Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crappy songs by your favorite bands?

Go down 
+27
candlemass
TrogDawn
RevBilly6207
mr.electric39
Sabbath In Solitude
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
sonofthunder
Mattallica667
YngwieDokkenfan
metalmaniac122
DallasBlack
AngelRipper16
TheGooch
tohostudios
Troublezone
ultmetal
Addy
akeldama
XYZ
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
stevegarveyfan
mc666
the sentinel
manny
Schbopo
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:39 am

"Next time someone points a gun at you say...SHOOT SHOOT!"

:defleppard:
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:43 am

Yeah. I am pretty sure that's not a staple in his set lists. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:40 am

mc666 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Escape - Metallica
great song, awesome chorus.

For some reason that song has never done anything for me, it never sounded like it fit on that album. But that's just me...and we all know how weird I am.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:04 am

Guns N'Roses - Breakdown

Big GnR fan, but I hate that song. The banjo, the bizarre lyrics, just awful. I've recently been spinning their whole back catalog and that's the one song that makes me hit the skip button every time.

Standing by for The Haters response in 3...2...1...

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Guns N'Roses - Breakdown

Big GnR fan, but I hate that song. The banjo, the bizarre lyrics, just awful. I've recently been spinning their whole back catalog and that's the one song that makes me hit the skip button every time.

Standing by for The Haters response in 3...2...1...

Even Axl needs fans. Smile

Here's one some may not agree with but I have always despised this one:

"Living After Midnight" - Priest

Terrible intentional radio hit. Say what you want about Turbo, but there isn't anything on that album that is worse than Living After Midnight from British Steel.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 am

Escape by Metallica, never liked that song, and I have to agree with Metalguy, the song 'Breakdown' is the only dog on Chinese Democracy.

I am huge Alice Cooper fan but 'Spark in the Dark' and 'House of Fire' are horrible.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:30 am

manny wrote:
Escape by Metallica, never liked that song, and I have to agree with Metalguy, the song 'Breakdown' is the only dog on Chinese Democracy.

I am huge Alice Cooper fan but 'Spark in the Dark' and 'House of Fire' are horrible.

'Breakdown' is from Use You Illusion II, but thanks for the support anyhows, Manny.

And speaking of Priest, I tend to skip over the song 'United'. I get what they were going for, but the song is just so cheesy and contrived, I can't listen to it. It's slightly better in a live setting with audience participation, but not by much.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 am

Sorry Metal guy you are right and not the song I was thinking of anyway I have to look over the track listing of Chinese Democracy but there is a song on that CD I can't stand and I thought it was titled Breakdown.

I don't mind United but to me it sounds almost like a re write of one of their earlier anthems 'Take on the World',
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:38 am

My World off one of the Use Your Illusion CD's is a song that I also hate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 am

"United" - a perfect example of how to ruin a GREAT groove.

Living After Midnight is an okay tune, it just got played into the grave.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 am

I never liked "United" by Priest, or Metallica's "Escape," much either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:01 pm

"Better' on Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy is the song I do not care for, and after re-listening to the song 'Breakdown', I can agree with Metal Guy it is a weak track.

Can I just name Peter Criss's entire solo album as crappy, just to save time by not listing every individual track
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:13 pm

manny wrote:
Can I just name Peter Criss's entire solo album as crappy, just to save time by not listing every individual track

Never mind his solo "album"... how about his entire solo CAREER?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Never mind his solo "album"... how about his entire solo CAREER?

My exact thought.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:26 pm

To call anything Peter Criss did after leaving KISS a career is being generous.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:03 pm

mc666 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Escape - Metallica

Well, I at least agree with you. It is my favorite song from Ride The Lighting.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:17 am

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Escape - Metallica

I also love the song. Lars doesn't like the song, and it happens to be the only song that the band has never played live through the first 5 albums. The guys in Metallica basically stated that it was their attempt at throwing a more commercial song to the masses. "Ride The Lightning" was also the first album that the band contemplated a video, which would've been "For Whom The Bell Tolls". They came very close at making this happen. In retrospect I wish they would've, so we could've at least seen Cliff in a vid!
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:37 pm

detuned wrote:
Place In Line by Deep Purple? C'mon, I dig that song!

I'll take some potshots at some of my favorite bands here...

Deacon Blues - Steely Dan
Six Broken Soldiers - King's X
Mother - Pink Floyd
Escape - Metallica
Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix
After All (The Dead) - Black Sabbath
Invisible - Dio
New World Man - Rush

Each to his own. New World Man is one of the most intelligent rock songs ever written in terms of lyrical content. Mother by Floyd is one of the most emotionally genuine tunes out there. Roger Waters is telling of a mother who was so protective that She almost crushed his metaphorical wings.

I'll agree with you on Crosstown Traffic. Jimmy must have been really high on some drug he was into when he wrote this. Stupid melody, and retarded lyrics. Retarded lyrics only work when the instrumentals are totally beyond belief
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:50 pm

The lyrics to New World Man are fine, I've just never really liked the tune itself...too happy...or something.

I used to love The Wall, thought it was very "deep", but as I've gotten older it's really started to grate on my nerves. Waters at his most self-indulgent, the lyrics are a little too straight forward on Mother...a little more ambiguity would have made a more powerful statement.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:54 pm

sick Genesis--"Tonight, Tonight, Tonight"... sick

Don't hear this one too much any more, but it was massively overplayed on a lot of stations until not too many years ago. The melody sounds like a drunken ambulance siren, and the lyrics are just too goofy. How do you come down like a monkey?? What the heck is that?? And why is it alright?? It sounds to me like the monkey was writing both the lyrics and the melody for Phil and the guys on this one.

Considering the great tunes Genesis had already written when this musical fart came out and the stellar musicianship they had already displayed, it is sad that this sorry excuse of a song actually became a hit
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:14 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Escape - Metallica

I also love the song. Lars doesn't like the song, and it happens to be the only song that the band has never played live through the first 5 albums. The guys in Metallica basically stated that it was their attempt at throwing a more commercial song to the masses. "Ride The Lightning" was also the first album that the band contemplated a video, which would've been "For Whom The Bell Tolls". They came very close at making this happen. In retrospect I wish they would've, so we could've at least seen Cliff in a vid!
The lyrics on Escape are not all timeless,it is essentially a song about rebellion,but,sometimes a great song can override its words,Helloween's "I Want Out" is lyrically in the same vein but is a great tune IMO.

now ,at least the cut comes from a major fan,but,the truth is the truth

Sabbath(the first two in the wtf category)

Illusion Of Power
Keep It Warm

Dirty Women (I know some like this one but IMO Gypsy is a way better song about a bad girl, and the solo is great)

Rock n Roll Doctor-if it had been done by anyone else.......its not awful,it is tolerable,it would be an alright live Ozzy song just for fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:57 pm

Nobody's Hero - Rush 'melodramatic poop'
Before the Dawn - Judas Priest.... boring
The Assassin - Iron Maiden ..... just awful....
Go Zone - AC/DC ..... everyone lays a turd
Life Goes Around & White Dove - Scorpions .. unreleased stuff should stay unreleased.

sign
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
RevBilly6207
Metal novice
Metal novice
RevBilly6207

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 pm

"Most" songs that Gene Simmons sang on the non-makeup KISS albums
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/once_dead
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:50 pm

Woman is the N##ger of the World-John Lennon, even one of the greatest songwriters in rock history can write a song so political naive, so preachy, and so sh!tty with a slogan as flaccid as an ex president, that you wonder if Yoko hypnotized him and convinced him to write and release such tripe.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
"Crush 'Em" by Megadeth
I like that song. I know it's kinda merry and poppish, but I like it. Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 309780

ultmetal wrote:
"Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me" - Motorhead
Schbopo wrote:
Agreed. Motorhead shouldn't do ballads.
Troublezone wrote:
Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me" - Motorhead Laughing

Funny title.
According to Lemmy's autobiography, that song was written with the intention that a female would record and sing it (Lita Ford I think) since it's about sexual abuse, but whoever was going to do it bowed out and Lemmy decided to use it anyway. Kinda like "Hard Luck Woman" being the best KISS song that Rod Stewart never did! Very Happy

Oh, and songs I hate by bands I love? The all-time top one has to be:

JUDAS PRIEST - "Johnny B. Goode": Priest always chose and recorded GREAT and offbeat covers, but this one should never have been done...a real turd. Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 288219
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crappy songs by your favorite bands?   Crappy songs by your favorite bands? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crappy songs by your favorite bands?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next