Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?

Go down 
+10
TheDoctor'sScarf
DWS33
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
SAHB Healer
spiritoradio
Shiney
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Empty
PostSubject: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Do they always come in groups of 7? And what are they screaming about, anyway?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:12 pm

Been listening to Tyranny & Mutation have we?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:13 pm

The "Super Hits" compilation actually (that and the FIRE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN are all the BOC I have).

But that song title has always puzzled me so I figured I'd throw the question out there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Blue Oyster Cult have always written strange lyrics who's meaning is lost on everybody but the band, on their first album they have a song titled "As Beautiful as a Foot"

Blackie Lawless said he learned the importance of having great song titles from B.O.C.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The "Super Hits" compilation actually (that and the FIRE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN are all the BOC I have).

But that song title has always puzzled me so I figured I'd throw the question out there.

There is a gaping hole in your collection Mr FF.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Freddy what is your opinion on B.O.C. based on that release so far. I am curious since I saw in another thread that you are not that familiar with their material.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:52 pm

I was always puzzled by "Lips In The Hills"....I think it could be dirty.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:54 pm

manny wrote:
Freddy what is your opinion on B.O.C. based on that release so far. I am curious since I saw in another thread that you are not that familiar with their material.

I like the B.O.C. stuff I have, which isn't much... I just have never gotten around to investigating them further. One of these days when I hit the Lotto I'll buy up all the CDs that I can't afford right now, including theirs. very happy

Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:54 pm

I think that 7 Screaming Diz-Busters are demons. I believe I read that somewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Here's the lyrics. Sounds like demons...or minions...or something...

They held their heads with laughs of pain
They learned from men whod just refrain
From glancing at a mirrors face

Seven screaming diz-busters
Who lurked behind the rose
Cast iron for a bloodstream
And ice behind their eyes

On each and all those holy nights
When dusters dust becomes the sale
And lucifer the light
The light

Theyre long so long this time of year
When stars be crossed by twirling fear
You dont suppose Id prove surprised

Should go the route and die
Without that warmth theyve learned to crave
With hardened smiles and evil signs

Bury me near the secret cove
So theyll not know the way
Bury me there behind the rose
So theyll not rile my grave
Ill not reveal whose name still lost

Well their laughs of pain
And their harder smiles
And their rigid arms
And their evil signs
Yeah, the longer days ah, the longer nights
Oh, yeah the longer
Yeah, theyre longer still

And lucifer the light
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Well I guess that clears it all up, eh? It's a great song anyway.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:50 am

Tune in next week, same time, same Bat-Channel, and we'll discuss why Joan Crawford has risen from the grave!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:09 pm

I'd rather discuss the song "Blue Oyster Cult". I thought that one would explain the name but it only makes it more confusing.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'd rather discuss the song "Blue Oyster Cult". I thought that one would explain the name but it only makes it more confusing.

Considering that their previous name was "The Soft White Underbelly" I suppose they figured a change to "Blue Oyster Cult" could only be an improvement. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Ever reliable Wikipedia says that Blue Oyster Cult came from Sandy Pearlman's (their producer) poetry. The Blue Oyster Cult were aliens sent to Earth to guide Earth's history. There ya go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:39 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Ever reliable Wikipedia says that Blue Oyster Cult came from Sandy Pearlman's (their producer) poetry. The Blue Oyster Cult were aliens sent to Earth to guide Earth's history. There ya go.

Sounds like somebody had been reading Lovecraft.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:44 pm

detuned wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Sounds like somebody had been reading Lovecraft.

Or Scientology. Razz

By the way, detuned, who is that in you avatar. She's cute.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:48 pm

manny wrote:
Blue Oyster Cult have always written strange lyrics who's meaning is lost on everybody but the band, on their first album they have a song titled "As Beautiful as a Foot"

Blackie Lawless said he learned the importance of having great song titles from B.O.C.

hmm. i dunno. i know a girl with very beautiful feet and i know one with gross feet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

By the way, detuned, who is that in you avatar. She's cute.

Elizabeth Banks. She's a doll.
Back to top Go down
DWS33
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Dizzbuster is a rough translation from German of ejaculated semen. I guess spooge cannon would have been a better choice.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Well, according to Al Bouchard, DW is correct.

He once proclaimed in an interview the cleft of the penis to be the "diz" and the "buster" was the "duster's dust" (a lyric from the song and being an allegory for semen).

And I always thought they were demons. God, I love that band.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:03 pm

GrimBeornTheOld wrote:
Well, according to Al Bouchard, DW is correct.

He once proclaimed in an interview the cleft of the penis to be the "diz" and the "buster" was the "duster's dust" (a lyric from the song and being an allegory for semen).

And I always thought they were demons. God, I love that band.

Me too, but Richard Meltzer is one of the biggest wiseasses of all time, most of BOC's early lyrics were intentionally jokes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DWS33
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:06 am

I wonder if Seven Screaming Dizzbusters was a reference to a Bukkake?

They held their heads with laughs of pain = Head referring to the tip of the penis.
They learned from men whod just refrain
From glancing at a mirrors face

Who lurked behind the rose rose = labia
Cast iron for a bloodstream = hardon
And ice behind their eyes

And lucifer the light
The light

Theyre long so long this time of year = erection
When stars be crossed by twirling fear
You dont suppose Id prove surprised

Should go the route and die = post ejaculation limpness
Without that warmth theyve learned to crave = vaginal wartmth
With hardened smiles and evil signs

Bury me near the secret cove =vagina
So theyll not know the way
Bury me there behind the rose = vagina beyong the rose
So theyll not rile my grave
Ill not reveal whose name still lost

Well their laughs of pain = rough sex ?
And their harder smiles = rough sex ?
And their rigid arms = rough sex ?
And their evil signs = rough sex ?
Yeah, the longer days ah, the longer nights
Oh, yeah the longer
Yeah, theyre longer still

And lucifer the light
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:26 am

It's kinda grossing me out. And that's coming from a guy with "Bukkake Tsunami" under his name. Hey Detuned, you might want to rethink your title, buddy.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:39 pm

I think the lyrics are intentionally supposed to suggest demons, the actual meaning of Dizbuster is just the injoke.

You could literally discuss BOC lyrics for years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?   What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the hell is a "Diz Buster" anyway?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next