early 80's are some of the best Stones inspired rock n roll of that time. Dirty, simple, and to quote one of the song titles off one of those Perry classics, 'No Subsitute for Arrogance', just 100% attitude.

Also some of the highlights of some of those Aerosmith records are some of his tunes like 'Bright Light Fright' and 'Walk on Down'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crappy songs by your favorite bands?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next