Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Slayer Song

Go down 
+15
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Troublezone
Required Fields
candlemass
Invader
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
zombiewalkin
ultmetal
mc666
sam
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Slayer Song - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 am

i like how his hits a higher range at the end. yeah, this is going to be another awesome album.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
Full song.

I love that picture. Always cracks me up. Haha.

always love to see that picture as well, its class. as for the song on hearing the full version, i must say that i find it pretty average. does not really go anywhere
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 am

By the way Divine is forbidden in Germany. Means no advertising and you have to be over 18 to buy it from under the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:32 am

tul wrote:
By the way Divine is forbidden in Germany. Means no advertising and you have to be over 18 to buy it from under the table.

Germany? Where the Holocaust occurred? A Slayer CD is banned because it's graphic? What a strange world.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:47 pm

I like that song. I REALLY like the riff during the last verse section; sounds like vintage Slayer.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 am

I'm liking this new song.It sounds more like the Slayer of old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:10 pm

I think it is a really good song - the next album sounds promising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Germany? Where the Holocaust occurred? A Slayer CD is banned because it's graphic? What a strange world.

Let's not forget that was over 50 years ago and was perpetrated by the government and not the "country".
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:47 am

New song is ok. One thing i always disliked about Slayer was Kerry's lead work. If Kerry would stick to Rhythm and let Jeff do the leads most of the songs would flow better imo. He is just so predictable.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:48 am

once you have heard one kery king solo you have heard them all IMO. very boring lead player but amazing on rythmn
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:57 am

Didn't Kerry once admit that he could only solo in A? Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 am

He doesn't know what key his solos are in ... if they even are in a key. Like Jeff, it's a bunch of random flailing somewhere in the vicinity of E minor.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
He doesn't know what key his solos are in ... if they even are in a key. Like Jeff, it's a bunch of random flailing somewhere in the vicinity of E minor.

but it works lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:04 am

sam wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

but it works lol!

he only wishes it works i would rather hear no solo than one that sounds like crap and is repeated over and over again..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:42 am

Hanneman is by far the better guitarist...but Kerry also has his place. Their solos fit the band, they fit the brutality of the music, I don't see them ever changing that.

All their solos are basically just chromatic, but they are primarily written out, if you listen to live versions they are pretty close to the same night after night.

I also prefer more technically proficient and "musical" players, but for Slayer...it's all about the aggression and I wouldn't want them to change anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Slayer Song
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3