Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Slayer Song

Go down 
+15
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Troublezone
Required Fields
candlemass
Invader
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
zombiewalkin
ultmetal
mc666
sam
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

New Slayer Song - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm one of the few that actually really liked Diablos In Musica, thought it basically sounded like an updated version of South Of Heaven. If you like Slayer's slower material that would be a good choice (plus you can actually hear Tom's bass on that record).

I think Christ Illusion was the best album since Seasons In The Abyss, primarily because of Lombardo's return. Divine Intervention suffered from his abscense in my opinion. That's not a dismissal of Bostaph's technical abilities...but Lombardo has a special "vibe" to his drumming that just can't be easily re-created, I think he's one of the most original of metal drummers.

As for the lyrics I don't really pay that much attention. However, if you want to see the lyrics to the Christ Illusion album here they are: http://www.slayersaves.com/lyrics-christ-illusion.php#3
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:40 pm

That's a great riff 🤘

But am I the only one who thinks that Tom Araya's vocal melodies can get extremely repetitive? It is like he is recycling the same five melodies in most songs.

The sound is more "clean" than a lot of other Slayer releases, something that I rejoice upon - Not as repetitive as other songs.

I will give this new album a chance (I was never a big Slayer fan)- The last one was a welcome back to the more melodic stuff, which is great (the cover art, though, might be the most stupid Slayer cover ever).

Also, and I may get slapped for this, but I think the drumming in that particular clip sound very Lars Ulrich-like - Not a bad thing, though.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Sounds good to my ears. I liked Christ Illusion, it was their best since Divine Intervention in my opinion, although guitars on that album sounded weak in my opinion. In this guitars sounded better and the song sounded good, so I'm looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

But am I the only one who thinks that Tom Araya's vocal melodies can get extremely repetitive? It is like he is recycling the same five melodies in most songs.

Nope, I totally agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:34 pm

Tom Araya has vocal melodies?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Look at that frickin article!

Quote :
With AC/DC and Metallica back in business, it's been a great year for hard rock.
When the Smurf did Metallica become hard rock? I don't care if Lars calls them a hard rock band. Piss on Lars and his idiocy. No frickin' music journalist should ever call Metallica a hard rock band. God!

And isn't that the same jackass that ruined the new Metallica album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:15 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
I despised that punk covers cd.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:49 pm

I abslutely love their guitar tones! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Quote :
With AC/DC and Metallica back in business, it's been a great year for hard rock.
When the Smurf did Metallica become hard rock?

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:
I despised that punk covers cd.

Agreed.

I second that emotion.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 pm

I've heard that it may be their last as well.

For the record, I do know that a lot of Christians post here, which may need to do with it.

Tom Araya himself is Catholic. I think I do recall hearing Dave Lombardo is a Christian as well, though I have no idea how "religious" they are. Just think of it as being like an actor in a movie. Just because they sing something doesn't mean they believe it in real life.

As I've said before, many of the most religious people I've ever met like metal. Many of the types who will blast religion, on the other hand, despise it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:50 pm

It's supposed to be their last, but I don't think they'll stop.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:58 pm

The music sounds great...
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Tom Araya has vocal melodies?

lol! , I thought the same thing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm

I enjoy Slayer, but only to a point. Everything they did up to and including Divine Intervention was good stuff. I have Diabolus, but only keep it for about 3 songs that I really like. The rest of the album was a bit to repetitive and groovy for me to really get into it. Didn't care for God Hates Us All. The punk covers album did nothing for me. I haven't even tried Christ Illusion. Will have to give this new track a listen...

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm

Just listened to it. Sounded pretty good to me!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:57 pm

I thought " God Hate Us All" was an excellent album and it liked it better than "Divine Intervention" and "Diabulos". I have also heard this may be their last album but I find it hard to believe since it seems to me creatively they have a second wind.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
if you like this new song, you should go back & listen to Christ Illusion. it's in the same vein.

what is it people didn't like about the punk album. is it that you don't like punk, don't like the songs they chose, or don't like how they played them?

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:59 am

Quote :
what is it people didn't like about the punk
album. is it that you don't like punk, don't like the songs they chose,
or don't like how they played them?

For me, I like punk, when its done by punk bands. I thought the song selection was OK, but their execution didn't come across well. It sounds like they tried too hard. Just not for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:36 am

mc666 wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
if you like this new song, you should go back & listen to Christ Illusion. it's in the same vein.

what is it people didn't like about the punk album. is it that you don't like punk, don't like the songs they chose, or don't like how they played them?

I'm not a huge fan of punk. I like the classics like the Ramones. The hardcore stuff doesn't really appeal to me. Consequently, I didn't recognize any of the songs that Slayer covered, so it was one of the last Slayer albums I purchased, mostly just to fill the hole in my collection. When I loaded all of my Slayer into my mp3 player and hit shuffle, the punk stuff flowed nicely with the rest of their catalog and I've since become a fan of that cd. I just listened to it about 2 weeks ago.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:26 pm

i used to really like slayer until i got their recent releases which turned me off a bit

CI is not too bad though although tom arayas voice is not at its best
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Just listened to the clip. Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:42 pm

the clip sounds ok i guess. not inspiring me or anything. just sounds like slayer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I may have to give it a go then.

The punk album, to me, sounded like a band really TRYING to play punk, but just not having the attitude to pull it off. I like some punk, and I love thrash, and there is just this certain vibe I get when listening to either. An attitude and emotion behind them, entirely seperate and distinct, that I don't think can be copied or conveyed when done by someone not of that genre or scene.

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Full song.

I love that picture. Always cracks me up. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Slayer Song   New Slayer Song - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Slayer Song
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next